Old 09-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face Hectic Month.

It's been a Hectic Month. We had Labor day weekend, my Birthday, and 2 weeks vacation. I only managed to lose 1 LB this month. But that's better than gaining. Hope to do better next month.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickieLou View Post
It's been a Hectic Month. We had Labor day weekend, my Birthday, and 2 weeks vacation.
I don't know. I find each month to be more hectic than the next. There is never a let up! It never stops. IS there even a month on the calender that doesn't have a holiday? Or a birthday? Or a school function, a social event, a something? And then there's just the every day stuff... nope, never ending.

So for me, I had to learn how to handle my food within the hectic-ness. I had to realize that though the circumstances may change, the requirements don't. I am still required to eat well - regardless of what is going on around me. I can not use the hectic-ness as an excuse to overfeed myself.

Quote:
Hope to do better next month.
I think you've been struggling for quite some time now, so please know that I mean this in the best of ways - It says under your name "Don't give up!" and boy is that true. But you also must work on "don't give in" (to the food, your cravings). Because when you do, you make this process SO much harder.

In addition, you can't hope for it to be better, you have to plan for it to be better and work for it to be better. And than you shall see, it WILL be better.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 09-27-2010 at 10:54 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #3  
Don't Give Up!

Red face

Thank You RockInRobin for the reply. I need to work on planning better for Holidays, Vacations, etc. I'm so use to using it as an excuse to overeat or eat what ever I want. If I'm going to make progress again in this weight loss journey, I need to PLAN better.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

I was just editing my response and I see you replied (so please re-read it) I wrote basically what you said - I mustn't use holidays, birthdays, stress - whatever as an excuse to overfeed myself.

Eating well, adhering to a healthy lifestyle goes across the board. It can't be a sometimes thing. But again, I think you make it harder than need be, by never letting the lifestyle take hold. When you give in so easily, the good habits don't get entrenched in you - and boy does that make it hard. You also don't see any rewards, all you feel is sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice - and boy does that make it hard.

Make this easier, not harder. Make a plan. And stick to it like glue. Like glue. This *restriction* you will see, turns out to be a good thing, not a bad one. I'd love for you to find this out.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

VL, do you know that you inspired me to get to Onederland with your Onederland thread months ago? I got there in large part because of you!! I sure wish I could pay the same kick forward.

I'm still quite impressed that you stick with it, but weight loss seems always to nag in the background of your life. I had to make it the forefront of my life, the number one most important thing. Shouldn't the number one most import thing in your life be your health?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Shouldn't the number one most import thing in your life be your health?
And when you discover (realize) that your weight, which is directly related to your health, is the most important thing, than you will accept zero excuses. Zero. You will find a way around every *obstacle*. You will become passionate about adhering to your plan - regardless of your circumstances.

Therefore I urge you to become passionate about this. Make this your number one priority. Make this your job, your mission. Get excited about it. Find the joy, not the dread.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #7  
Don't Give Up!

Smile

RockinRobin I'm looking forward to the day I become passionate about sticking to my plan. Thank You for your encouragement and advice.

Eliana I was almost in tears when you said I inspired you in the Onderland Challenge. I will get there. Thank You for your encouragement and advice.