Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 06:38 AM   #1  
Andrew

Thumbs down Thank Goodness It's Friday!!! March 14, 2003

Starting the thread...

Here are some hellos I missed yesterday.

Laura-My husband's family did not like me-they thought I was too young and I married only 5 mos after I met him. They thought I must be pregnant but we were married 5 years before we had kids. Anyway-you should concentrate more on your relationship with your future husband than your in-laws. He is the one you are going to live with, not them. I have a great relationship with my husband's 5 brothers and their wives and families now and my father-in-law is a sweetheart. My MIA on the other hand-we have a strained relationship, she still doesn't approve of me but I've stopped letting it bother me. Good luck. And your future husband needs to remember that you are first-not his family-for the same reason..you are the one he has to live with, not them.

Rina-Hope you get some sleep.

Belle-Yay on your loss. Too bad about your height-that means you have to weigh less and that stinks. How does it feel to have over 50 lbs gone? That is my goal, well I actually want to lose 70 but I would be happy with 50. I can't imagine what I will feel like or how I will look with 50 lbs gone because I've been overweight for so long. I can't wait!

I went to bed at 5:30 pm last night so when I came into work at 2:45am I felt pretty good. Slow in the ICU today, only three patients. I've been looking on the computer for houses in Fl to rent. We want to take Andrew to Disney next year so we are starting to plan it now. He has never been to Florida so he is really excited. There are so many options. Staying in Disney would be convenient but it is so expensive. I want to have a room w/ a kitchenette so we don't have to eat out all the time. Talk to you later. Have great day!!

Last edited by momofoneson; 03-14-2003 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:11 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

Robin - 2:45 am??? I could NEVER work at that time, even if I did go to bed at 5:30!!!

Well I was totall yoff hte wagon yesterday. And Wednesday too. I didn't exercise either day. I think that has something to do with it. Well, back to exercise today and trying to stay OP.

I have a pretty laid back day today, but I'm still very tired and I don't want to be here. I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 09:38 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Robin, Disney with your kiddo will so much fun! We plan on taking Aaron for the first time probably next fall, but my father-in-law and his wife (two of the greatest people ever!) live in Port St. Lucie which is only about an hour away. So we don't need a hotel room. Have you tried some of the internet travel sites like travelocity or orbitz or expedia? They have discount hotel rooms on them. What a fun thing for you to plan!

Hey Lori, glad you're feeling better even if it's just a little bit. Fridays, no matter how easy at work, are just kind of "anxiously waiting for Saturdays" in my opinion. Of course, I don't usually work on Fridays, so Thursday has become my "anxiously waiting for Friday" day.

Last night went pretty well. We went to TGI Friday's for dinner. I had saved up 18 points and I just breezed in under it. I had 1 potato skin, and a chicken caesar salad. It really filled me up to the point where I couldn't finish the salad. Your tummy really does start to shrink after a while, doesn't it? We went shopping at Sam's Club, where I got all kinds of food for the stamping workshop I'm having Tuesday (Jess, I just wish you were here to help me have it) and then on to Kohl's for some bra and undie shopping (mine were all getting big and flappy-like and developing lots of holes -- how's that for too much information!)

Today I may go into work for a little bit, but I think that Aaron and i will just chill at home. I worked my bottom off yesterday and cleaned my kitchen and scrubbed the floors (a huge kitchen, so this is quite a job) along with all of my vacuuming, dusting, and swiffering all our hardwood. I was even sweating when I was done. But on the bright side, I got three activity points doing this all, added to the 4 I got yesterday for Walk Off the Pounds. So I am hoping that sitting in the clean parts of the house will motivate me to finish the rest of it today.

See you ladies later!
Old 03-14-2003, 12:00 PM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Ladies!

Belle - you go girl! 3.5 and firmly into onederland. We're all so proud of you! Have fun on your date.

Robin - Disney sounds like fun. We went to Florida in Nov. and stayed at Orange Lake Resorts. It was wonderful. I don't know what your budget is like and I'm not trying to sell anything but sometimes you can get really great deals on renting condos at resorts. One website I know of is www.rcihn.com.

Jayne - Glad that dinner went well for you last night. What a good friend you are to listen and comfort when you feel the same pain yourself.

Thanks all for your advice re: CB and the family. I'm thinking over all the things you've said.

Must work. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Laura
Old 03-14-2003, 01:56 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone (although it's afternoon already for many of you). My dad's staying the same for now, we're waiting for a bed so he can have his surgery. Good news on my niece's front though, she had her minor surgery and was home the same day and is feeling much better. I had a good night for my Junk food thursday - I managed to confine myself to a sampling of everything instead of totally gorging. Of course tonight is movie night at my house so we'll have to see what I can manage to avoid. Popcorn is a life saver isn't it? The wine on the other hand...
Robin - can I send my dad to your ICU? On second thought, he's such a grump you probably wouldn't want him.
Lori - Get back on that wagon! Or if you feel like some excercise, run along beside it for a bit and then hop up.
Jayne - those potato skins are the best! Cleaning is a great way to get activity points, I'll try it myself tonight before everyone comes over.
Hello to Laura and everyone else about to post, I'll be back.
KT
Old 03-14-2003, 03:18 PM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

OMG you girls! When I read these I laughed until I cried. Some woman found a collection of Weight Watcher recipe cards from the 70's and has done a little visual display and commentary with them. But the funniest part is looking at what she named the images as they load, so be sure to do this. I guarantee you will laugh!

http://www.poundy.com/wwcards.html
Closed Thread