Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #1  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fitness NSV!

I am 12lbs from my initial goal weight and struggling. I keep seeing 156.5 then bump back up to 157 mostly, was even up to 159 at the beginning of the week which I couldn't explain. So when I saw a special offer on at my gym for personal training sessions and knowing that this PT is highly recommended and has always been helpful and friendly to me in the past I decided to go for it in the hope of maybe getting the kick I need to get rid of these last pounds and tone up the saggy bits (there's lots of 'em )
I had my first session last Friday and although it was hard and I was sore on Saturday it felt do-able. This week with the scale jump a few days ago I've felt so down, like someone is trying to tell me I'm done when I myself know I'm not ready to be done yet. But I've kept going and I'm back to 157 (even saw the magic 156.5 again this morning for a second).
Anyway I had my second session with the PT at lunchtime and OH MY GOSH! He joked the other day when I saw him that last week was just a warm-up Today he seriously kicked my butt, he worked out a new programme for me in which I barely had time to rest before moving onto the next exercise. When it came to the treadmill he asked me about my running and I said that I can run for up to 50mins or so now, but slowly at 8kph. Shorter runs I can do faster, 5k at up to 8.5kph and I've done 2.4k at 9kph a few times. I told him the fastest I'd gone was 10kph for a minute or so one day. I can't remember exactly because I had my mind on not falling flat on my face off the back of the treadmill, but he had me doing 1min interval runs with a 1min walk in between, the first run being at 9.5kph, 10kph for the next, 10.5kph for the third and then 11kph for the last two, and I did it I really couldn't believe I'd done it, I felt like I used to when I first started running and was increasing the time I could run for, like I was so strong and invincible and shocked and just what I could achieve
So even though that scale is being really stubborn right now, I'm happy to have had a much needed NSV today which proves how my fitness is improving and shows me what I can do if I push myself a bit harder. Let's just hope the scale realises I mean business quickly and follows suit.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #2  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

LovingMe, this is a GREAT NSV!!!! I love the feeling of being fit and physically challenged. The scale will give way eventually, never fear, with hard work like you have and do put in to the effort.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #3  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

I think the increased hysical ability is more indicative of your success than any weight loss - way to go!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote