Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/23/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Yesterday's thread at 9:49 pm

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
You need to have 20 posts and have been a member for 20 days to have access to the ticker. Please only put the ticker in your signature, not manually in your post.

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:42 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone!

I guess I ended up posting this on wed. I was reading some of the posts from later last night. I was amazed at the price difference with new life styles diet? 12.50 a box is way cheaper than 24.00 a box.

I am hoping when I do WI next Thursday that I am in the 140's. I am going to stay out of the kitchen as much as possiable today as this day is a hard day for me, would have been 21 years still hurts some but hasn't even been two years yet. My daughter is having surgery on tuesday so i will be taking my bars, etc with me for the haul.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:48 AM   #3  

Default New Lifestyles products

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
I guess I ended up posting this on wed. I was reading some of the posts from later last night. I was amazed at the price difference with new life styles diet? 12.50 a box is way cheaper than 24.00 a box.

I am hoping when I do WI next Thursday that I am in the 140's. I am going to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible today as this day is a hard day for me, would have been 21 years still hurts some but hasn't even been two years yet. My daughter is having surgery on Tuesday so i will be taking my bars, etc with me for the haul.
Sheila, it's less convenient for me to get alternative products, so I haven't used them. There's some information about alternative products, including New Lifestyles, in the IP Food Alternatives sticky. There are probably some lurking quasi-former members who after the first few weeks switched to alternative products for the budget savings.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Waking up to a great day and feeling positive about this lifestyle change. The pounds may not seem to be moving, but the inches are! Hmmm, does that mean the fat is just migrating around and eventually I'll have 36" ankles?
Old 09-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #5  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
I am going to stay out of the kitchen as much as possiable today as this day is a hard day for me, would have been 21 years still hurts some but hasn't even been two years yet.
sending hugs

been there; I know of no words to make it better, but it matters to us that you are feeling sad. Don't let the day derail you, though. YOU matter!!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #6  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default Good Morning

Good morning, I hope that every wone makes it through their day with little stress.

I don't remember who suggested it, but i had the crispy cereal today with some tea flavored with cininomion and vanilla, so good almost like a chi tea with out the milk. Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions and support on this forum.

Whishing everyone the best.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #7  
Soon To Be FitnFunky

S/C/G: 196/156/136

Height: 5' 1"

Dear IP friends, I need a PEP talk! I am drinking over 100 oz of water per day, I am weighing and measuring, and I haven't even come close to cheating. The only thing I do have trouble with is my schedule doesn't allow me to eat every 4 hours. Breakfast drink is at 7, lunch is at 12, Dinner is at 5-5:30 and my snack is at 8. After a nice first 2 weeks, (14 pounds), I have stalled. My scale at home has only moved .5 pounds in 2 weeks. I am feeling so discouraged. Inches have slowed too. I have added walking every other day. TOM is completely messed up, used to be like a clock--last month 5 days early, this month 5 days late and still waiting! PMS is OOC, and I need some help! I am also at the weight where I stall at every diet I have ever done. Please help me get past this road block!!!! I am getting desperate. How can I possibly consume less than 1000 calories a day for 14 days and see such small results when others do so well? I am sure I am not the only one that has faced this -- Any suggestions?
Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #8  

Good morning all !

Can Carla or anyone give me clear information on exactly why we cannot have pop/soda on this plan? I have some info in my manual but it is really unclear and complicated. Is it the pancreas that is put into action or is just that it changes the alkalinity of the body? Thanks in advance for any clear, simple info you can give me.

Thanks and have a great day everyone !
Old 09-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #9  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Good morning all !

Can Carla or anyone give me clear information on exactly why we cannot have pop/soda on this plan? I have some info in my manual but it is really unclear and complicated. Is it the pancreas that is put into action or is just that it changes the alkalinity of the body? Thanks in advance for any clear, simple info you can give me.

Thanks and have a great day everyone !
How about this:

Prof. Dr. Carlos Alexandre Fett Faculty of Physical education at UFMT with masters in nutrition at UFMT Laboratory of Medical fitness and Metabolism -

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FINISH DRINKING A CAN OF SODA **

First 10 minutes: 10 spoonfuls of sugar strike your body, 100% of the recommended total daily allowance. You do not vomit immediately from the extreme sweetness, because the phosphoric acid cuts the taste.

20 minutes: The sugar level in the blood explodes, bringing about an insulin spurt. The liver responds transforming all the sugar that receives into fat (which is a lot at this particular moment).

40 minutes: The caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, the blood pressure raises, the liver responds pumping more sugar in the blood current. The receivers of adenosine (not sure if that is the right word as I translated this article) in the brain are blocked to avoid dizziness.

45 minutes: The body increases the production of dopamine, stimulating the centers of pleasure in the body. (Physically, it works like with the heroin.)

50 minutes: The phosphoric acid pushes calcium, magnesium and zinc to the large intestine, increasing metabolism. The high doses of sugar and other sweeteners increase the excretion of calcium in the urine, that is to say, you are urinating your bones, one of the causes of the OSTEOPOROSIS.

60 minutes: The diuretic properties of caffeine go into action. You urinate. Now it is guaranteed that you will eliminate more calcium, magnesium and zinc, of which your bones would need. As your sugar high drops you will undergo a sugar shock. You become irritated. You will already have eliminated everything what was in the refreshment, but not without first also eliminating things which your organism will need.

And this is what some give their children? This is why diabetes and obesity exist at such young ages, AVOID giving sodas as a reward for finishing his food (hamburgers, hot dog, pizza, etc) especially coke. Do you really love your children? Think about this before drinking sodas.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
How about this:

Prof. Dr. Carlos Alexandre Fett Faculty of Physical education at UFMT with masters in nutrition at UFMT Laboratory of Medical fitness and Metabolism -

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FINISH DRINKING A CAN OF SODA **

First 10 minutes: 10 spoonfuls of sugar strike your body, 100% of the recommended total daily allowance. You do not vomit immediately from the extreme sweetness, because the phosphoric acid cuts the taste.

20 minutes: The sugar level in the blood explodes, bringing about an insulin spurt. The liver responds transforming all the sugar that receives into fat (which is a lot at this particular moment).

40 minutes: The caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, the blood pressure raises, the liver responds pumping more sugar in the blood current. The receivers of adenosine (not sure if that is the right word as I translated this article) in the brain are blocked to avoid dizziness.

45 minutes: The body increases the production of dopamine, stimulating the centers of pleasure in the body. (Physically, it works like with the heroin.)

50 minutes: The phosphoric acid pushes calcium, magnesium and zinc to the large intestine, increasing metabolism. The high doses of sugar and other sweeteners increase the excretion of calcium in the urine, that is to say, you are urinating your bones, one of the causes of the OSTEOPOROSIS.

60 minutes: The diuretic properties of caffeine go into action. You urinate. Now it is guaranteed that you will eliminate more calcium, magnesium and zinc, of which your bones would need. As your sugar high drops you will undergo a sugar shock. You become irritated. You will already have eliminated everything what was in the refreshment, but not without first also eliminating things which your organism will need.

And this is what some give their children? This is why diabetes and obesity exist at such young ages, AVOID giving sodas as a reward for finishing his food (hamburgers, hot dog, pizza, etc) especially coke. Do you really love your children? Think about this before drinking sodas.
THANKS ! for your quick reply......Would this be for 'diet' soda as well?
Old 09-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Dear IP friends, I need a PEP talk! I am drinking over 100 oz of water per day, I am weighing and measuring, and I haven't even come close to cheating. The only thing I do have trouble with is my schedule doesn't allow me to eat every 4 hours. Breakfast drink is at 7, lunch is at 12, Dinner is at 5-5:30 and my snack is at 8. After a nice first 2 weeks, (14 pounds), I have stalled. My scale at home has only moved .5 pounds in 2 weeks. I am feeling so discouraged. Inches have slowed too. I have added walking every other day. TOM is completely messed up, used to be like a clock--last month 5 days early, this month 5 days late and still waiting! PMS is OOC, and I need some help! I am also at the weight where I stall at every diet I have ever done. Please help me get past this road block!!!! I am getting desperate. How can I possibly consume less than 1000 calories a day for 14 days and see such small results when others do so well? I am sure I am not the only one that has faced this -- Any suggestions?
I must be on the same boat. OK, yesterday when I went weigh in I talked to my Coach about having the big C. I have had a BM daily but it has been so minor and feel like my bloating and C has held me back for 1 to 1/2 weeks. She suggested at stool softner and make sure I am taking the CalMag lunch and dinner. Well followed her instructions and low and behold at 5 a.m. I woke with severe burn in my stomach and the big D. It lasted about 1 hour and then calmed down to let me sleep about another hour. I have a little one so I can't sleep in ever. Well that moved the scale about 3 lbs. I wouldn't suggest it but the big C might be an issue. I'm sure some of the lbs is water but just seeing the scale for a minute has boosted my energy to get going as it will come off. Do something good for yourself and get moving I say. I look at all the tickers of everyone and that gets me going. Remember it didn't take 14 days to put the weight on so it will take time to take it off too.
You can do it just push trough it.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #12  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

FatnFunky,

YOU can do it! By what I read on here, your body will let go of the weight. Just keep on track and soon you will see it happen. I haven't seen any change by my home scale this past week. But then, I did have a slip this past weekend. I'm hoping by my WI tomorrow, I will see a move downward. I write in a journal every night and told myself in it last night that I will win this battle. It is so easy to get discouraged when we don't see a lost, but I would bet that if we stick to this plan, in the months to come, we will be thinner! One day at a time, turns into a week, and then into a month. Just think how good we will feel when we win this battle of weight lost.

On a side note, last night when I walked the dog, I carried a hand weight of 2 pounds. Pumping it in the air off and on. Too my surprise, after a mile or so, I was amazed at how heavy two pounds are. Started thinking about how I had lost over 5 of those hand weights put together. When you compare it with something like that it really makes you think.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 193.3

Height: 5"1'

Morning all! Yesterday was a rough day. I just felt really weird. This is my second week on IP and I know that they said in the first week you could feel light headed and sick to your stomach. Well thats how I felt yesterday. Any idea's for why?

Tomorrow is my second weigh in! I'm so excited. The only thing I hate about my weigh in days....I do it in the afternoon after lunch. But then again...that will get me down to the true weight I want! Does everyone wear the same clothes each week to weigh in?
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post
Morning all! Yesterday was a rough day. I just felt really weird. This is my second week on IP and I know that they said in the first week you could feel light headed and sick to your stomach. Well thats how I felt yesterday. Any idea's for why?

Tomorrow is my second weigh in! I'm so excited. The only thing I hate about my weigh in days....I do it in the afternoon after lunch. But then again...that will get me down to the true weight I want! Does everyone wear the same clothes each week to weigh in?
MereBear when you are feeling light headed etc take a 1/2 tsp of sea salt in a glass of water. I was talking to my coach yesterday and we need the extra salt to keep our electrilits in balance because we are not getting the sugar our bodies are used too.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
I must be on the same boat. OK, yesterday when I went weigh in I talked to my Coach about having the big C. I have had a BM daily but it has been so minor and feel like my bloating and C has held me back for 1 to 1/2 weeks. She suggested at stool softner and make sure I am taking the CalMag lunch and dinner. Well followed her instructions and low and behold at 5 a.m. I woke with severe burn in my stomach and the big D. It lasted about 1 hour and then calmed down to let me sleep about another hour. I have a little one so I can't sleep in ever. Well that moved the scale about 3 lbs. I wouldn't suggest it but the big C might be an issue. I'm sure some of the lbs is water but just seeing the scale for a minute has boosted my energy to get going as it will come off. Do something good for yourself and get moving I say. I look at all the tickers of everyone and that gets me going. Remember it didn't take 14 days to put the weight on so it will take time to take it off too.
You can do it just push trough it.
You can do it....I too had a bit of a slow down where I only lost 1 or 2 lbs for a few weeks, but then thinks geared up....stick to the plan --- it works!!!
Closed Thread