Old 09-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, plans, menu, exercise, stuff....week of September 20....

Here is a place you can have some accountability, put down your daily menu, exercise plans, or other things.

Feel free to join in!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Thanks for getting us started Beverlyjoy!

So, I reluctantly stepped on the scale this am and it wasn't terrible news. I am up one lb from my ticker weight. I honestly thought it would be more with my inability to exercise right now. Food choices have been "ok", but not great. What I have noticed is that even "bad" choices aren't anywhere near as "bad" as they used to be, so that's progress.

Today, I have my healthy lunch packed. We are having leftovers for dinner (and dinner was healthy, so that's easy). A few errands after work, then home to rest my knee. I will be glad to see the Dr on Wed. He will make it feel better, then I can get back to my workouts!

Have a great day everyone! Pop in and let us know how you are doing!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #3  

Hi chicks...yesterday was a healthy on plan day - I am so grateful. I give myself credit for many tasks: planning/logging/measuring/counting calories, eat seated only, lots of water, exercise/stretching, tasting food, slow eating, journalling my daily reminder tasks and more. BUT - my great sleep the night before or something prevented me from falling asleep. For four hours I did all that I knew - meditation, warm milk, chamamoile tea, quiet music and more. At 2am - I was so frustrated that I ate extra. I am so mad at myself for giving in to the food. I awoke feeling demoralized and ready to give it all up. BUT - somehow I’ve decided to get through this day - I’ve had my healthy breakfast. I’ve read some positive things online this morning to break the ‘down on myself’ feeling. I am hoping for another great day and easy sleep. I’ve had just small spurts of not sleeping in my life. But, throughout this hard time of my life - it’s been popping up and impacting me more and more.

Tonight is the annual Dancing with the Stars kickoff gathering. LOL Somehow this started years ago with my little neighbor who was interested in dance. So, we’ve always had the ‘party’ on the first night. The little girl (now in second grade) and her mom will attend. I don’t know if her older teenage sister will come any more. It may be too ‘babyish’ in her mind to participate. I hope she does. I have strawberries and whole grain pretzels. They will bring a couple of things too. I am planning and counting these things in my plan

Plan -
breakfast - turkey sausage, pnb toast, strawberries
lunch - homemade mushroom soup, cheese on rice cake
snack - apple and laughing cow swiss cheese
dinner - egg whites, toast, sliced tomatoes
snack - pretzels, strawberries, one small pizza snack
milk before bed

MJ - I am glad you are just one pound above your ticker weight. Good job on the healthy lunch. Hope your knee improves, friend!

Shout out to everyone stopping by.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-20-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Weekend out of control. Please don't make me write down the calorie amounts. Let's just say I was a good 500c over each day. But, I'm choosing to think like mj5 "What I have noticed is that even "bad" choices aren't anywhere near as "bad" as they used to be, so that's progress." However, I also consumed waaaay to much sodium, so I'm not even going to weigh myself till the end of the week.

Today is a new day. I'm moving forward! As soon as I'm finished here I'm off to swim some laps! I'm so glad to be back in the pool!

Have a great OP day chickies
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #5  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Hi! Just got done my annual physical. All my blood work and everything was good, blood pressure 118/60. Glad that's all done for another year, especially the poking and prodding down under. Got a referral to a surgeon to discuss my gallstone.

Had a bit of a higher calorie day yesterday too, but as others have said, not as bad as in years past.

Plan for today:

B - High fiber porridge, yogurt, blueberries
L - Turkey sand, plum
S - berries & yogurt
S - 100 cal pack granola bites
D - Turkey kabob, brown rice, salad
S - 1 c. 1% milk, small snack of some kind
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Good morning!!!

This weekend was HARD for me with it being my daughters birthday slumber party. I had some chips (ug) and some candy (double ug) but it was not out of control.

Today's food

B- 2 slice light rye bread with 1.5 T almond butter, small banana
L- 6 chicken wings, small salad with 2 T fat free italian
S- large apple, 1 oz mozza cheese
D- 1.5 cups sweet and sour chicken, 1 cup rice, 1 cup brocolli

have a great on plan day today!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #7  

Hi chicks...I know that food does not cure stress or pain - but, that fact does not always reveal it'self in my actions all the time. But, I won't give up.

Today:

breakfast - 1/2 banana, morningstar bacon, pnb toast

lunch - egg whites and lite cheese, toast, sliced tomato

snack - apple, cheese,

dinner - pasta with tomatos and some olives, parm cheese, garlic toast, salad with evoo/b. vinegar

snack - sf pudding, roasted green beans,

Have a great day.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #8  

Okay, last night was not pretty. I binged on bagels and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Today is a new day. I have to be out a lot, running errands, and I already have a healthy lunch and snack packed so I am not going to be tempted to eat out.

I've already eaten a healthy breakfast so that just leaves dinner. Before I leave the house I wlll come up with a healthy plan for dinner. I am thinking brown rice, chili beans and a slice of FF cheddar. Strawberries for dessert.

This would come to 1082c. If I could stick with this I could start to make up for the three days off plan. But, if not, then it gives me 368c calories to work with if I am starving at the end of the day.

JudyLynn--great news! I'm so happy for your clean bill of health!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #9  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am so glad my drs appt is tomorrow! I just have to remember, it will actually feel worse for a couple of days before it gets better, but it is SO worth it!!!!! (I will probably get an injection tomorrow, which hurts....takes a couple of days to kick in, but then I'm good for a few months)

Beverlyjoy--How was your party? I remember you talking about it last year!

ANewCreation--Awww, thanks! It's so very true though. Great job getting back in the pool! Way to plan ahead today!!!!

Judy Lynn--Congrats on getting your annual physical done!!

cfmama--a few chips and some candy won't totally take away from everything you have done. Could have been MUCH worse!

Today is my sweet Ellie-Mae beagle's bday! LOL!!!! I am going to pick up a new toy or chew bone (ok 2...can't go home with ONE item and TWO dogs!) on my way home. She is a sweetie...loves to snuggle, she follows me around in the evening until I finally sit down to relax and she promptly makes herself comfy on my lap)
Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #10  

Yesterday was a very good day. I tweaked my plan a little and I did end up having a snack before bed but at the end of the day my calorie total was: 1229!

I wasn't hungry and taking an insulated lunch bag really helped a lot. I was out most of the day and I had a nice lunch and a snack packed as well as plenty of water. I just need to remember to do this more often. I keep loads of canned chicken and tuna around so this shouldn't be a problem. I also keep frozen fruit in the freezer and that worked out very nicely too. The fruit thawed by the time I was ready to eat and also kept the chicken salad cold. Win-win

Today I turn 50! Happy Birthday to me. As my chiropractor said yesterday, '50 looks good on you.' Yeah, I think it does too

Today I'm having a birthday lunch out with my husband (he has to work this evening) and I might have a bday dinner out with my sons so I will use my smart phone app to keep on top of things. And, today I have a swim lesson so that is good in many, many ways.

Have a great OP day, chickies!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #11  
mj5

Happy bday ANewCreation!!!!! Have a great day! Today is my hubby's bday, he turns 40. I turn 40 next Wed.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #12  

Hi folks. I am checking in. I need to write down my plan and go forward. It seems I can get through the day, but am derailed in the evening. I won't give up!!!

today
breakfast - too much - but, I am planning for the rest of the day.
lunch - salad with chicken, cranberries, cheese, apples
snack -yogurt, apple
dinner - celery soup, cheese bread
snack - rice cake with pnb

Mj - the DWTS party was great fun.

I'll be back later...

Have a great day.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #13  

Just going to check in and keep myself accountable.

I skipped breakfast intentionally this morning. But, that was ok because I had an early lunch with DH. I was able to order a small soba noodle asian salad and by using app on my smartphone I was able to come up with what I thought was a reasonable calorie count. Then, because my calorie count was so low at that point I splurged (this was a planned splurge) and shared a piece of cake with DH. OMG. This was a delicious lunch and surprisingly, the portions were very small compared to regular restaurant fare. Which of course in a CC's vocabulary means that they were normal sized--lol!

At this point I have figured out that I have eaten 731 c and have 719 c left for the day. That is completely doable!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #14  

My day is over. Calorie count for the day: 1269

I ate out for both meals and stayed with in my calorie allotment. I also chose healthy foods (except for my splurge-cake). I went to my swim lesson this evening, got there 15 minutes early to warm up with some laps, and he kept us moving the entire hour! I was whipped when done

It's been a really good day!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #15  

Still hanging in there. I have my plan will carry on. Planning helps me.

Plans for today:

breakfast - morningstar bacon, pnb toast, lite cranberry juice

lunch - with mom and aunt mackie at First Watch - I'll get the Lean Machine

snack - apple and cheese

dinner - big salad topped with chicken, lite cheese, 'crutons', evoo, balsamic vinegar

snack - oatmeal, milk, rasins.

I did a bend and twist on Tuesday and have some lower back pain. So I'll do what I need to do get that taken care of.

Anewcreation - good for you on your good day with going out and a planned treat! Happy Birthday.

Shout out to cfmama and judylyn and anyone who stops by.

Have a good day folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-23-2010 at 08:44 AM.