Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Fiber one bars= Flatulance (tmi)

I ate 2 fiber one bars in the past 24 hrs as a snack and i cant seem to stop farting. Im sorry for the info hahahha but i want to make sure that its normal. Im positive its from them because i just started eating them and my diet from day to day is very similar everyday. There so good, but im at work and my lower stomach is rumbling from gas.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

A lot of the fiber in Fiber One bars comes from chicory root. Chicory is a common herb/weed, you can eat the young leaves as salad (it's related to endive and radiccio) and the root is used for traditional medicine and also is coffee flavoring used a lot in the South. Some people get that reaction from chicory root, especially in large quantities. If you really like the bars you might have to work up from a smaller amount, like half a bar at a time, until your digestion adapts.

Apparently a lot of people have the same issues. If you google "Fiber one bars fart" you will find some very funny web pages. I don't think I've ever noticed that trouble but I don't think I have them more than once a week.

Last edited by bronzeager; 09-22-2010 at 03:05 PM.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #3  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Yep. Absolutely normal... thats the purpose of fiber-- to, erm, keep you moving!

parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

haha thanks ladies. Just making sure. they are pretty yummy but im going to only eat them once a day at the most
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #5  

Height: 5'0"

I had to stop eating them because of that. It also happened to my Mom and Aunt when we were eating them. Even just one a day gives me gross gas. If they just got me moving that would be one thing but the gas was something I didn't want to deal with!
leannerenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #6  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Haha.. NORMAL. They don't really affect me like they used to. The Fiber One product that about killed me (and I'm not allowed to eat anymore when my DH is home) are the blueberry muffins. You can buy them in the frozen food section.. they are AWESOME. But the gas is KILLER!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote