Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 06:33 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/22/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Yesterday's thread at approx. 10 p.m. EDT

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #2  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all!

I have decided to try and cycle indoors starting today. Up until June of this year I was running 3 days a week 3+ miles a day and cycling 3 days a week 36+ miles a week. Then while running I was hit by a car. I haven't been able to cycle or run since without a major amount of pain. But today I am going to hop on the cycle and see if I can go very, very, very slow and not be in pain for the next two weeks.

This is the big reason I started IP. I gained 12lbs and I knew I wouldn't stop gaining. While visiting "Doc" for my back I noticed everyone in the office was loosing weight. I was like I want that! He hooked me up and I am just over 25lbs lighter then I was 7 weeks ago.

Just think if I wasn't hit by the car I would have not found any of you. How lucky am I!

Last edited by paygirl; 09-22-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #3  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

from Tuesday's thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
My surest measure was always my energy/hunger level. If you are not hungry (or only hungry as you approach meal times, or only a faint hunger from time to time) you are definitely in ketosis. You could not be living on 800-900 calories a day and not feel STARVING if your body were not accessing fat stores to live on. In my case (the 2 times I got kicked out of ketosis) I was STARVING and very weak for about 6-8 hours until it kicked back in.
Thanks, RockyMonarch. That is helpful. Any hunger I have had has been as you describe. I have my first WI tonight and will double check that any loss is fat loss vs muscle loss. I'm a bit worried that my biking commute might have kept me out of ketosis. It is a flat route and I don't think my heart rate gets very high at all. I should take my pulse. I wear a BodyMedia armband (like a Body Bugg) and it records a lot of things, but not heart rate per se.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
Just think if I wasn't hit by the car I would have not found any of you. How lucky am I!
Who would ever say "how lucky I was to be hit by a car", but one never knows! Really appreciate your super attitude! Also, paygirl, your progress inspires!

^^^^^^^^^

I just spent awhile reading the rest of Tuesday's thread. There is SO much wit and wisdom here. You all are the best, for real.

My coach, at my first meeting, said to eat within one hour of waking and to then eat every 4.5 hours. This has been a little tough, but I am getting into a new routine. Is this a "rule" that the rest of you have heard from your coach?

I've been up for an hour, so better get my yummy wildberry yogurt I mix up the night before so it is ready to go. Talk to y'all later with my results!

check out my ticker (finally!) Hope to see that cat get moving.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #4  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good IP morning! Had a good weigh in yesterday (down 2.2 lbs) and had my coach take measurements. In just 2 weeks, I was down more inches all over. That is motivating!

I went shopping yesterday and it was pretty amazing... I never once stepped into the Plus Size area!! It felt very strange, like I really needed to go check things out over there. On my way to the store I was preparing myself for some negative thoughts (usually I leave a store feeling awful about myself) but I was actually shocked and then really proud of myself and my hard work.

I am just starting my 7th week on IP and for those just starting, it took me an entire month to not hate this diet. I felt awful for the first 2 weeks (serious detoxing going on I think) and then the next two weeks I was like a little kid mad that I couldn't do this or that. The last two weeks, I've 'grown' up and my body and mind feels 110% better than it has in years!

Just wanted to share! Have a great day!!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #5  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning all.

Thankyou Rocky Monarch that was a great way to put it about ketosis.

Adcocatemom: You are right about that one as far as feeling like a little kid not having things. Great job!!

Well today is gloomy so off to drink something...........
Old 09-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning IP friends!! I hope everyone woke up to a beautiful day!! I read yesterdays posts late last night as I have company and couldn't get on much yesterday. Wow a lot going on. Igor needs to leave Canada, wow those pictures looked bad. I am praying for everyones safety!

As for IP bootcamp. I go in for my 12th week weigh in today and I have never even been offered the bars or any other restricted food. I have had a cup of green beans twice and tomato a couple times but otherwise have totally stayed in phase 1 which is boot camp. I have lost about 31 pounds and hope to be down more tomorrow. I think the restricted items really slow you down. I thought that you were supposed to stay in phase 1 until you lost 90 percent of you weight. Seems like everywhere you go or even whatever coach you talk to is a little different. I feel the closer we stay to the Dr.'s original diet the quicker we will lose and the better we will feel.

Getting all supplements and all IP food, veggies and oil are crucial on this program if you want to lose fast and easy.

I am going into phase 2 this next week and hope to see my last pounds go quickly a lot of people have a big loss when moving to this phase. I go on vacation in about 4 weeks so I want to be on phase 3 by Oct. 20th. Hope I make it.

Good Job to all great losses yesterday!!jig:

I hope everyone has a wonderful successful day!!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #7  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to everyone!

Woke up this morning and I am feeling so much better after I've been back on track with IP since Sunday morning. The past weekend I slipped a little at a wedding. Still a slip regardless of size. I can tell that things are now working again towards my weight loss. Feeling thinner and hoping for a loss when I weigh in this Friday. Even if it is a small one.

I'm planning ahead for this winter. My DH and I are headed south to the condo to escape the cold weather of Iowa and now I'm worried about what to do about my weekly weighins. Does any one know of an IP location in the Phoenix area? I am sure there is one. Is it ok to go to different clinics while away from home? I could always take along lots of IP packages and weigh myself, but there is just something about weighing in that keeps me motivated. Advice please
Old 09-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Heading to Arizona for winter...any clinics in Phoenix or Yuma??

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

Woke up this morning and I am feeling so much better after I've been back on track with IP since Sunday morning. The past weekend I slipped a little at a wedding. Still a slip regardless of size. I can tell that things are now working again towards my weight loss. Feeling thinner and hoping for a loss when I weigh in this Friday. Even if it is a small one.

I'm planning ahead for this winter. My DH and I are headed south to the condo to escape the cold weather of Iowa and now I'm worried about what to do about my weekly weighins. Does any one know of an IP location in the Phoenix area? I am sure there is one. Is it ok to go to different clinics while away from home? I could always take along lots of IP packages and weigh myself, but there is just something about weighing in that keeps me motivated. Advice please
My DH & I also head down south (Yuma, AZ) for the winter months and I was wondering what I was going to do....buy enough IP stuff to last 3/4 months?? If anyone knows of a clinic in the Yuma area that would be great and I was also wondering if it is OK to go to another clinic to WI.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #9  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I have a question for everyone... usually my typical eating plan for the day is : 1 shake for breakfast, 1 shake for lunch, 2 cups veges, 5 oz. protein for dinner with 2 more cups veges.. but I always get really hungry between lunch and dinner I feel like (I hate the vegies i'm eating so I think this may be playing tricks on my mind) so yesterday I had a shake for breakfast and then half my dinner protein for lunch with 2 cups veggies and then 5 more oz. of protein for dinner with 2 more cups for dinner instead of my other shake just to see what would happen. I'm a daily weigher and noticed this morning that I had lost 2 lbs. over night where as this week I've only been averaging .5 to 1 lb a day since completely restarting IP on Sunday. Do you think this was a coincidence? I'd much rather have more meaty protein a day than a shake. IP food gets so expensive!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

Good job getting back on track!! I did the same thing coming back from a quick vacation and it took me about 4 days to feel good again! It wasn't fun. We have a house in Phoenix and I was told when I started here that if I ran out of packets I could get some there. A couch from my clinic would call one down there. I don't know about the weighing thing weekly though. I would just ask your coach.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #11  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Good Morning everyone!

Rachel I don't know the right answer... but I find that if I have an IP packet in the middle of the afternoon I do better. I've never been much of an evening eater, so I tend to forget to have the third packet after dinner. Carla probably has a better answer about doing meat instead of IP... my guess would be extra calories.

So as of this morning I'm down 21.4 lbs! I never thought I'd lose 20 lbs before I'd get a ticker.... I've still got the devil sitting on my shoulder whispering that the plan will soon let me down, but success has a way of shutting him up!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #12  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I have a question for everyone... usually my typical eating plan for the day is : 1 shake for breakfast, 1 shake for lunch, 2 cups veges, 5 oz. protein for dinner with 2 more cups veges.. but I always get really hungry between lunch and dinner I feel like (I hate the vegies i'm eating so I think this may be playing tricks on my mind) so yesterday I had a shake for breakfast and then half my dinner protein for lunch with 2 cups veggies and then 5 more oz. of protein for dinner with 2 more cups for dinner instead of my other shake just to see what would happen. I'm a daily weigher and noticed this morning that I had lost 2 lbs. over night where as this week I've only been averaging .5 to 1 lb a day since completely restarting IP on Sunday. Do you think this was a coincidence? I'd much rather have more meaty protein a day than a shake. IP food gets so expensive!
I think as long as you eat what you are supposed to it doesn't matter in what order. As a trainer what I would tell my clients was to eat a little bit every 3 to 4 hours as that helps speed up your metabolism. Protein in every one of those meals is also important... so see what works for you
Old 09-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Good morning all!

Day 9 here for me. Yesterday I got called into work ( work as a casual) and I had to work a 12 hour shift. It was very busy and trying to get all the food in was a challenge, but I did not go hungry. I went to the Cafeteria at lunch and had a chef salad minus the NO's and adding the YES's. Did well. Was able to pack the rest of my food quite quickly by just making sure I had my vitamins, packets and shaker.

My scales today say I have made it out of the 180's..just barely, but I am happy to take it

About eating food out of order, my coach said to eat the food at the times the plan said. I try to but some days it is difficult to because of being out at a restaurant and stuff, but I try to get all the stuff in that they say.

Have a great day all.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Week 12 weigh in this morning... I was feeling like it wouldn't be a great week, more precisely like I'd be happy to lose anything, because I've been having some major dental work done at it is just stressing out my body but I did lose 2.3 pounds which is nothing to be upset about.

When I crunched my numbers it means I have lost 41.4 pounds in 12 weeks and 26.25 inches. I have reduced my percent body fat by 3.7% and my BMI has dropped from 43.4 to 37! Oh and there is those 3 pant sizes that I've dropped!

I'd really like to see some faster results so I'm going to switch to just the unrestricted packets except for those evenings when I'm out dancing. My doc and I both feel that I need just a little extra those times. I'm also back to using my elliptical again now that I'm out of that stupid cast. Slow and steady!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good morning all!

Avalyn -- I am so happy to hear your family is safe... my heart goes out to the family of the man who was lost..

To everyone else -- have a wonderful day! I am avoiding my home scale right now as it is TOM for me and I feel so bloated and ewwie! I just don't want to jump on it and it says I ve gained....

Well I go back to work on Monday --icky icky poo poo... however, my youngest is now almost 2 1/2 and I have been so fortunate to have so much quality time with him as he is the last or 5!

Hopefully staying on track at work will be okay... with all the yummy goodies around, however, I ll be packing my IP packets!

Talk soon,
Candace
Closed Thread