Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Default I'm bringing sexy back!

I hope this isn't too awkward but I thought this would be a good place for us to share

I am over halfway there in my weight loss journey and well, let's be honest. When I've got clothes on, I am looking good But, when I get out of the shower there is just a lot of hanging skin, cellulite, and the same old stretch marks form 3 pregnancy's not to mention the surgery scare from the hysterectomy.

So part of me thinks, well in time things will firm up (and to be honest it already has to a certain degree) but with the stretch marks and scar it just isn't ever going to be as pretty as I'd like. Maybe someday I'll look into a tummy tuck but till then I've been working on strategies for feeling better in the bedroom with my hubby. Let me be clear--this is about and for me, not him. But, he certainly is reaping the benefits!

As I've pondered this strategy I started noticing that when you see love scenes on tv or in the movies, the actresses often are wearing bras under their sexy lingerie--well, I can do that too! And, in the process of trying to find some better fitting panties, I discovered boy shorts. They cover the tummy area that concerns me and yet they show a little cheek so my hubby finds that sexy.

I find that by finding the right combination of sexy undergarments I am a little more comfortable in the bedroom. Of course, this is really just for me, but I have to say my hubby isn't complaining either. I think the confidence I feel is just as sexy to him as the get up!

What are you doing to bring sexy back? I bet we could all learn something from each other!

ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #2  
Happy New Rear!

S/C/G: 240/218.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Great post!

I hear ya on the pregnancy stretch marks and scar (mine from 4 c sections!). I thought my hanging skin would be worse, but I think it might shrink up to where I can tolerate it!

Just with the 16 lbs I have lost, my hubby is WAY more interested, because like you I have been wearing my extra sexy push ups under my nighties and I also love the boy shorts for the same reason!

Also I really am looking forward to when I can fit into his shirts. Because I have this mental picture of me greeting him in a nice set of panties/bra under one of his white long sleeve oxfords!

Now that I am giving it more thought, "bringing sexy back" just might be my mantra on the treadmill this week!

Woo hoo!
Lnoelparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I wear boy shorts as well (fringed with lace) and BLACK lingerie. I do wear a bra under sexy nighties too. I also NEVER wear holy stained yucky old nightwear
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Lnoelparis, I love the oxford shirt, sexy underwear idea and I may just try it myself, when I reach goal

cfmama, I am like you--I always wear something nice to bed. As a matter of fact, I just threw away my favorite summer nightie because it was all worn out looking. Broke my heart, but I won't wear something that looks yucky to bed. And, I have the same rule when I leave the house. I don't wear yucky clothes -- PERIOD-- unless I'm working in the garden or painting.

Always have, always will, strive to look my best at all times
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I bought perfume that we both love. Its amazing how something so simple works so well.

I'm also a huge fan of wearing anything sheer. That way, I can be wearing more clothing in general, but it is more alluring.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #6  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

I actually bought a black lace nighty with G-strings not had anything like that I know in 15 years.
I thought hubby was going to have a heart attact. He said it feels like he cheating on me with me LOL!!!! He said I have a totally new body. He never leaves me alone now.
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #7  
Happy New Rear!

S/C/G: 240/218.6/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terre View Post
I actually bought a black lace nighty with G-strings not had anything like that I know in 15 years.
I thought hubby was going to have a heart attact. He said it feels like he cheating on me with me LOL!!!! He said I have a totally new body. He never leaves me alone now.

Hubba, Hubba! Way to go Terre!
Lnoelparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I wish I could wear boy shorts, but they look naaaaasty on me. Just the wrong body type, I think. I like the bikinis with just the elastic at the sides (tangas maybe??).

I have to say that I'm more one for utility underwear and my favourite nightie is nas-tacular. When I get to my goal weight I'll splurge at La Senza, but for now I'm all about nekkid. That's what my husband likes (or when I wear just a tank top to bed)
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I need a man, lol. It's getting hot in here, whoo!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

@ ChissyBean - I have them, but I only take progress pics in them. I have no ***, so they don't stay up, and I dont' really like fishing around in my pants all day trying to convince the darn things to do something other than sag around my legs. LOL

I'm with you on the undie type. That's about the only type that stays where it's supposed to. DARN MY flat rump and huge stomach!
tsuninight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

@ChrissyBean: those are called string bikinis.

Tangas are more like a cross between a boy-short and a thong. More booty cheek than a boy-short, but not the full butt like a thong.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

I think boyshorts are strange. If you don't have ENOUGH butt they fall down, but if you're like me and have too much butt, they roll up on your cheeks.

I think once I get my butt under control a little more I'll be able to wear them better.

No matter how small or big I am, my go-to PJs are undies and a tank top. And I usually lose the tank-top during the summer. LOL
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Ah, yes, string bikinis it is, then!

@DaughterofVenus, I'm the opposite. I can sleep with my bum bare, but not my top. Can't have the girls flopping around! LOL

And all this being said, my DH gave me a $100 La Senza card yesterday for my birthday. Guess I'll be getting some nice stuff sooner than I'd planned!
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote