Old 09-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/206.8/176

Height: 5'10

Default What is Meta-Quick???

Hello everyone!

I am new to the club and I have noticed that many of you have mentioned a Meta-Quick plan. Do you mind sharing with me the menu and is it designed to jump start weight loss or it is just a regular meal plan? I apologize for the stupid questions, but I am really curious...
GoalDec20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Metaquick is restrictive, but easy and tasty -- it's a shake or bar for breakfast and a shake or bar for lunch (so if you did a bar at breakfast, do a shake at lunch) (plus your HNS as usual) and then, the typical dinner -- 4 oz protein, vegetable (4 oz cooked or 8 oz raw) and your starch. Can do this 7 days out of the month -- all together or in segments. Drink 65 oz+ water as usual. It sort of jump starts your system back and the center recommends it when you hit a plateau. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 09-21-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #3  

Joy2MeNu, thank you!

I was a member of MRC last year but since then my membership has expired. I buy my HSNs from the web and still have my menu. So far I am doing great, losing 3lbs a week or more. Do you mind telling me if there is a webiste out there where I can purchase the shakes and protein bars from?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #4  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

go to dietdirect dot com and get the bariwise shakes. I like putting a little strawberry extract and splenda in the vanilla one for a change! if you blend them with ice and water they almost come out like a pudding. I am doing this right now and I am SO full after eating the shakes PLUS the HNS. The shakes alone have 35g protien, then the 15 from an HNS. Keeps you full!
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/163/149

Height: 5'5

A lot of us by supplies from dietdirect.com. The HNS drinks and bars were on sale last week. New sales start every Monday. Also, many of us use the EAS carb advantage shakes. 1 would replace a creamy, and 2 would be a meal replacement. I have been using these with metaquick this week and have lost 3 pounds so far. It is cheaper to buy them in bulk at Sams club, but at walmart they are about $5 for 4.
bbygrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #6  

Thank you all for the helpful information!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #7  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

I just got my order of BARIWISE bars -- since they were on sale last week.
They are so good -- I believe they are better than MRC bars.
I like 'em all though!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #8  

I would definitely try Meta-Quick, but only when I experience a weight loss stall. Drinking shakes or eating bars 2 meals a day does not look very appealing or healthy, or maybe I am wrong. So far I have been doing great with my weight loss, but this is just the beginning. Keep it up ladies, you are all doing more than great!

Last edited by GoalDec20; 09-23-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #9  

Joy2MeNu,

You are such an inspiration to me! How long did it take you to reach your current weight?
Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalDec20 View Post
Joy2MeNu,

You are such an inspiration to me! How long did it take you to reach your current weight?
Well GoalDec20, it is like this. I haven't moved down since this past spring, but am gearing up to hit it full force beginning next week and beginning a new round of preconditioning now. Have actually picked up just a few pounds, but not so that I have had to get out of my "skinner" clothes.

So, when I began in Aug 09, I was wearing size 22-24 pants and xxxlg shirts and by Jan 10 to now I pretty much live in my size 12 gap long and lean jeans and a med-large shirt. So the change was pretty fast. Love my long and lean jeans -- just love them! Very flattering too!

So, it seems I was just apparently comfortable with my progress and have taken a long break, but I think that will lend to some quick weight loss again, so that by next summer I can be in a size 8, I hope!! I am turning 58 this year, so a size 8 sounds pretty good to me.

Also, I exercised from the beginning, so I have always been able to carry more weight than apparently I appear. I still have people tell me, "but you look great, you're not trying to lose any more are you?" And I still wanna lose 50 more pounds -- just to get me to around 140! So I believe the exercise helped me build muscle, thus why I look smaller than I really am. I began walking about 20 minutes a day and eventually found myself out walking 1-2 hours at a time (4-5 miles). It was empowering & exhilarating! I felt like I had shed 25 years of my age!

So, this plan is excellent (began on beige, then to green) -- you follow it and just watch for the transformation. Make sure you take your measurements cause they can gauge your progress better than any scale!

All the best! It is fun to take back control and see what happens!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #11  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
I would definitely try Meta-Quick, but only when I experience a weight loss stall. Drinking shakes or eating bars at 2 meals does not look very appealing or healthy, or maybe I am wrong. So far I have been doing great with my weight loss, but this is just the beginning. Keep it up ladies, you are all doing more than great!
Yes, I thought the same thing about this GoalD, but in the 7 days per month you are allowed to be on this plan, you can break it out, so maybe you choose to do it in two (or 3 or 4) segments -- just for instance, choose to do it for 4 days, back to normal schedule for a long weekend, and then go back for 3 more days of MetaQuick.

You can divide it up any way you like, just no more than 7 days in a month! If you are extra busy and don't have time for some meal preps, it can free up the schedule a bit too and totally stay on plan! So it is nice to fall back on!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

I'm on my 3rd day of metaquick right now. I love it! the drinks are yum!
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #13  

Joy2MeNu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain your weight loss journey.

Last year, when I started the program, I dropped over 35 lbs in less than 2 months. Unfortunately, I gained almost all if it back. I started the program again August 20th, 2010 and this time, I am feeling a lot more comfortable and confident I can lose double the previous weight and keep it off. I really hate white chicken meat, so discovering ground bison in the local Whole Foods has made all the difference.

You have done so great for yourself and I admire the fact that you are trying to help other people on the same journey in this forum. I am sure you will reach your goal very quickly, but believe me, what you have done so far is more than amazing!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #14  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
Joy2MeNu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain your weight loss journey.

Last year, when I started the program, I dropped over 35 lbs in less than 2 months. Unfortunately, I gained almost all if it back. I started the program again August 20th, 2010 and this time, I am feeling a lot more comfortable and confident I can lose double the previous weight and keep it off. I really hate white chicken meat, so discovering ground bison in the local Whole Foods has made all the difference.

You have done so great for yourself and I admire the fact that you are trying to help other people on the same journey in this forum. I am sure you will reach your goal very quickly, but believe me, what you have done so far is more than amazing!

Thanks GoalD. You are so very kind. Happy to help. I wouldn't have anything to say if I didn't really see how well this plan can work, so trust is everything. So glad you are back on board and I know you also will see the results you yearn for. ALL THE BEST! --Joy2MeNu
Old 09-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #15  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Hey GoalD --

Fish (salmon, tuna -- AND NOT FARM RAISED) are also especially good to promote your weight loss, so don't forget them, or you will eventually become tired of the buffalo too!