Old 09-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W Halloween Challenge Week 3

Good Morning everyone. Week 3 is here!!!

I didn't do a great job last week at keeping my goal of working out everyday. But My dang recovery comes first. Today I am planning a nice workout, I am going to test my body to see if running is a good option. If not I will pop on the elliptical. Then I will hit the steam room for about 20. I am loving the steam room!

This week (depending on my arm) I am going to get in at least 5 workouts.

The scale is still hanging at that 5 pound loss so the cortizone isn't making me gain.

W 80 oz
E 30 minutes cardio
E 1500 cals
D finish up with my organizing. write out meals for the next two weeks and match them to what I have availble in my house.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Quick popin to post my workout went well. I did a light jog for 35 minutes and ended up feeling great. Then the steam room but only for 15 minutes. Water is going in steady.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies -

Vacation was nice - and too short as always. Had a nice time with an extra day off work today to get the house together and spend some time with Dan. He's off to NC tonight until friday for work so I'm flying solo this week. We talked over vacation and decided that we're officially going to start trying for #3 - I'm excited and nervous at the same time. 3 kids in full-time daycare is no small bill and we'll definitely be very very tight but it'll be worth it to get the baby years done with.

Weighed in at 165 this morning, not as bad as I thought it would be. Hi and welcome to all that have joined since I checked in last and a big hi to all my girls! I'll try and catch up on the posts soon.

W - 64+
E - P90X
E - On Plan
D - finish organizing the basement, get the recycling out and read a chapter or two from my book
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

Hi ladies

Had an "off-plan" meal with my honey last night, and I was Thanksgiving full after. It was PAIN. I usually don't do that, I'm not sure what it was about, but I'm journaling when I get home later to see if I can figure it out.

Also, I just found out I have a wedding to go to in Nov! I went to my friend's wedding back in May, and everyone was all excited about how great I looked (had lost 20lbs). A lot of the same ppl are going to this wedding, and I want to be at or within 5 pounds of GOAL!!! It might be unattainable goal because I only have 7.5 weeks to lose 15-20lbs, but at least I have a tangible deadline and maybe that will provide some motivation. Last time I got in shape for a wedding, I quickly got out of shape right after the wedding! Not happening this time!! wish me luck

W: 2 gallons
E: Hour cardio + circuit training, stretching for the back
E: 1500cals
D: Plan meals and journal to figure out last night's painful indulgence. Post here more
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Yay Emily for baby #3!

I am so frustrated and I don't know what to do. My nephew hates school, which is so sad. So it is an ordeal to get him to do his homework. On my days off I have him after school. Our rule is snack, then homework. When the kids are at my sisters she refuses to help with homework. She thinks that I am trying to raise overacheivers. I usually counter that statement with the fact that I want my kids to acheive. I hate to do it but I think Makenna is going to have to go to daycare afterschool just so she can get her homework done.

Sorry about the rant I just spent over an hour trying to help him/get him to do his homework which should have been done in 10 minutes.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #6  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Okay...Oh my goodness. Where has the time gone. I have been so busy with school starting and dealing with home issues. Can't believe it's been this long. Well, I am still holding around 175, still working out almost everyday and working. Trying to get into a routine that works right now. Haven't found it yet. My ex will not be going to NC, but he did get his old job back today. He will be getting more $$ than unemployment. That's good!!

I really need to move forward in my life and I feel stuck...in so many ways. Hold on gang ..it could get bumpy. I am going to try to be more consistent with posting, gonna gt back to a good schedule and hoepfully some new beginings are coming my way. We shall see.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #7  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Jeni - at least the cortisone is working and allowing you to do your work-outs, and isn't making you gain; that must be a relief (it was for me when steroids didn't make me gain during chemo)

Emily - expanding the family, that's so exciting!

Shasha - you may not lose all of it, but then again you might surprise yourself - go for it!

Jeni - hang in there! I think homework discussions are probably some of the most difficult around!

mtiger - I'm sure new beginnings are coming your way - that's just the way life works! Meanwhile, keep us in the loop!

Well, I was right -- spent most of the day on the phone with medical team, and trying to eat right. Good news is that they've told me I can push through the edema and keep on exercising!
W-64 oz - yep, this was fine
E - exercise - um, a teeny tiny bit
E - follow menu - yep! and Yum!
D - Declutering! and 15-min zone - nope, not today

Last edited by SeaWave; 09-20-2010 at 10:18 PM.
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:25 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Hi guys.

Working today. I found out last night that DH's grandma is watching the kids before and after school on days I work It will work for now, I just hope it keeps on working.

W 80 oz
E find something to do, no time tonight for gym
E 1400 cals
D have a good day.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Jeni, my MIL used to watch mine. After some rough spots, she got that my kids were to be raised my way. She loved them and me enough to respect that. Stick to what's important and give in graciously if there is something else you can compromise on, but not the kids!

Emily, congrats on working for #3.

Mindy, missed you!

Sea, glad you got the go ahead!

Me. ugg, tom has moved me up almost 3 #, PO'd about that, but if I stick with it, should leave the same way it came!

W 100
E Running after work, had to skip this am. Old dog is diabetic, has to eat all his food to work with his shot, can't leave him for the day til he does, so missed the gym this am. Will hula hoop while I watch the Yankees tonight to make it up
E OP
D God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. author unknown That's dreams ladies, not jeans! Mavis!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies,

Whoops -- Yesterday I posted in the previous week's post. Sorry about that!

Shasha: that wedding is such a great thing to work towards! I'm sure that you will surprise yourself with the killer progress that you'll be able to make in that time.

Emily: congrats on the decision to grow your family even more. So exciting.

Yesterday was my best day so far, especially exercise-wise. And when I hit the gym hard, everything else seems to fall into place.
W: 85 oz (Goal = 64)
E: 600 burned (Goal = 500+)
E: -500 calorie deficit (Goal = -400-600)
D: ehh. Had two extra snacks -- one in the afternoon and one at 10 PM b/c I ate dinner at 5:30. Still gotta work on this one!
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

emiloots, yay how exciting!! a new baby

mtiger, new beginnings are what it's all about. that's the only way we learn, grow, and change for the better. it's only up from here my friend.

jcatron, how very frustrating about your sister. i never really understand why people are intimidated by excellence. must be a huge relief that you have someone else to watch the kiddos!

seawave, good news there, glad you're cleared to exercise!

mothermavis, i hate TOM! i always go up a little anywhere from 1-2 weeks beforehand. so frustrating. good news is, you know it's just bloat... i know, i know, that's not much of a relief. sorry!

springirl, congrats on the great workout and the good day yesterday. I hope to take a cue from ya today!

Thanks for the support everyone yesterday was productive, i did my work out, and made sure to move my body any extra amount that I could. Because of my back injury, i don't work. my back has progressed to where I could work, but my honey wants me to get completely healed before going back. Lovely man. i typically workout and then spend a lot of time resting, but yesterday i stayed on my feet much more than usual, no doubt burning extra calories. My back was pretty tired last night, and pretty sore today, but not unbearably so. It's encouraging, and I hope to stand/walk as much as possible today too!

Hope to stretch a lot today to limber up for acting class tonight.

W: 2 gallons (only got 1.5 yesterday, going to push for the full 2 today)
E: hour cardio/circuit training + stretching for the back
E: 1500cals
D: I am wonderfully talented! I will accomplish my goal! I will accomplish my goal! I will accomplish my goal!!

have a good day all
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Shasha: you should listen to your honey! Healing is so important. Great job staying on plan yesterday -- you did fantastic!
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #13  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hello Ladies!!

Mothermavis--HOOLA HOOPING!!! That is awesome!! The last time I tried to hoola hoop , it just bounced off my hips and @$$ before falling pitifully to the ground.

Emiloots - congratz! I love babies so so much.

JC - good work with the jogging!! still rooting for you for the PT

springgirl - you are gonna WOW them at the wedding good for you!!

shasha - you are blessed to have such a supportive husband. How on earth do you find time to drink 2 gallons of water??? I am doing good to hit my 64 oz.

W- dragged myself out of bed at 1:00 pm, slept until then so am just getting started - but water was the first ting i reached for so that is super goal for me!!
E- rest day - may do some walking but probably not - extremely heavy TOM - had to call in sick to work
E - right on plan with my 1500 cal
D - just surviving today
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies -

Starving today! Probably cause all I've had is a PB&J at lunch and a latte - going to try and get in a healthy dinner with the kids tonight. Thanks for all the baby encouragement, can't wait!

Jeni - hopefully the arrangement with your MIL will alleviate some of the problems with your sister. It's hard to assert your wishes about your children to family - so much easier to do it with people who are unrelated!

Mindy - we're here for you!

Seawave - glad you can work through your edema

Mavis - that 3# will be gone in no time, I always gain a lose a lot right around TOM

Spin - good job hitting the gym hard!

Shasha - acting class sounds like fun, have a great time

Will's - hopefully your TOM eases up a little and lets you function, just curl up on the couch and take care of yourself today!

W - 64+
E - walking with the boys tonight or P90X
E - <1400 cals
D - work on decluttering some more (cleared out the basement on Monday, it felt soooo good!)
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #15  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Real quick post here..squeezing it in during BL. Love this show. I have been mad the last few days because I keep gaining. Checked the calendar and TOM is coming around Friday...hopefully. It kind of has a mind of it's own these days...pre-menopause.

Hopefully I can check in better later in the week. I am getting hit wiht after work meetings and tons of errand etc. Yikes!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote