Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 09:53 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#298

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!!!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I just went back and looked at all the old threads and realized that my first post was thread #198, a whole 100 threads ago. Wow time flies. Now if I had only stuck to the program. Oh well today's a new day. It is gorgeous outside. Who would've thought that 40 degrees could be warm. I walked to pick my son up from school today. Got out the double stroller and went on my way. It is about 15 min each way so I got a nice brisk 30 minute walk in. It's a start. I decided that I'm going to get up a little earlier each morning and do WATP 1 mile tape. then, as long as weather permits, I will walk to pick my son up from school leaving a little early so I can have a longer walk. Then later on in the afternoon, I will do another WATP tape if I feel like it. I'm going to concentrate on exercise and water for now and not stress about food. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to pig out. I'm still going to try and make sensible choices. However, I'm not going to deprive myself either. I'll see what happens with that, and then modify accordingly. I don't want to get to thread #398 and still be saying I wish I stayed with the program. Ok so I made a decent post. Where is everyone else.? Thin- you started this thread, but didn't post. Everyone's posts get me going and motivated. I need you guys!
Steph
Old 03-13-2003, 02:12 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Ok, I'm here, but I am totally ticked. I just worked on a post for the last 45 minutes here at work and before I post, I always "copy" it, in case something weird happens. Well, I hightlighted the post and then instead of hitting copy, I hit "paste" and it pasted that last thing I had copied, which was a website address and I lost the whole frappin thing. I don't have the time nor the energy to post all my ramblings again and maybe that's a good thing.

Long story short, I ate an entire bag of yogurt raisins yesterday.

I did, however do my WATP 3 mile.

I am very unhappy with my food lately and I'll be back later.

I love you guys.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Gang,

Just wanted to let you all know that I can't seem to manage to keep up with two threads anymore and the other one I post in is a lot less busy so easier for me to keep current in. So at least for a while I'm going to leave you all. I'll continue to post in the WW 100 Group "In It For The Long Run" thread. Stop in and visit us.

Love you all ... You've been such a great help (and JOY) to me. I'll try to pop in once in awhile and I WON'T forget any of you! {{{hugs}}}

j-ann
Old 03-13-2003, 02:47 PM   #5  

Tina- that sucks that you lost your big long post. I was hoping to have a lot more posts to read. J-Ann- sorry to hear that you won't be sticking around. Do pop in once and awhile and let us know how you are doing. Ok- where is everyone else? How's this for cute. I said a little while ago that I was going to exercise, but instead I am on the computer. My 5 year old son just comes to me and says " You're done exercising?" I said no I haven't exercised yet. And he says " Why, you're supposed to" Then he proceeds to bring me my tape and weighted balls. How's that for motivation. Guess I better go get it done. I hope there are some posts when I get back.
Steph
Old 03-13-2003, 03:39 PM   #6  

OMG~~~>Look at all the posts I had to read.....I'm on

Today is WI Thursday and the scales say -2lbs. I was bummed and wanted more, but I will take the 2 and run!!!! I know I have done all I can do. Anyway that makes -18 lbs....hurray for that. Thats 3~~~5lb bags of potatoes and ummmmmmm 12sticks of margarine......hurray

Tina, sorry you lost your post. I hate that 1 wrong click of a finger and all your hard work is gone {{poof}}. Don't kick yourself about the yougart raisens.....you did the exercise!!! One of my favorite things is those yougart covered pretzels.

Steph, I've been there and still am about the people posting. I am so addicted to this thread. I post to 3 I think, maybe 4? Anyway, no offense to any others but I have come to think of this one as my home. All the ladies here (yes, I used the word ladies, so you know I mean I love you all) they are so great and supportive. They will cheer you on, they will applaud you when deserved, they will cry with you if needed, and they will kick you in the behind if you need it too. Most of all you can always count on a great big . Oh yeah, did I forget to mention I love the little smiley guys too....

j-ann, sorry to see you leave us. Please come back and post when you get a chance.

Thin, posting that there is a new thread to go to does not count as a post!!! Just kidding, I know you will post when you get a chance. Hope you are feeling better

Michelle, where are you? Hope you and Andrew are both on the mend from that nasty cold.

Hugs to everyone, and sorry if I did not respond to you personally, but I did not have much to work with.....LOL

{{{HUGS}}}}{{{{{ }}}}}
Sandy
Old 03-13-2003, 04:00 PM   #7  

Well here I am, back again. Thanks for giving me something to read Sandy and congrats on the 2 lbs. Well I did WATP 1 mile and it felt good. So all in all, I took a nice brisk 30 minute walk outside, the 1 mile tape, and 5 loads of laundry. I still have 2 more to go. Up and down those steps is some good exercise too so I did pretty good today. I'm also on my 4th bottle of water. Now I just need to keep this up and I'll be good to go. I have to work tonight so I probably won't be back on til morning, so the rest of you better post tonight so I have something to read tomorrow. Bye for now.
Steph
Old 03-13-2003, 04:21 PM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Okay Sandy... I will post for you.
But I don't want to. (insert pouty face)

I am in a weird mood. I am also coming down with a spring cold.
I was just bragging last night how I haven't been sick in years.
I do not like being sick.

My food is great. I don't want to weigh because I don't want to be disappointed. If I don't lose when I think I should it just frustrates me... so I don't weigh. LOL

I think some people ... not mentioning names (sandy ) ... expects too much. 2 lbs is AWESOME and the best way to go. Don't just "accept " it.... REJOICE !!!

I know I am moody because I am procrastinating again. Grrrr
And... each of my kids are having problems.
I HATE THAT. We all want our kids lifes to be carefree and wonderful... and well ... life just isn't always carefree and wonderful. And the bad part is... there is nothing I can do to help. Just be there for them to talk to. It is hard sometimes to not try and "control" them. They are all grown and have to live their lives for them... not me. Just wish I could win a lottery , or wave a magic wand , and lose 200lbs all in one swoop. LOL

Okay... Today is Thankful Thursday. Maybe some people aren't posting because they don't think they have anything worth sharing. Well to day is Thankful Thursday so get in here and count a few of your blessings with us. How about 5 ??

1. I have a wonderful support group I can come to here.
2. I have a wonderful family that I usually love. LOL
3. I have internet access.
4. I have stayed on my food plan for another day.
5. I have HOPE for my successful weight loss journey.

J-ann.... I hate to see you leave but I understand. I also have two sites I try to keep up with and it is HARD sometimes.
It is ALWAYS time consuming. But if you are like me.... you won't be able to stay away. LOL Good luck and see you soon. LOL
Old 03-13-2003, 04:30 PM   #9  

2Cute....

I am rejoicing

Who am I to ask for more? I know 2#'s is great and I will take it.

THANKFUL THURSDAY

1. Thankful I lost 2 #
2. Thankful I have all of you wonderful ladies to chat with.
3. Thankful for my dh, and kids.
4. Thankful I have my health.
5. Thankful I have a great job that I love and a boss that is great
6. Thankful I have the energy to exercise now.
7. Thankful for free veggies
8. Thankful for Orville Red. Popcorn 94%FF
9. Thankful for Winter is almost over.
10. Thankful for me!!!! Got to like yourself first!!!

and best of all........

Thankful for that wonderful Avatar by my name. I love it!!! So fitting.

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 03-13-2003, 04:34 PM   #10  

OK wow! I have some catching up to do. I was busy with my quilt, which I thought I posted about?? Oh well I was tired last night. But I finished my quilt and am so excited about it. OK I keep going on about it but it is only the second one ever for me, without a pattern or anything and it looks great. So I am very excited .

Bobsgal: First I have probably a dumb question, but what is WATP tape? And be careful you don't plan too much exercise all at once, I don't know you and you may be a walking mad woman ,( I have a friend who is) but if your like me I don't exercise at all and then I decide it is time to and plan to do more than I could possibly be capable of and set myself up for failure. Just tryin to help.And don't do it alone, it so much easier if you have support, but then again you do have us And you gotta love kids brutal honesty. I have a nephew, 3, cute as a button but walked up to me and asked me if I ate a baby because it looked like there was one in my belly. (there isn't) Kids will do it every time.

jehari: I read your post last night so this might be a little late. But you said low carb didnt work for ya have you thought about WW.?It really does work. I should be spokesperson. It just feels so great. And if you could see me and know me, this is only the second time in my life that I have tried to lose and the first time was WW and I lost 50 lbs. And this time I am going to lose 150+. Just a suggestion.

Tina don't ya hate when that happens ! I'm sure it was a good one too.

And last but of course not least, Sandy: Congrats! Tonight is my WI, hopefully I will have a bravo or 2.but if I don't return you know it wasnt good. HEHE, just kiddin ya. Because I know it will be good.

Well TTFN Everyone have a great day!

362/---?---/160
Now/tonight/in the long run!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:42 PM   #11  

Deon, got my fingers for you!!! I know you have done awesome!!!

Okay girls you gotta go to this site for a laugh...and I mean a good ole belly laugh. Have your speakers turned on!!

www.dieter-wolters.de/funflash/grooving.htm

Last edited by peekabooangel; 03-13-2003 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:42 PM   #12  

I know I'm back so soon.

Another dumb question what is dh?? I'm thinking dumb husband, not sure .

Thankful for:
1. WW
2. Strength to do it.
3. This website.
4. my life.
5. my kids.
6. my husband
7. my health.
That's all for now.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:48 PM   #13  

Gonna Pee my pants Deon

DH means Dear Husband.....but occasionally your way would fit too.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:51 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello friends.
I was off today instead of tomorrow. I haven't done much we have had thundrstorms all day.

My brother called last night first time I have talked to him since christmas. He was trying to unload all his problems on me. I love him dearly but I just can't handle any more problems. I know I should tell him to grow up but I start crying every time I talk to him. This is the brother that lost his wife two years ago and now has a 5 month old baby by his girl friend.

Food has not been bad but it's not great. Dh and son both bought girl scout cookies from my grand daughter. I do love cookies. I have been trying to drink more water.

I am still stuck at 195ish.

Well I've run my mouth long enough. Hope all of you have a great day. I am so thankful for all of you.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:51 PM   #15  

OOps. my mistake.
That website was hilarious!
Closed Thread