Old 09-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Learning? What's that??

I feel like that's me. I don't learn. I am coming off of a 5 day binge-fest. Yep. I had one single solitary meal planned out for DH's birthday, which led to a huge eating out fest for me.
I hope one of these days I will learn. I just can't seem to stay away from these types of foods. And once I have them, I just keep wanting more. Everything I have tried to try and avoid them has not worked. IT HAS NOT CLICKED yet....and the stupid thing is, these foods make me feel HORRIBLE. My hands and feet swell up from all the salt. My stomach makes weird noises, I burp and pass gas all the time (sorry TMI). So WHY do I keep going back? Its just totally stupid!!!! Ugh!
I am back on track today. Chugging water like no ones business. Meals planned, hit the gym this morning. I want to turn it around before I do much more damage. But seriously. What is my problem? I start to feel like I am just doomed to be fat because I can't control myself! I don't even try to tell myself NO. Because even when I say NO, I give in....
I want it to click. But until it does, I will have to try with all my might to avoid those pits of binge eating..... :P
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think I was watching Dr. Oz and he said something like if eating carbs make you gassy that means you might have insulin resistance and should be careful about the carbs you eat. Just a thought

I know for me- carbs just ruin me- they make me crave bad stuff and that's why I do south beach diet. I literally have to tell myself NO NO NO when I want something that's not carb friendly.

Try to find your trigger foods I guess- or at least learn from this and maybe next time you won't make that mistake again, and if you do- don't beat yourself up too bad

Last edited by beerab; 09-20-2010 at 02:07 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I think you are learning... learning what foods make you feel out of control... what foods set you off... what foods make you feel better or worse...

But, of course, there is always a different between knowing and doing something.

I think it is great that you are back on track and taking care of yourself. We can only take things one moment, minute, hour, day at a time...
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #4  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I'm almost positive I have insulin resistance. Too many symptoms! PCOS for sure. I also love South Beach. That's how I eat, and really most the time its not that hard for me. But its just these darn fast food places that just call to me...
I hope I'm learning...but so many times I step back and I'm like ummm why did I do that again? Grrrr.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I think the most important thing really is that you got back on plan. Last week I had 4 days where I wasn't on plan and I managed to pull myself out of it. Maybe we have to take this in baby steps and pulling ourselves out of it is part of the process. I actually recognized that I was out of control instead of hiding. Sounds like you recognized it and addressed it. Maybe next time it will be shorter or not at all.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote