Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Default Body Shapers?

Ok, do body shapers work to slim you? like I know it does it temporarily but does it actually help to shed fat as well?

I hope I made the right decision to buy a body shaper all in one from Dr. Rey. I could use something to suck in all my flab, lol
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

NO a body shaper does not help you shed fat or slim you by helping you lose weight. it is an undergarment that makes you look smooth under clothing, you know, no panty lines bra buldge etc. that is what they mean by "slimming"

Be careful it is not too tight. not a good look and it can be very uncomfortable to wear and cause buldges in other places!

If you don't like it send it back....
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #3  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

I LOVE them. I wear it, or a knock-off brand, almost every day. I don't believe it in itself actually helps shed fat. But for me, it sucks everything in and I am certainly more aware of my posture and my muscles in general.
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 243

Height: 5'5.5

What is this body shaper??? Please give me link! Thanks
GeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #5  

i wanna know too ... send me 1 2
samantha65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #6  
Suicide Wing Winner

S/C/G: 135/98/105

Height: 5'5"

I was wondering about this too, if body shapers or girdles could actually make you burn more calories while wearing them, which would help you lose more fat.

Well anyways, I was wearing a pretty tight girdle the other day while running and I notice my heart rate was around 230 bpm. Usually when I run without the girdle it's about 180-190 bpm. So, wouldn't this mean I'm burning more calories with the girdle on because it's making it harder for me to breath, which would cause my heart rate to go up, which would cause me to lose more weight?

Anyways, I guess a body shaper could cause you to burn more fat if you wear it while exercising.
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/265/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
I was wondering about this too, if body shapers or girdles could actually make you burn more calories while wearing them, which would help you lose more fat.

Well anyways, I was wearing a pretty tight girdle the other day while running and I notice my heart rate was around 230 bpm. Usually when I run without the girdle it's about 180-190 bpm. So, wouldn't this mean I'm burning more calories with the girdle on because it's making it harder for me to breath, which would cause my heart rate to go up, which would cause me to lose more weight?

Anyways, I guess a body shaper could cause you to burn more fat if you wear it while exercising.
Or it could just be compressing your organs and making them work harder than they should have to. That sounds dangerous, imo.
birdtostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

a body shaper is like spanx, there are tons of other brands out the, just google. They are just ment to smooth your shape under cloths, NOT a weight loss tool and not ment to be worn to squeeze the begebers out of your insides while exercising and making your heart explode! just because your HR is up does not mean you are burning more calories, you could be about to pass out!

they should be comfy to wear, not too tight where you can't breath and they can help make you look good in your cloths. that is it! period!

PLEASE! this is not a way to lose weight and not some fad or quick fix. it is not even a diet plan!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #9  
Going back to Onderland!

S/C/G: 289/ticker/189

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

That is an extremely high rate rate. That scared me when I read it actually. Maximum heart rate while exercising can be calculated by:
220 - your age = predicted maximum heart rate
This just my advise.
NurseSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #10  
Suicide Wing Winner

S/C/G: 135/98/105

Height: 5'5"

I don't plan on wearing a girdle ever again while exercising, and I'm sorry for advising wearing a girdle while exercising to anyone.

Today while running I did feel like I was going to pass out. My heart was racing and I began feeling light headed. Obviously my girdle is way too small for me, so I probably won't wear it anymore, ever.

Again, I’m really sorry for advising this to anyone, please just ignore my stupidity.
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #11  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

That's how we learn, by trial and error.

I'm sure a ton of us have taken stupid or dangerous diet pills in an attempt to lose weight, many of which are now banned.

Don't beat yourself up about it, I didn't feel you were saying to do it. I felt as if you had done it, noticed the difference and didn't know what that meant. If you hadn't spoken up it may have been someone else who wanted to try it.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #12  
jeanne

I love love love my body shapers! I feel so smoothe and firm when I wear them. Which is almost everyday! After losing 50#, I have a lot of lose skin! Urgh!

Body Shapers come in many many brands and prices! I think when you find the right one, you'll know it!

Krazy - it's ok! Don't beat yourself up. Like StephanieM said.....trial & error!

**TO RECAP WHAT L144S SAID......IT IS NOT A WEIGHT LOSS TOOL! If It was I'd be a skinny minny by now! haha!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #13  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Well I have to respectfully disagree-to a point. There are the light-weight body shapers, such as Spanx and then there are the hardcore corsets and body shapers; with boning and latex specfically made to "train" your waist to a smaller size. And I own one and it worked. I own two from a Brazilian company called "Squeem" and it's a faja (which is Spanish for "girdle") and can I just say my waist probably had went down about 2 inches for the month I wore it constantly. Even now that I don't wear it anymore (I need the next size down and I can't afford it right now!), I can tell, especially in my back area (you know, the dreaded back fat), it really trimmed the back fat down.

I would NEVER recommend wearing this to workout in or even for longer than 8 hours a day; it is compressing you. But I loved mine and as soon as I can, I am ordering a new one.
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #14  
Owned by Dixie

Fit, Ultimately a body shaper regardless of how "hard core" will not help you lose weight.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #15  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I wear Spanx every single day. They're not so tight that they really compress anything they just smooth out the extra skin. I usually only wear the tank tops. They take care of the skin muffin top and make me look better in my clothes. I doubt they help me burn fat or squish my guts, though lol.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote