Old 09-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #1  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Back on 3FC after extended AWOL!

Hello!

Wow, it's been a whole month since I've been here! I feel so out of touch but it's been a heck of a month for me. Here's a quick update:

In mid-August, my husband and I did a charity bike ride and rode a 'metric century' which is 100 KM (65 miles). It took me about 4 hours to do it, including rest stops and the best part was I felt fine afterwards! I wasn't sore or anything. My next goal is a century, which is 100 miles.

We went on vacation for the last two weeks of September, home to Newfoundland to see my family. It was the first time I've been home in 7 years, since I swore to myself that I would not go back fat. I shouldn't have allowed that to stop me, but it was so great to finally go home and to have lost so much weight that my family were so happy and proud, and my husband and I were able to do all kinds of active outdoor things we would never have been able to do. Probably the biggest highlight in that regard was a 15 mile, 10 hour hike we did along the coastline across all kinds of terrain - bog, trail, rocks, you name it. It was amazing - so beautiful and such a personal achievement.

A week after getting home, I participated in my second triathlon, and even though I hadn't been able to train hard during the vacation, I still managed to beat my time goal of finishing in less than an hour and forty-five minutes (1:42 was my time - about 25 minutes less than my previous time) but I also placed 3rd in the Athena division so I got a medal. Woohoo!

Now for all that, I've hardly lost any weight over the past month, but I don't mind because I indulged during my vacation - I knew I would and I was OK with that. I didn't go crazy but I did enjoy myself, especially with foods I could not get down here (jam from freshly picked blueberries on my aunt's homemade bread - heaven!).

My husband and I just celebrated our 11th anniversary (actually, it was the day of my triathlon, haha) and we are amazed at how far we've come in a year and all that we've managed to do. I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

It feels good to be back and into our routine again, and for me that includes 3FC!

Here are a few photos taken during the past month. The first is after the big bike ride, the second is on the coast hike, the third is after my second tri and the last one is a comparison shot where the 'after' shot was taken on our way out to celebrate our anniversary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg usride.jpg (45.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg mehike2.jpg (41.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg metri.jpg (15.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg lescompare.JPG (34.5 KB, 63 views)
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #2  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Welcome back!!

I was also AWOL in August. It's a crazy, crazy month for us, hubby and I are both in college (DH's first year), also got 3 of the 4 kiddos in school this year, vacation, and preggo, so I know what you mean! Welcome back, you are doing great!!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #3  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Welcome back! Your such an inspiration and it's great to "see" you around here again. Ever since you posted your triathlon Iron Girl it's been something lingering in the back of my mind. You look great !
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back!!

You look wonderful
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

So happy to see you Lit Chick!!! And what a set of accomplishments! Glad to hear you are doing so well.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #6  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

You're doing so great! Love the pics.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:05 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

And what a lovely, active month it's been for you!

It's great to hear that you are doing so well and enjoying this new life that you've carved out for yourself.

Welcome back!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:24 AM   #8  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

I'm so inspired!! Welcome back and thanks so much for posting. To see someone who's been sticking with her plan and gradually losing weight in a healthy, maintainable way is fantastic. You should be so very proud of yourself!! Congratulations.
LiliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #9  

Wow, you continue to be so inspiring. Welcome back.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #10  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Wow... when I think AWOL I think sittin' on the couch and eating junk food... not competing in triathlons and hiking for 10 hours. Good for you!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yeah, I agree with Kae! You weren't AWOL...you were living life! Good for you!

Your pictures are amazing. Truly amazing! You are just absolutely lit up with life and you look so NORMAL!!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #12  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

LitChick, what a great reason to be awol! Wonderful to see you back, happy and healthy and fabulous! I love the pic with you and hubby and bike.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #13  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, ladies. It feels good to be back.

And oh, oh, oh!!! I almost forgot a really cool thing that happened! This was our first time getting on a plane since we started losing weight. What used to happen was that we would be squeezed together, one of us with an arm around the other to try and make a little more room (not that it helped), not being able to put the tray table down all the way because of our stomachs, the seat belt either maxed out or sometimes even forced to get an extender (if I didn't try to hide the fact that it wasn't belted at all - totally not good!). I dreaded flying as it was a totally uncomfortable and embarrassing experience.

THIS time, we had plenty of room - no squeezing down the aisle, no armrests pushing into our thighs, a comfortable and roomy seating area and best of all, we got to tighten the seat belts!!! It was such a great feeling, one of the best NSVs yet.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:49 AM   #14  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

Glad to see you back And it sounds like you had an awesome month! you deserve it girl!
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations, especially on the tri! My husband just did his very first one (sprint) a couple of weekends ago. Amazing to watch!!
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote