Old 09-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

Default gimme numbers...brag it up

Today is my 23rd wedding anniversary. When I started trying to fix my body, my health, and my life, I had wanted to be 129 pounds by this date. The number does not have a very specific meaning. I was 119 when I married, but I thought that number was definitely out of reach for the time I had to do it in, and I didnt want to set a crazy goal. I went for 129, simply because it was the first number in that decade. I did not make my 129 goal. I missed it by 12 pounds, but I find that I am not upset about this at all, and this is why.
So I was just looking at my dietpower, and was doing some calculating. I have been on my life changing quest for 211 days. In those 211 days I have averaged approx 1300 calories per day, and have lost 56 pounds. This averages out to 1.89 pounds per week.
My BMI has gone from 41.2 to 29.5
I have gone from a size 18 to a size 10 (final goal is 4 or 6)

In the non number category, my feet no longer hurt when I step out of bed in the morning, and my hips do not pain me when I walk. I can now actually see (although only when I stand at certain angles) and feel my rib cage as well as my hip bone. I can only create a double chin if I press my chin down towards my chest, and (today at least) I feel as though I could take on the world, and win. When my husband put his arms around me to tell me happy anniversary this morning, he could put his arms all the way around me, and I felt as though he could pull me closer than he could a year ago. This is, of course, merely perception, but it was a perception that mattered to me.

Come on folks..gimme yours.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Happy anniversary! And congrats on your accomplishments
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #3  
HLS
Loving Life

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I have re-started my goal once more. I previously lost 105 pounds down to 135 (met goal six years ago) and then had my son (now 5 years old) who has had major medical complications, inluding being 2 pounds when he was born extremely pre-mature and since having 9 brain surgeries. I simply didn't have time to focus on me because I was focusing on him. He is much healthier now at 5 (although still developmentally delayed and in a wheelchair) and I have time to refocus on my own goal. Sadly in these past several years, I have gained back all my weight and then some. However, I am committed to success and I have traveled this road before and can do it again!

My 12 pound weight loss so far has allowed me to fit into a smaller size shorts. In the grand scheme of things, that's not a lot considering how far I have to go BUT it is important to me. I was so happy the other morning when I put them on and they FIT. Not the kind of fit that causes my belly to bulge over and the zipper looks like it's going to bust open .... they fit like they are supposed to! I was overjoyed.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

yeah..there is fitting and then fitting. Is a difference between "well, I can get them on" and "I can wear these comfortably and actually bend over" .
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote