Old 09-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #1  

Default Just got back from Food Instruction session

And now I keep thinking, what have I gotten myself into. I paid the sign up fee thinking just to have the counseling and weigh ins etc. it would be worth it. I knew I'd have to buy a bunch of the HSNs too as they are mandatory. I got the 10/$90 deal because of the price break. I just put it all away and I'm feeling very unsure about all this. I believe in eating whole/unprocessed foods...not packets and yeesh no choices for 4 days? the same breakfast/lunch/dinner that whole time? I guess it's only 4 days but I'm having a hard time with it. 1/2 and orange? How bad would it be if I ate a whole one? And finally, I went in today because I wanted to get going. I only signed up Wednesday. I've got a church retreat weekend happening tomorrow. Should I just start the day 1 Metaslim (yellow) menu on Monday? I hate to wait but I don't see how I can follow that strict of a plan going into a weekend away.

Your support/advice is appreciated. Right now, I'm feeling like I've made a $400 mistake.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/155/138

Height: 5'6

I felt the same way...don't worry. There was a gal in the class with me who was kind of freaking out about the "limited" food. I too was concerned that I would be hungry, but truthfully I was not. I got used to it fairly quick. Good Luck!!!!

also..I really enjoy the HSN's..just my opinion.
2b determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Hang in there and see it work it's magic. I tried a lot of things and never could lose more than 15 lbs. I have now lost 60 lbs and am skinny for the first time in my adult life thanks for MRC. It's a very tough adjustment at first, but eventually you'll get the hang of it and you won't find it so limiting.

How much are you trying to lose?
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #4  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

I agree with both posts above. I have tried SOOO many things to lose weight and this is the ONLY program where I have actually seen the scale drop. I dont have alot to lose, which makes it slower but it is so worth it. I have yet to know of a person who has not had some sort of success on this program! Stick with us and we'll help you every step of the way!
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone,
They've figured I need to get down 22 pounds to get to an ideal BMI. So not too much to lose which I think might make it harder in some ways. I already eat lots of veg and don't fry anything so many of the plan requirements aren't a big deal for me.

I've been doing preconditioning since Wed. (it's now Friday) I weigh the same but that's fine with me as it's only been 2 days. I'm supposed to start Day 1 (yellow) tomorrow and I'm nervous because I've been soo hungry these last couple of days. I don't see how I will get by on even less for the next four days. But I've written the checks so I'll give it a go.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #6  
Started program June 2010

Good luck to you Nicmom24. I wanted to tell you that it does get easier. Just hang in there, it will work if you follow the program and you'll feel great too!
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3''

Like everyone else has said you just have to have a little faith in it. IT WORKS! I too had a hard time in the begining with the yellow menu but its only for a couple of days. I restarted the program two weeks ago and I must say I have a renewed feeling about it all. I'm ready to do this! The best part is is that I'm really not hungry. You can eat clean on this (besides the drinks being packaged), in fact its better if you eat less processed stuff on it. I hope it helps a little bit. I usually sit back and read posts but I saw this and thought I'd put my two sense in. YOU CAN DO IT! THIS WAS NOT A MISTAKE!

My boot camp instructer says this and I say it to myself over and over in my head, "change your mind, change your body"

Good luck!
Cassondra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #8  

Ok,
So I ate the breakfast according to plan. It was more filling than I expected. It's now nearly 10 am and I'm getting hungry so I'll go do the 10 o'clock HNS. I like salad so lunch will be fine. 2 of my kids are sick with no appetites so dinner will be low key anyway. We were supposed to do an overnight church thing...with non plan meals which we're not going to now because of virus house arrest so I'm feeling better about being able to do this. It's only till Tuesday. I was looking over the cookbook and that has helped too.

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 8"

Nicmom24, hang in there! Once you start seeing the results you will be SOOOO motivated to keep going. At my work there are 4 of us who have each lost 30-40+ lbs each in an matter of months. I would also recommend a book called the 'Beck Diet Solution'. It's not a diet book per se, it's more about keeping your focus and motivation up.
namaste1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

One more note Nicmom24, one thing that I have enjoyed about this program is the education we're getting is an investment that will stick with us. If at any point in my future I need to work on 10 lbs or after baby weight or something, I now know I can just do the green menu, go back to basics buy HNS online and watch it melt away. No more fighting with my weight, because now I have a proven prescription that works for me.

I'm going to package up all the papers and write a couple pages of notes of the things i learned so that if I ever have to reopen that package for 10 lbs or whatever, I have what I need.

It does work, and it does get easier. You're absolutely in the toughest stage. I can tell you that after 7 months, it's impacted my daily life, but not as much as you may feel like it does.

Last edited by GoalAug2010; 09-19-2010 at 06:02 PM.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/149/145

Height: 5'8"

Nicmom24, I felt EXACTLY the same way when I left food instruction class. I was ready to cry thinking I'd made a horrible mistake. I didn't think I could do it and thought I'd wasted all that money... that was May 11, I'm down 34 pounds and just 4 lbs away from goal. The first 10 days are definitely the worst and the most strict. After that, you get more options but it's still hard. It is all worth it though, just stick with it and don't cheat. My consultant told me that just one bite of something not on plan throws off your weight loss. It takes 3 days of perfect meals (following plan) to get your body back into fat burning mode. Good luck!
metalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote