Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Friday 9/17/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Well, dropped Brandon off at the airport last night. Try to get back into my routine again... I have been bad with my water and vitamins... When he gets back over there he finds out what day he comes home in December... the latest day he would be home would be Dec. 24... hoping for something sooner!! I CAN do this!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #3  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. Great news for anyone planning a vacation. I gained 1 or 2 lbs! 10 days in Italy. Started out strong but about half way through the trip was enjoying the cheese, meats, bread and red wine. Stayed away from pasta and tried to indulge in just a few sugars. One gelato the entire trip which I shared with DH. We walked like crazy-- visited 4 hilltop towns in Tuscany. I am sure that helped with my very off diet food. Tried to have an IP every single morning and sometimes in the afternoon.
Chelle -- have a great time on your cruise. I hope you love Italy as much as I did. It's a beautiful country-- we even stopped at Juliet's house in Verona. For those who have seen the movie, no they don't really post letters on the wall --or answer them obviously! I'm anxious to get caught up and hear about all the successes while I was away. In a hurry now -- out of time because I spent about 1/2 hour trying to find you on 3fatchicks.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 09-17-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Well, dropped Brandon off at the airport last night.
Well? So? What did he say???
Old 09-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #5  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Good morning all. Great news for anyone planning a vacation.
I hope the gelato you had was hazelnut? When you're skinny, and you go back to Italy, have gelato with a shot of Scotch. Sound weird? I thought so, too. Sound Italian? Well, no matter. I almost refused it and it was one of the most heavenly things I've ever eaten. And I don't like Scotch.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #6  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

All this talk of trips to Italy makes me so want to go back there! My daughter and I went on a nineteen day self guided tour of Europe this past summer. The only thing that saved me from gaining weight was all the walking we did. The food though.....was absolutely wonderful! One of my favorites was salty crepes in the south of France. Next time I go I will be thin so I too can lay on the beach with a swimsuit on. Although some didn't bother wearing a swim top, I think I will
Old 09-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #7  
Dave - The Speedo King

So I woke up with a head cold. This wouldn't be so bad if today was Monday, but it's Friday.

I guess that's what you get when you eat chickret!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #8  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning Everyone!! Yesterday went very well. I ordered some goodies from WF a few weeks ago but nothing has come yet.

I am going tonight to get me some ketosis strips at the store. I can literally feel the fat melting off my legs!!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #9  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good morning All-
I changed my avatar,,just got bored with other one..
I'm making turkey/veggie soup this morning, will write down recipe as I go along to post later.. I will leave Dave to eat the Chickrets (I heard they have a side effect- headcolds)
Hubby and I are gonna check out 2 restaurants today for next year's reheasal dinner(their menu lists and what the places look like inside) We are gonna have lunch at one of them. I'm bring my packet of WF dressing, planned on a salad with some grilled protein. He can taste all the 'forbidden fruits'..
Old 09-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 193.3

Height: 5"1'

This was my first week on the IP diet. And actually today is my first weigh in to see how much I've lost. Have to say that the diet so far isn't as hard as I thought it would be. But I am struggling to get in the right amount of veggies, as most veggies are not my favorite food. Any suggestions on that?
PS....Wish me luck today...I'm nervous for this afternoon's weigh in!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #11  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

It's a great IP day!!!!! I am so happy to report that I LOVE this LIFESTYLE! I was nervous about heading to the UW/Boise State football game....but, I CAN DO IT! I packed my food, with some restricted.....haven't let myself have them yet, but these are going to keep me from cheating! So excited! Down 17 lbs! This is sooooo awesome!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Top of the mornin' Everyone

Welcome to all the Newbies!!!!
Congrats to everyone for great loses this week, if you are in the Hallowe'en Challenge and haven't posted your weight yet, don't forget to do it, we are doing great there!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post
This was my first week on the IP diet. And actually today is my first weigh in to see how much I've lost. Have to say that the diet so far isn't as hard as I thought it would be. But I am struggling to get in the right amount of veggies, as most veggies are not my favorite food. Any suggestions on that?
MereBear!.. I hope you have a WONDERFUL weigh in... I used to not be a veggie-eater... I thought most were pretty tasteless & hated having to doctor them up just to choke them down... then I started just chopping up raw veggies (radishes, celery, asparagus, zucchini, cucumbers, cauliflower) into 2 cups of bite-sized pieces & mixing them with a couple of cups of lettuce with a little oil & vinegar dressing... I love them this way... I rarely eat cooked veggies anymore...

hugs
Old 09-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #14  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Default Bah... I thought downing water was bad...

So this morning is my first day on IP. I downed 14oz of water.. struggled with the last 8.. not bad though. Then I decided.."hmmm crispy cerial sounds good." Bleh! It wasn't bad at first bite... but mine has somewhat thickened and now tastes like stale cerial thats been soaking in water for about 3 hours, but the consistancy of oh I dont know... heavy cream? Is this supposed to happen? Man... well either way.. I've successfully managed to drag myself out of bed... and I've managed to shovel down a "full breakfast of ip".
Old 09-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
It's a great IP day!!!!! I am so happy to report that I LOVE this LIFESTYLE! I was nervous about heading to the UW/Boise State football game....but, I CAN DO IT! I packed my food, with some restricted.....haven't let myself have them yet, but these are going to keep me from cheating! So excited! Down 17 lbs! This is sooooo awesome!
wyoangel You WILL do it!! You have done a great job...have fun at the football game!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post
MereBear WELCOME!! AND GOOD LUCK You will do wonderfully and will be so surprised at the inches you have lost!! As for the veggies, check out the IP recipes in the Sticky section, there are a lot of great ones there. Have a wonderful day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
So I woke up with a head cold. This wouldn't be so bad if today was Monday, but it's Friday.

I guess that's what you get when you eat chickret!
Good thing i didn't eat that chickret I saw crossing the road yesterday, don't want those side effects!!

[QUOTE=HopefulTricia;3484354]Good morning all. Great news for anyone planning a vacation. I gained 1 or 2 lbs! 10 days in Italy. Started out strong but about half way through the trip was enjoying the cheese, meats, bread and red wine. Stayed away from pasta and tried to indulge in just a few sugars. One gelato the entire trip which I shared with DH. We walked like crazy-- visited 4 hilltop towns in Tuscany. I am sure that helped with my very off diet food. Tried to have an IP every single morning and sometimes in the afternoon.
QUOTE]

HopefulTricia So glad you enjoyed your travels through Italy!! We went to Germany this summer & I too was going to be strongbut after the 1st week I got to thinkin' hmmm I might never get back here again, so I started trying some of the dishes. Still did my IP for breakfast and they do eat alot of salads there...but only gained 4lbs the whole time, so was happy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Well, dropped Brandon off at the airport last night. Try to get back into my routine again... I have been bad with my water and vitamins... When he gets back over there he finds out what day he comes home in December... the latest day he would be home would be Dec. 24... hoping for something sooner!! I CAN do this!
shrinkingsusie Hope you had a wonderful time with Brandon, just think how you will look when you pick him up in Dec.!! Have a great day!
Closed Thread