Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Fall Focus 2010 Getting To Know You

Hello everyone and welcome to the Blue team! From now until Sunday we will use this thread to get to know each other. Some of us are veterans to these challenges and many are newbies. Welcome to everyone! This challange is going to be great as everyone is over with the busy summer and refocusing on their own personal goals. Make sure to just jump right in and introduce yourself!

My name is Jacky and I am 43 I have lost 72lbs so far and this is my 4th challange. It is my 2nd challange as team leader so if you need anything just let me know and I will try to help in anyway that I can. I am doing the C25K running program and am on D3 of W7 it has been so cold and rainy here though I have missed a couple days. My hope for this challange is to get to goal which would be a 17lb loss for the 13 weeks.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #2  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I have, as always, put on weight between challenges. Hoping to get back down to my starting weight for the first weigh in... gah!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #3  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

Hi Blue Team!! So glad I'm a part. My name is Jackie, and I'm 34 years old. This is my first challenge here, and Im really excited! I'm 279.8 (my starting weight was 306). I'm hoping in the 13 weeks here, I can lose at least 25 lbs. Preferably more, but I don't want to get greedy and get discouraged.

I'm not following any particular exercise right now. A lot of walking/running/sprinting in place while playing the wii, boxing, etc. I just got a used stationary bike, and if I can fix the chain, I'll be doing it all the time while watching tv.

I can't wait to get to know everyone!!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone
My name is Angela and this is my 3rd or 4th challenge over the past few years here at 3FC. I am battling a health problem right now, but I will try my absolute hardest to check in. I am losing weight but only because I am not able to eat much at all. I hope to add in some exercise when I get my pain under conrol.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #5  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone, it's nice to meet you all! My name is Elise, I'll be 28 on the 24th, I'm married and just had my 5th baby. This is my 2nd or 3rd challenge and last time I lost 20lbs (thanks to the support and accountability of my team), but since the baby I gained it all back. My goal is to get into shape by Christmas using strength training and cardio. No dieting, just eating sensibly because I'm still breastfeeding. I hope that doesn't hinder my weightloss too much. I can't wait to get this challenge started and I hope to make my team proud.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #6  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

I started my journey to wellness on April 12. The summer was long and difficult and the scale was NOT my friend. But I didn't give up and things seem to finally be moving in the right direction.

For diet, I am counting calories, limiting carbs (under 100g/day), and just trying to eat healthy.

For exercise, I am running 3 days a week (having completed C25K August 21!), cross training on a stationary bike one day a week, and doing Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zone DVD one day a week. I'm on a quest for a good Yoga For Fat People DVD also.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

LET'S GO BLUE TEAM!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #7  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Hi, my name is Kris and I am 45 yrs old. This is my first BL challenge. I started my lifestyle change on February 25, 2010 and since then have lost almost 40 lbs. I am down over 60 from my highest weight of a few years ago. (Recently fought a month-6 weeks of serious depression and my weightloss pretty much stalled during that time). I am a diabetic, and the weightloss has helped lower my blood sugars a great deal and I have reduced my insulin by half. I am essentially a calorie counter with carb restriction - not low carb, I just try to limit my carbs. I don't exercise near like I should or like I did in the beginning. I plan to step it back up. I am a mom and a grandma (being a grandma is awesome). 25-30 lbs over the next 13 weeks would be great. I am going to the Marine Corps Ball in 7 1/2 weeks and would love to be under 200 by then, but not sure I'm gonna make it.

Last edited by MamaP; 09-15-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #8  

HI,

My name is Susie and I am 48 years old. I've been married for 27 years and have 2 sons and 1 granddaughter (she is grand)
Problem is I can't hardly keep up with her. She keeps me on my toes. I'm hoping to loose 20 or more pounds on this challenge.
Looking forward to getting to know you !
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #9  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

hey fellow bluesers,

this is my third challenge but have only completed one successfully. lets see, i'm 40 years old and have 3 grand children who all live with me (the youngest is only 4 days old) i work a whole lot and am tired alot so i'm hoping this challenge will get me going to the ymca alot more ( i pay for it i may as well use it)
Old 09-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #10  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi! I'm Jennie. I am 33 years old, been married 11 yrs and have 2 kids, aged 5 and 3. I have been around this site off and on for a very long time. I am done with being fat though. I'm just done. I have come to the realization that being in denial about what I can and can't eat (and stay thin) isn't helping me, and it is okay that I can't eat junk food all day long like my sisters (one is a size 4 and the other is a double zero....yes, I said a double zero). It is okay because I can still have the things that I love, I just need to learn to eat them in moderation, and I can live with that. So, I think I am finally ready to stop yo-yo-ing, and start my life of moderation. No food tastes so good that it is worth giving up my health. My mother died because of her poor health when I was 11, and I don't want to put my kids through what me and my little brother went through. So, here I am. This is my first challenge, and I plan to kick some butt. So, let's do this!!!

Last edited by Jennie527; 09-15-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #11  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Welcome Blue Team Members! My name is Kristi and this is my 2nd BL challenge. I began my journey in Oct 2009 and have lost 117 pounds since then. Over the summer I joined The Y because walking outside was just miserable here in Hotlanta and I have really enjoyed taking advantage of the other exercise programs The Y offers like Zumba, and step aerobics. I am training to run my first 5K this Fall. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #12  

Hi everyone I will come back later for personals just on my iPhone right now so not the easiest to go back and forth with let's keep on going with the introductions. I hope everyone will participate in the weekly chats as well. These really are a good source of support. Have a great night and I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #13  
weight, be gone!

S/C/G: 227/191/125

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, everyone!
I'm Cat, and this is my first challenge and last weight loss journey!
I say last because I've finally realized that I had to make a lifestyle change and can't abuse myself like I have been.
Basically I'm a calorie counter, I'm not really following any specific program, just being careful to avoid really bad things (Icky D's!). For exercise there's not really a lot I have available that I am able to do, so right now I use a Gazelle.

I look forward to getting to know all of you as we work to get TEAM BLUE to victory!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #14  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello Team!

Im Matilda and Im 30yo this is my first biggest loser challenge on this thread, however I do them all the time on the 20something board. During this challenge Id like to lose two lbs per week which would be 24-26 and hopefully be in onderland. I count calories and I workout for about 6-10 hours per week. I attend an all womans gym and I do a variety of workouts including step, elliptical, body to pump, cycling, weights, and walking. Looking foward to getting to know you all!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #15  

Hi, everyone! This is my first challenge and I hope to lose 10 pounds during the challenge. This will put me below my WW goal weight. I first joined WW in 1971, reached my goal weight in 1977 and stayed there until 6 years ago. I'm a widow and have no family, so I'm doing this for me. At 69, I'm probably the grandma of the group, but I feel more like 40. I just joined the Y last month and I love it. I do strength training 3 days a week, water aerobics 3 days, seniorcise 2 days and silversneakers 1 day and add work on the treadmill or elliptical on strength training days. I aim for 2 hours a day 6 days a week. I have a few health problems that contributed to my weight gain - COPD, severe asthma, and hypothyroidism, but they are definitely improving with weight loss and exercise. If I can do it, you can, too. I'm an avid quilter (it keeps my hands busy so they aren't putting food into my mouth).

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 09-16-2010 at 02:09 PM.