Old 09-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, plans, menu, exercise, stuff...week of September 12

Here is a place to put your plans, menu, exercise goals, have accountability and more.

Please feel free to join in!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-13-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am in!

Menu for today:
B-1 cup skim milk, banana, yogurt
L- can tuna, whole wheat pita, deli mustard, lettuce, 2 laughing cow lite wedges, 1 cup raw snap peas, 5 raw baby carrots
s- 2 cups cantaloupe, 1 oz cheese, 8 rice crackers
D- 2 salmon steaks, 1 cup broccoli
s- yogurt

Exercise: 1 hour of my BRAND NEW fitness class! it's called "Groove fit" and it rocks my world!

I stayed on plan ALL DAY with my eating and I'm looking forward to class tonight!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Hello! I am one who has been MIA. What can I say--summer has been busy but it's time to get back on track.

Good news: Annual physical shows that I am so 'normal' with my lab work that I have been taken off my bp and cholesterol meds. Woohooo! My doctor is so pleased with me and even took a moment to tell me how good I looked.

I just got an iphone and I can't tell you how much easier it's become to track my calories and exercise. I love, love, love my iphone!

My weight has stayed stable all summer so I am happy about that.

The bad news: I can't tell you the last time I went swimming. I have been active this summer but I miss the pool time. Tomorrow, I return to the pool!

Also, I have to go in for a diagnostic mammogram because the last one doesn't look like the previous mammo's I've had. I'm not freaking out, because that does no one any good and my doctor said that it is not uncommon to have to go back just to be on the cautious side. So, I will keep you all posted.

cfmama, it's so good to see you here!

Beverlyjoy, how are you doing?
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:45 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for getting us started! How are you doing?

cfmama--Nice to see you!

ANewCreation--You ROCK!!! Fantastic new at your physical!!! Excellent that your dr noticed and complimented you! Glad you are loving the iphone. I have a blackberry and it does make things easier, doesn't it?

I have been struggling a bit. I was fighting a cold (no excuse) and my knee is acting up again. Again, no excuse, I should be used to this by now...I have a call with my "wellness coach" tonight, so we'll come up w/ a plan. I'll give my knee a couple more days and then I may have to call the dr. On a positive note, all is not lost....the scale is holding steady (MUCH better than a gain!)

I have my lunch packed (in a brief moment of weakness last night I almost caved and chose to get takeout instead), water bottles are ready!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #5  

Hi friends....I've been out of town visiting my son, dil and gs. I thought I'd be able to to let you 'know' - but, I didnt have computer access. I am home again - everyone was sick at his home and I was glad to help.

I saw the dermatologist last Thursday - he said that i am healing well and i need to come back in three weeks. I should be able to get the go ahead to schedule my surgery after that. I only have to use the medicine once day instead of 2-3 times a day. I thought it was still looking terrible - but, alot of what I see is scaring.

My food has not been good. I've been 'medicating' with chocolate. Today I must try.

mj - thanks for looking for me. I hope your knee gets to feeling better. We can work on this food stuff again. I know we can do it.

cfmama - glad to see your post.

anewcreation - so glad to hear about your good lab results! Try not to worry about the mammogram - don't worry in 'advance' of something you don't know about, really.

Have a good day friends.

Thanks for thinking of me.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #6  

Good morning friends!

cfmama, how is your day going?

mj5, when I have health issues, stressors, etc. I just focus on maintaining. I just don't think there is anything wrong with that at all so I say good job to you for maintaining during this time! Kudos for packing a healthy lunch and getting the water bottles ready.

Beverlyjoy, I'm so glad to hear that your skin issues are getting better. I hope this gives you some comfort and today is a better day for you. Thank you for your encouraging words.

Back in the pool today. Swam laps for 30 minutes but I tell you it wore me out! I actually felt nauseated just before I stopped! The adult swim instructor is offering evening lessons if he can get just one more person to sign up. That would work so much better for me. Right now there are three of us that are interested so I'm crossing my fingers that they get one more person

I am using my iphone to track my exercise and calories. Since I'm too lazy to write everything down more than once I will just post my calorie goal (set to lose one pound per week) and be accountable with that.

I should be taking in no more than 1450 calories per day. Since I started using the iphone here is my record:

9/10--I went over by 420c
9/11--I was under by 91 calories
9/12--I was under by 26 calories
9/13--I was over by 158 c

As we can all see I have not been very successful at staying within my calories but I am determined to start losing weight (I took the summer off and just maintained) so I know I will get with the program. I just need to start planning my meals again. I have some tried and true low calorie meals that I always love eating so that's my plan for today.

I wish everyone a great OP day!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #7  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Height: 5'

Hi everyone. I'm glad I found this thread. Planning is one of the biggest keys for me and I seem to struggle with it so much. With this being the first full week of school for my oldest, seems like I'm getting into a new routine. BUT, major flaw I haven't added back in the gym yet to my routine. So...I need to do that. I was really excited this morning when I finally got to move my tickers down again. I've been plateauing at 231 for 3.5 weeks now. Finally pushed past! Had the 228 2 mornings...feel good that it's here to stay, well at least until it goes down again. I'll work on coming up with my plan to post next week. Hope you all make good choices this week.
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

It's nice to be back!!!! Thanks for the rewelcome everyone

Today is going fabulous as well. my groove fit class last night KICKED MY *** and it was awesomeness supreme!

Today's menu:
B- yogurt, banana, kashi pumpkin pie granola bar
L- tuna, laughing cow lite, whole wheat pita, mustard, lettuce, applesauce
S- 1 oz cheese and 8 rice crackers
D- 1.5 cups whole wheat spaghetti, 1 cup diced chicken with salsa, 1 cup broccoli

so far so good! Dinner to conquer!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone. Phew, busy day again. Training new staff is fun, but exhausting. It's great to get caught up in their excitement of starting something new though!

Beverlyjoy--Thanks. I know we can both do it!

ANewCreation--Thank you too. Maintaining is good through this.

gottadoit2010--Congrats!!! Yes, I agree, planning is key and getting into a routine is great. You can do it!

cfmama--That sounds like a great class! I LOVE the kashi pumpkin pie granola bars...mmm, must put them on the grocery list.

My knee doesn't seem to be bouncing back, so I called the doctor. I could have seen him Friday, but I have to cover for another manager at work, so I will see him next week. (Yes, I am icing and elevating and staying off it as much as possible) My hubby is being fantastic, as always. The dogs are being super snuggly too (that ALWAYS makes me feel better!)

Tonight hubby has to work late, so I'll just go home and relax. I really want to get back to my gym routine, but I need to rest right now.

OH! I found a new spaghetti squash recipe--w/ spinach and I can't remember what else...I am going to make it this weekend. If it's good I'll share.

Ok, time for my staff meeting, then time to go home and relax!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #10  

Hi chicks..

Yesterday was mostly healthy - I am grateful for any bits of food sanity I can muster. I stayed on my plan until after supper. DH and I went on our weekly jaunt to Dairy Queen where I get my 50 calorie fudge bar. Oh no! - DQ was closed because of a gas leak. So, we went to the other local ice cream joint. They did not have ONE thing healthy (sugar free or low fat). So, I just had regular ice cream - I just did not have the resistence in me. I felt awful after.

I got up today REALLY not wanting to plan and eat what I want. However, I had a healthy breakfast. I took DH to have some outpatient surgery. I took my Beck ‘stuff’ - read my cards, listened to a relaxation tape and this helped. When I got home. I got on the computer and looked up quotes about the power of positive thinking. I read them for five minutes. It helped. I went to the farm market. I am feeling hopeful about today and food.

today:

breakfast - turkey sausage, toast with pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - homemade cream of mushroom soup, lite cheese on rice cake
snack - sf fugde pop, orange
dinner - morningstar bacon, on bread with lettuce, tomato & mayo, corn on the cob
snack - strawberries, rice cake with lc cheese

Hope you are having a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-15-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #11  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I think I'd like to join in. I definitely need the accountability.

B - High fiber porridge, Source vanilla yogurt, blueberries
S - 1/2 granola bar
L - Subway sand. (no cheese)
S - plum
D - Lean Cuisine, broccoli
S - 1 c. 1% milk, 100 calorie pack cookies

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

Day 3 and feeling better!

I ALMOST hit disaster last night... now keep in mind I've been used to eating WHENEVER I wanted during the summer (I still kept track... and didn't eat WHATEVER I wanted though) and that included tiny bits of snacking (and some NOT SO tiny snacking) at night...

So I was hungry last night. I was making kids lunches and took some advil. So I had 1/2 T pb... and then another half... and then ANOTHER half. And THEN two whole wheat saltines.

And then... my husband came into the room and said "day 2 is pretty hard isn't it love?" and I said... "yes it is... and I need to get OUT OF THE KITCHEN and go to bed" and HE SAID "wow.. that takes will power. I'm proud of you. I'm going to go to bed without a snack too"... and then we did

And then? Today I got my period lol!!!!

TOTALLY on plan so far

B- banana, yogurt, pumpkin pie kashi granola bar
L- 2 pan fried in 1 T Sunflower oil Salmon steaks (3 oz each), 2 cups salad with 2 T fat free italian
S- applesauce cup and 2 LC lite wedges
D- SUSHI NIGHT!!!!! I have room for three homemade rolls. Sushi rice, shrimp, avacado, cucumber and nori! no mayo or anything (I never make it that way)

Tonight is also my groove fit class. I'm healing from Monday's so I should be good to go

I hope that everyone is having a great on plan day!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #13  

Hello chickies!

Diagnostic mammo and ultrasound on the right breast today revealed a cyst and fibrous tissue. Follow up in 6 months to make sure there are no changes. Other than that, clean bill of health and boy, am I one happy chick!

Tues: 1448 c
Wed: 1084 c
Exercise: Swim lesson, 60+ minutes in the pool and pretty active the entire time.

Gottadoit2010- good to see you here! Yes, planning is the key and it's always something I struggle with also.

mj5--I'm glad you're taking it easy on your knee. Hoping you're having a nice relaxing evening

cfmama--I always knew you were my hero but being able to walk away from the peanut butter--Wow! BTW, I too am going to put the kashi pumpkin pie bars on my grocery list--that sounds awesome!

Beverlyjoy--sounds like you are right back on plan today--good job!

Judy Lynn--Looking forward to getting to know you too!

Have a great night everyone--see you tomorrow!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #14  

Good morning chicks!! Did mostly well yesterday....finally threw my sf fudge bars in the trash because I just could not stay away from them.

today:

fork down between bites
eat seated only
fork down between bites
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
eat slowly and mindfully
taste the food

breakfast - rice cake, 1/2 banana, turkey sausage
lunch - cheese omlette, toast, roasted green beans
snack - yogurt, strawberries
dinner - cheese toast, tomato soup, tossed salad
snack - oatmeal, raisins, milk

Have a great day!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #15  
NEVER EVER going back

Good morning chickies!!!!!

Groove class again last night. AWESOME!!!!!

Yesterdays food went really well! Ate a bit more sushi than I had planned but no major slips.

Food for today:
B- 1.5 cups rice krispies, 3/4 cup skim milk, applesauce
L- 2 3oz salmon steaks, 2 cups salad, 2 T fat free italian
s- Kashi granola bar, apple
D- 6 small pancakes, 1 T butter, 3 T lite syrup, 1 cup cantaloupe

Have a great on plan day friends!