Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:43 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday - 9/15/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:00 AM   #2  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good morning all-
on MY healthometer digital scale I am down another 1.5 lbs this morning! water intake up and fat percentage going down!!!! So that's 205.5 lbs!! woo hoo,,chasing ONE der land here.......have a great day everyone!!!!!

and if your wondering where the ferret went? It's on "my coach's" head!!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good morning all-
on MY healthometer digital scale I am down another 1.5 lbs this morning! water intake up and fat percentage going down!!!! So that's 205.5 lbs!! woo hoo,,chasing ONE der land here.......have a great day everyone!!!!!

and if your wondering where the ferret went? It's on "my coach's" head!!!!!
Come on. Tell us. Did she respond? Was she defensive? Apologetic? Or didn't even respond?

And, just in passing, SO CLOSE.

Last edited by Linden; 09-15-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Feeling Discouraged - Need Help!!

So I have been on IP for 12 days now. Can't figure out if I am in ketosis or not (no symptoms - bad breath/metallic taste, still hungry - but not as bad). Had great first WI - 6.6 lbs. I have been following the program exacting. No cheating - despite the orientation buffet breakfast I attended with my daughter. So I get on the scale this morning and UGH!!! I gained weight - 0.4 lbs. Granted it, it's not a lot of weight - but still. I was expecting to lose something. I feel so discouraged. Has anyone experienced this? I am wondering if I made the right decision to go with this program. Every other program I have tried has failed, this is my last hope. Need some encouragement.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Default Keep on trucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
So I have been on IP for 12 days now. Can't figure out if I am in ketosis or not (no symptoms - bad breath/metallic taste, still hungry - but not as bad). Had great first WI - 6.6 lbs. I have been following the program exacting. No cheating - despite the orientation buffet breakfast I attended with my daughter. So I get on the scale this morning and UGH!!! I gained weight - 0.4 lbs. Granted it, it's not a lot of weight - but still. I was expecting to lose something. I feel so discouraged. Has anyone experienced this? I am wondering if I made the right decision to go with this program. Every other program I have tried has failed, this is my last hope. Need some encouragement.
I know the feeling as I was there yesterday or so. I think it's a matter of a day or so and bowel movements. Today is day 15 for me and I'm down 10 total, Mon a.m. and Tues am. I was only down 7 even after excersing. You'll notice some days I think that it might take your body to settle. I don't think I was in ketosis til around 10 days and now I'm just starting to waking with bad breath at 15 days.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Melanie, little weight fluxuations are normal. It could be a simple as whether or not you have had a bowel movement. Don't stress the little things. You need to look at the bigger pictures and see the general direction you are heading. Giving up only says to yourself you can't succeed. Be tough and tell yourself you can!

Last edited by Marionm; 09-15-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Nursemel, I'm wondering if you are exercising. You should not exercise at all for the first 2-3 weeks, and after that, you still shouldn't get your heart rate too high. Keep it under 50-60% of max. You can stall out your ketosis with exercise and burn muscle instead of fat. Walking is a good exercise to do after the first few weeks, but even with that, keep that heart rate down. If you lost 6.6 lbs. the first week, I think you chose the right plan. Maybe you're not one who can weigh yourself everyday without freaking out over a slight gain. Remember that 16 oz. of water weighs a pound, and that a good b.m. can cause you to lose 2-3 pounds. Don't sweat such a small gain. It's not a gain of fat.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Top of the Mornin' to Everyone!!!
Hope today is a wonderful IP day for everyone.
Don't forget to post your weekly weight for the Hallowe'en Challenge!!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #9  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning everyone,
I woke up to a beautiful fall morning in Alabama. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Talk to you later, Judy
Old 09-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 149/123/110

Height: 4'11"

Had my weigh in yesterday - down to 123.4, only about 2 & half lbs down from last week. I'm going to work extra hard to make it to 120 next week!

Have a healthy day everyone
Old 09-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #11  

Hello everyone,
Coastalcrafter - How is your daughter doing? I am praying for her. It is so upsetting when your babies are in need of more than we as parents can give them. Stay strong.

I had the best breakfast. omelet mix with a cup of asparagas cut small and a cup of spinach. yummy

I also had a funnyy thing happen to me yesterday... I was taking a pee and smelt something funny, so I was checking the trash my arm pits.... then i realized that I have had asparagas so many time this week it was me...I made myself blush and cry from laughing so hard. I better cut it to once a day at least. isnt there a childrens book that had an asparagas that was sad because other veggies made fun of his pee?

Great job everyone, and have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #12  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Good morning! Trying to stay on track this week. Our daughter is here visiting this week from AZ. Last night she wanted to go to a great Italian place for dinner. I looked at her and said, really. You think they will have something for me there? Oops, she said. So she went and picked up dinner for herself and her dad. I stayed on program She is so encouraging!

Tonight I am having a birthday party at my house for two of my kids. Ordered a cake so I wouldn't be tempted to lick the spoons while making one. The left over cake will be going home with them! Planning on grilling chicken so dinner won't be hard for me.

This weekend we have a wedding so am hoping that there is steamed veggies and lean meats there. I shouldn't have a problem at the buffet. I have never eaten large amounts in front of people. Like they can't tell I over eat! HA! I must be a closet eater. Only hard part amount a wedding reception is not having alcohol. I guess I'll be the DD that night.

Anyway, hoping that I make it through this week on program. Wish me luck.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 303.5/239/200

Height: 5'6"

Hi, Anyone ever "stall" for a month or two. It seems as though nothing is happening for me since the beginning of the summer. I hit a weight, stay there for 3 weeks, lose 5 pounds then hover for 3 weeks or so then lose 5 more. I'm up to 6 paks a day (very expensive and my coach wont let me use other products) because I was losing muscle not fat with extra lean proteins thrown in. Not allowed to exercise for fear of losing more muscle mass - and at this rate (of not only food and money) I'm not too sure how much longer I can afford this. Its $168/week for food and when I need the supplements I'm so broke. anyone have any good advice for me? I've done so well, averaging 3 - 4 pounds per week and have been soo committed and following protocols but when week after week the scale doesn't budge, its very discouraging. I see how well you all do and wonder what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Default It's going to be a great day!

Good morning!!

Had a great meeting with an RN/diabetic educator to start me on IP yesterday. She gave me great advice on my meds and insulin (I'm Type II but on 2 kinds of insulin). She was quite excited on my chances for decreasing my meds and insulin as I lose weight. I am on my way!!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 258/237/160

Height: 5'9"

Good morning! So excited to find this. I can't believe I found something where for once in my life I am not "hungry." I really want the food, but am not craving it like I was. The first 3 days were awful!! But now 4 weeks later, I am down 21 pounds and 17.5 inches. I am still in the poor into the shaker and make it stage and so am reading ideas for other ways to use the protein packs. What is the Halloween challenge?
Closed Thread