20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default ◉◉◉Team Athena Weeks 3-6 Chat◉◉◉

I know I'm early, but if I don't post them tonight, I won't be able to until tomorrow night...

Good luck everyone!!!

Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Here is your Team:

AllyBride2011
BassAckwards
bbg200
carcar05
dayoneagain
dcapulet
ellie6388
freedomreins
JasonsLea
JessicaRT
KimL1214 (Team Leader)
Lliaa
Mandaloef
Nessa411
oOPeanutOo
Sakai
SarahD140
scandalouschicky
southernbelle102
twinkletoes23
Old 09-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #2  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

uhg... wow.. So I started that time of the month and I decided I just couldn't go to the gym.. it was a sleep until 1pm kinda day and then chicken noodle soup for lunch...

then I made the wise decision to drive down to my parents house and make enchiladas.. I had one.. ONE and I'm stuffed. I really want to go to the gym but my body is so blah...
Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 AM   #3  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi -

I just need a hug. it's been a really long week, and on to the next really long week. I did not meet my exercise goals this week for the first time in MONTHS. I feel horrible about it. I am back on the wagon and moving on, but right now I feel so tired and lousy (and sick with some kind of virus) and I'm really worried I'm going to put back on the little weight I have lost (11lbs in total). I know I want to move on, but right now it seems like a dead end.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:10 AM   #4  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

>-----HUGS------<

Crazy to think that we are on week 3 already! OH MY.. it will get better just keep truckin along

*KIM
is there going to be another challenge after this one? like back to back? how much time is usually between each one? I'm asking because I'm going to start school up again and when our challenge is over I'm afraid of falling off the wagon with school thrown in the mix...
Old 09-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #5  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Jessica - time IS flying! not sure how that happens, but it does...

Last edited by dcapulet; 09-13-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

Morning Athena's!

I am in a great mood this morning! Ready to lose some weight! I'm about to do the morning bus stop drop and hopefully (fingers crossed) walk with the neighbors as we didn't walk at all last week, I still got some exercise in but it's nice to walk and talk.

Not much on tap today, 3 weeks until school starts but starting next week I'll have to start doing some stuff to prepare for classes, so this is my last week to get my own stuff done. I will finish the 30 day shred today (it will have taken me about 40 days but I wouldn't have made it past day 7 if I didn't take some breaks). I'm supposed to finish week 5 of c25k on thursday with a 20 min run so we'll have to see, tues is (2) eight minute runs with a 3 or 5 min walk break. so if I can't do 20 I will do 10 with a break and not stress. I'm trying to not let me perfectionism invaid my exercise in fear that if I can't do it perfectly I won't do it at all.

Have a great day!
Old 09-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/151/145

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone... Hope all is well.

Last week was super busy and this wont be much better until about Wednesday when things slow down. Had a good weekend food wise... I guess thats one thing about being busy. Am learning and doing a better job with if you splurge a little here (french toast) just cut back a little there... kinda stuff. Seems to be working down a bit more this morning.

Just had some curry rice noodles for lunch... yum!

Oh! and found out yesterday my fiance is buying me a treadmill for my birthday... SUPER pumped about that!!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

Okay so I am very jealous of ya'll with busy lives. I am so bored right now, I check these boards all day long! I know that will change in about 3 weeks when I'll be full force into school. You would think I would be busy with a 2 year old, but w/o his brother here he just lounges about all day watching movies (I'm not worried about his lazy lifestyle, he can be full force).

I didn't realize I was the biggest loser from our team this week! I must confess that I used my wed. weigh in weight though, I am trying not to weigh all the time due to flux. so Sundays are not a good weigh in day for me, the "weekend water weight" gets to me. So Wed. is my no excuse true blue in your face weight. Of course with TOM right around the corner, after finding out I was biggest loser, I promptly binged on animal crackers, I'll be easy on myself though (maybe I'm too easy on myself) it could have been a lot worse!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #9  

Congrats on being the biggest loser Ellie! You did a good job. Animal crackers aren't a bad choice. I'm sure you'll be fine! What are you goign to school for? Or are you a teacher?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #10  

Height: 5'10

All I have to say is that this week has been BAD for eating ... ugh. I need to knock it off! lol
Old 09-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Congrats Ellie!!

This has been a hard week for me as well. I have disc problems with my back and I think my back is on the verge of going out again I have been in bed all day long resting it. I have 4 more photo shoots this week so I am really worried that I will get stuck having to reschedule some of them if my back gives out.

Weight loss for me has stayed pretty steady lately. So, thats a good thing. This weekend, I hosted a baby shower for my best friend and it was the first time that I have seen most of those people since I have lost any weight. It was really nice to see that they saw a difference in my appearance. It really has taken a while for me to even see a difference. 55 lbs down and I can FINALLY see it!

Good luck to everyone this week!!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

I’m going to join in what seems to be the common consensus of having a bad week. I haven’t been to work in a few days as my problem with Chronic Fatigue is really flaring up at the moment. Little activity and copious amounts of chocolate are bound to play havoc with the scale.

Southernbelle102 – I’m glad people started to see a difference. Hopefully that gives you added motivation.

AllyBride2011 – Yay for the treadmill. Have you given your fiancé any hints as to which one you want?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #13  

I got my treadmill!!

After my fiance let the cat out of the bag that I was getting one... he also told me that he was stuck choosing between two. We went out that night and looked but felt unsure... so we went out looking again on Monday to several stores and found the perfect one. It was on sale! and super sturdy plus it has all the bells and whistles I could want. I walked on it last night while I was watching my shows and it was great. Feels just as nice as the gym ones. Its a Livestrong 9.9 from Dicks. I <3 it!! Yay for not having to go out in the snow in the morning to work out. Hoooray I've done that for years... so excited!

Eating has been going pretty good for me this week... I've been super busy at work which helps. Went grocery shopping on Sunday which also helps. Am cooking a low point potato soup in my crockpot right now. And am having a hankering for chicken broccoli and rice tonight. Ever tried basmati rice? Its awesome!! Hope things start looking up for those of you having a bad week. Lets kick some butt!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #14  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

AllyBride2011~ Congrats on the new treadmill!!! Funny that you want chicken, rice and broccoli as I made a WW casserole last night that had chicken, rice, broccoli, rstd. red peppers, onions, and cheezy goodness. I was surprised at how good it was!!!

oOPeanutOo~ I'm sorry to hear you're not doin well this week Hope things turn around!

southernbelle102~ Oh no! How is your back??? Lots of CONGRATS on 55lbs., that's AWESOME!!!

BassAckwards
~ How are you doing today?

ellie6388~ Congrats on being the BIGGEST LOSER this week!!! What are you going to school for?

JessicaRT~ There'll be a week off in-between and then the next challenge will start. I will put up a sign up thread for the next challenge at the end of the 5th week of this challenge. How is TOM treating you?

dcapulet~ How are you doing???

Sorry I've been MIA, I've been super busy with all of the results stuff and hiking with the 7th grade on Monday, then my mom's computer wouldn't work last night... it's been a bit of a crazy week! I saw a new number on the scale this morning which has me excited as the number I saw yesterday was also new and something I was happy with, now I'm REALLY happy. It's good to finally start seeing the numbers move as I have been kicking my own butt for weeks now, with only the one Olive Garden slip!!! I got my gym membership last night as the chilly weather is arriving, and as much as I like walking in 40-50 degree weather, I know the 0-30 degree weather is not far away, and I do NOT like walking in that. I'm hoping I can get myself going to the gym enough so that it's no big deal when I have to switch from outside to full time gym.
Our kids are learning about calories right now, so I'm going to listen in... Have a happy HUMP DAY!!! Closer to Friday!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #15  

Had a super hungry day yesterday... what the heck causes those. I usually get one reallly hungry day about once every two weeks I'd say. Even when I eat a normal dinner that would usually make me stuffed I'm still starving. Unfortunately yesterday was my hungry day and also a day off from work so I didn't have my normal routine. I'm sure I ate more than normal but when I realized it was getting to be too much I removed myself from the house and went shopping at the mall. This morning I did gain like 1.5 lbs since yesterday but I don't believe it. Today I'm gonna focus on getting all my water in... maybe I was thirsty instead of hungry?

I made a new recipe that is on here for potato soup...YUM-O! it's super easy too you just do a bag of frozen hash browns, chicken stock, water, and country gravy powder, salt and pepper. I made it in the crock pot and it made tons!! I highly recommend it.
Closed Thread