Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 02:10 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#297

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just taking a lunch break....at 2:00 in the afternoon! YIKES! Went out to work and then came home to pee and eat my salad. Gotta head back out again in a minute.

Please be sure and check the last thread if you didn't read from everyone.

Jen: I'm glad to see that fast food places are now making it a little easier to stay on some sort of healthy path. Most have salads of some sort (just watch the dressings), and almost all of them have a grilled chicken sandwich that without the mayo or honey mustard sauce is actually quite reasonable. The only one I haven't been able to find reasonable is Taco Bell, but then all of their stuff is just plain yummy!!!!

2cute: WOW! I never knew that about searching the site. I sure could have used the info a long time ago though! Where the heck were you BEFORE I spent hours searching????

Steph: Oh you brave girl, starting a new debate! I think those people sueing fast food are out of their minds!!! I certainly know that when I have a burger it's not as healthy as a salad. Give me a break!!! The sad part is, they'll probably win! So much for the judicial system....but then that's another debate too!

Katrina: Well, I'm glad somebody finally said something to bring you out of hiding! It is very hard to look past that number on the scale. I think there is a huge lack of confidence in most women of size.

Well girls, gotta go get that other job done. See ya later.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #3  

Tuesday tip: Don't turn the oven on when your sons birthday cake is in the oven with a plastic cover on it!!!!

Laugh or cry, does not change that I did it!!! Oh well less temptation in the house.

Get this: Last night I cooked a big ole pot of veggies. Cabbage, potatoe, turnip, carrotts, onions then I cooked some turkey ham on the george forman......so I had this huge plate of food for little pts. Only the potatoe and the ham counted and if you have turkey ham its really LOW in pts. Just thought I'd share that, incase someday you need a low pt meal and want a lot to eat. Tonight Im throwing it all in a fry pan coated with pam and kinda frying it.......we call it hash here and will be little pts again. And today I did almost 1 1/2 miles of the WATP tape then went for a 1/2 mile walk for real. That scale better move its numbers down this week, cause I'm drinking water and water and water and water.....I'm gonna float away. I think I need the potty hooked to my bottom.

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 03-11-2003, 02:39 PM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Gee ... I just posted my longgggg post again on the last page and so I have to post a short one here to be sure I get my email notice when someone posts. LOL

Sandy.... I think I will laugh at that one.
Only because I have dont it "twice" myself. LOL

I was getting unexpected company in 15 minutes and my kitchen was a MESS so I took all of my dirty dishes and put them inside the oven. (no dishwasher back then)
WEll... I totally forgot about them. Next day I went to preheat my oven for dinner... and something started stinking.
Yep... bake Tupperware.
Then a month or so later I did it AGAIN !!!! DUH
Only this time... the company was there !!!!!
So much for my little secret.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:20 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

ANOTHER secret divulged by 2cute!
Old 03-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #6  

Kat... you know what they say....
"You are as fat as you are secretive"
Since I am the fattest one here... that means... hold on to your seats. LOL
I have some humdingers waiting to fall off this body.
LOTS OF THEM !!!!! 300+
Old 03-11-2003, 04:14 PM   #7  

Exclamation WOW! So many posts!

There's so many posts and so little time. how do I respond to them all. Ok here goes.

Thin: Thanks for the encouragement, and on the salad dressing issue at fast food, I keep a bottle of lowfat with me at all times. This time of year its easy to keep in car without spoiling, but what will I do in summer??

Sandy: Bummer on the cake! I would have cried first Then I would have laughed about it. But just so ya know, your not the only one to have done such a thing . I had stuck a leftover turkey from thanksgiving in the oven and forgot all about it and a week later turned on the oven, well imagine the smell! And I can sooo relate to the water issue. I really think I am going to float away as well.

2cute:I do have pics of myself, I just don't want to admit it or see them ever. I will take some now though because I do want to see a true before and after. I am also on video, no thanks to my husband.
Ok I just proofread my post and it sounded so hostile. I really don't mean to come across that way, so please, forgive me if I offended. I just hate the way I look so much that I guess the anger comes across in my typing. my apologies.
bobsgal: On the fast food lawsuit issue. I don't agree with suing at all, so that does irritate me, because I too feel that people are so quick to blame others and if it weren't for all the frivolous lawsuits out there cost of many things would be much less. But I do think that fast food places also need to take some responsibility, yes we know it is bad for us, but when they keep supersizing and advertising it is more and more difficult. Even though I am still responsible for my own desicion. That's all I have to say on that.

Kat: I may have worded that wrong about the picture showing the true me, because I do love myself,(sometimes maybe too much) but I guess what I meant to say was that I don't feel half as big as that person in the picture. I know its just numbers, but I sometimes feel like I am fooling myself, and think I am thinner when I am really a huge ! Well anyway. Thanks for pointing that out, because we all need to love ourselves before we can love anyone else.

Anyway, I guess I have spouted enough. I must go and clean this place called home, so the kids can come home and mess it up so I can go do it again tomorrow.

I think I will crank up the music and make it a work out. Woo hoo! big step there!

TTFN to all!

Last edited by kidmeister; 03-11-2003 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:55 PM   #8  

Just wanted to clarify that the cake was from the weekend when we had his party. It was what was left of the cake, but I know there was like over half of it still. But, like I said less temptation for me.

Deon, wow a week old turkey, bet that was one baddddddd smell. And about loving yourself, so true!!! I have come to terms with myself, and I do like the person I grew up to be. I do not like the shell on the outside, but am fixing that.

Wanted you all to know what a good talk I had with my dad today. Remember I told you all about the alcoholism. Well, anyway I took my son over today to get his birthday gift and dad and I ended up having a meaningful talk. "Truth be known, I think he had had a few" But I told him things that bothered me and he agreed that he was not the best father and had made a lot of mistakes and was sorry but there was no way he could take them back, which is true. He complimented me on always being a good kid and what a wonderful LADY I had turned into. Yes my dad called me a LADY. That word to me mean so much more that woman. A Lady seems to earn a lot of respect in my book. He told me he was glad and proud I had made a good life for myself and that I was a good mom. He admited about the alcohol and said he was young and foolish and didnt know half of what he was doing. This is true too (he and my mom had me when they were just 17) and my dad had full custody of me and my brother when he was 20 and in the service. So, yes maybe life was not easy. But NO I will not make excuses for him, I've done that all my life and will not do it anymore!!! I told him I was jelous of my little brother and his relationship with him (he is 12, I feel like he is my son) But that I was 33 and dealing with it. He said he understood, and knew he was a much better father now than then. Okay enough of my life~~~~sorry. Maybe I need to put this in my journal, I think I will!!! Major day in my life I guess.

Talk to you all later,
Love and Hugs,
Sandy
Old 03-11-2003, 07:40 PM   #9  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Hey chickies...

I'm here. My food has not been really good here lately. I think I got a little too free with my well, I can eat more points today and I'll just exercise more thinking. That type of thinking can come up and bite you in the I did go to WI today and I was up 1.8 lbs. but that's ok. I think possibly the only reason I was only up that much is because of all the exercise I've been doing. I went back and looked at my points for the last two weeks and out of the last 14 days, 6 of those....I had what I called "free point" days. Which means, I decided to eat what I wanted and then exercise really hard. Not too good, huh? I know, but I'm doing better now. Well, first thing tomorrow because you know I just had to have a birthday cupcake. I bought cupcakes for Trey's birthday, they are not nearly as tempting to me as a whole cake. It burns me up sometimes though....I just think if I could have all those "free point" days back and made better decisions that day....oh well, I'm sure you can finish the sentence. But that's part of learning, you know. Accepting the things you can't change and trying to make the future better.

I know I owe you all replies, but I've got company on the way here, so I will say this to 2cute since she's a little confused. DH never took the picture. My camera is very quirky. If you take a picture, you have to allow at least 5 seconds before you take the next one. If you push the button before it's ready to take the next picture, it just sets it further and further back. I handed the camera to dh and all he had to do was take the picture of me and Tony, but while I was talking to him, (Tony) Ron had taken a picture of Tony right as I had asked him if we could get a picture together, so my stupid camera was not quite ready to take another one. So Ron's standing there click..click..clicking away on the camera and it's not doing a blasted thing. So Ron's standing there forever and it's just not working and Tony said, "Come on guys" cause we were holding up 550 more people and when Tony said that, Ron just gave up and never took the picture. It was quite hilarious though....you should have seen the look on Ron's face. He knew he was in for it!

Ok, company just pulled in the driveway.....I will be back later.

Love you guys!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:09 PM   #10  

Okay Tina.... so what you are telling me is... you don't want to share that pic of Tony and you together. FINE !!!

Just kidding. I thought he took it of you "at least standing" by Tony for goodness sakes. MEN !!!!
You should have kicked him in the butt at least. LOL

I just got back from eating out and I was such a "GOOD GIRL" !!!
I substituted 2 salads for my fries and coleslaw.

Sandy... you are making some MAJOR headway on your emotional recovery !!!! I am soooo proud of you. Is your journal open or private?

Deon... I did not take your post as hostile at all. You have nothing to apologize for. It is so easy to misinterept when people are writing. My one daughter used to write papers in school and read them to me. Then I would read the same words back to her and let her see how it could be misinterepted. It always amazed her how different people could make things sound.

Let's see... since I want to lose this weight so badly is there another secret I could let go of. Hmmmm
NOPE !! I guess I am not in the mood of "confessions" tonight. LOL Maybe in a few days.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:11 PM   #11  

Yes my journal is open
Old 03-12-2003, 06:09 AM   #12  

Smile Feeling Better Today

Wowzers, did anyone find me a little off kilter for me yesterday? What an emotional breakdown/breakthrough it was. Sorry to lay that all on you guys, but I know you will listen. Today is better.

I've woken up refreshed and ready to start my day. I just gotta steal the before anyone gets up so I can do my video and get this body moving. Today is not WI for me, but the scale is looking okay and I will post that tomorrow (Thursdays, like always) My food is still on plan.

I gotta go to work today, but will try to pop in from there, but the boss has been there a lot lately, makes it hard to pop in a read for a while but I will try.

Gotta poof for a while, so catch ya later chickees....

Hugs and Love to all,
Sandy
Old 03-12-2003, 07:52 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Where is everyone? just one post since yesterday
Old 03-12-2003, 10:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Come out, come out, wherever you are. Where is everyone? I was hoping to have a lot of posts to read this morning. I'll check back later.
Steph
Old 03-12-2003, 10:29 AM   #15  

I did it again!!! I changed my picture next to my name....LOL, but I was just poking around and saw this one and you all know how I am with the scales.....on them 50x's a day. I can just picture my poor scales doing this to me, so I think it is fitting.....hehehehe

Where is everyone? Oly Oly oxen free!!!

Love and Hugs,
Sandy
Closed Thread