Old 09-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Not sure what to believe...

So I was weighing myself once a month. That really was nice for one month, then I started messing up big time and started weighing everyday. That number staring at me in the face really helps motivate me, at least at the moment.
Anyhow, this whole week I have been losing like a pound a day...is that even possible? I have no idea if I should believe it or not. Like I weighed in at 210 on 9/6 and today on 9/10 I weighed in at 207...is this even possible? I'm not sure what's causing it. I'm eating plenty...hitting the gym everyday. And I have not just started losing weight. I am not sure if I should go ahead and change my ticker or if I will end up disappointed when all the sudden I am back up to 210.
Is this making any sense? Sometimes I feel like I'm crazy....
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224 211 180

Height: 6ft

That has happened to me. It could just be water weight, but when it happened to me recently it was real weight because I ate bad for a couple of days after and the weight didn't come back on.

But don't worry about it! Just be happy that it's going in the right direction and maybe start weighing yourself once a week or something like that?
Congrats on losing the weight by the way! :-D
AmandaMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #3  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I always count when I hit a new low and try not to worry too much when it fluctuates back up (as it will).

When I've gone "off plan" for a while and gained weight, I noticed the weight comes off again very quickly once I'm back to routine. A lot of the weight gained when messing up isn't really fat, but water and the weight of the food. This might be what is happening to you this week.

I'd count those are real loses to keep you motivated by setting the bar to a new low!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

If you continue to weigh daily, you will start to see pattern. It IS possible to lose three pounds in three days. That's how I tend to lose my weight. I lose big for three days, then nothing the entire rest of the month. This is why weekly weighing did not work for me. But now I know about when to expect the whoosh and about when to expect the stall.

It's possible you were retaining water and it's just shedding itself now.

Do you chart your weight on a graph? You might like that. Chart your weight monthly (or weekly) and watch how it TRENDS downward. I get a kick out of it. I may not see it day to day but over time it's pretty cool.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It's absolutely possible. Though please don't get to used to it, there's only so long it can last.

During the time I was losing, I weighed every day (accountability), but only *officially* counted and noted it (in my journal, on my ticker) on Mondays.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/172.6/145

Height: 5'6

When it happens to me, I usually try to hold my breath for a bit and not get too attached to the number just in case. I wait 3 days before believing it's a real loss, and then I count it.
AlyssaMcN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

That has happened to me too - I lose very quickly for a little while, then it slows down, then I lose quickly again. I just know when the slow times come as long as I'm on plan, I'll see the quick losses again. My slow times aren't even very long, like a week at the most - and I'm still losing during those times, just not at the higher rate. Also I do the same as Robin, I weigh everyday and log it on fitday, but only change my ticker here on Fridays, Friday's number is the "real" number, to me.

Last edited by sept15lija; 09-10-2010 at 04:17 PM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #8  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks everyone for you input. It was very helpful!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote