Old 09-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/163/149

Height: 5'5

Default Discouraged

I went off plan for one day, Labor day. I made a choice. I still ordered salads with the dressing on the side as my lunch and dinner. (Which is hard at Hard Rock Cafe, and the Cheesecake Factory) I went to a food festival and didn't eat anything. Didn't go overboard for breakfast either. I did have low fat frozen yogurt twice with fresh fruit. I walked a lot all over downtown Denver and ran on the treadmill in the hotel gym for an hour. I still gained a pound and a half. I am back on plan and have the same dizziness and headache that I had when I first started. This really makes me worry about the long term sustainability of the weight loss on this plan. I quit weight watchers which works because I was weary of counting points. This program is way more expensive and I wonder if I can eat off of a list for the rest of my life. My co-worker lost 30 pounds a year ago on Body for Life and has kept it off not really by following the eating plan anymore, but by exercising 6 days a week. A big part of maintenance on Weigh Watchers is exercise too. I would be willing to exercise every day if I could have the occasional frozen yogurt or more than one piece of fruit a day. My one piece of fruit is the highlight of my day. I don't care about bread and would gladly exchange my starch for an apple. (God created fruit, not Melba Toast) I weigh in at the end of the week. Hopefully the pound and a half will be gone by then.
bbygrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbygrl77 View Post
I went off plan for one day, Labor day. I made a choice. I still ordered salads with the dressing on the side as my lunch and dinner. (Which is hard at Hard Rock Cafe, and the Cheesecake Factory) I went to a food festival and didn't eat anything. Didn't go overboard for breakfast either. I did have low fat frozen yogurt twice with fresh fruit. I walked a lot all over downtown Denver and ran on the treadmill in the hotel gym for an hour. I still gained a pound and a half. I am back on plan and have the same dizziness and headache that I had when I first started. This really makes me worry about the long term sustainability of the weight loss on this plan. I quit weight watchers which works because I was weary of counting points. This program is way more expensive and I wonder if I can eat off of a list for the rest of my life. My co-worker lost 30 pounds a year ago on Body for Life and has kept it off not really by following the eating plan anymore, but by exercising 6 days a week. A big part of maintenance on Weigh Watchers is exercise too. I would be willing to exercise every day if I could have the occasional frozen yogurt or more than one piece of fruit a day. My one piece of fruit is the highlight of my day. I don't care about bread and would gladly exchange my starch for an apple. (God created fruit, not Melba Toast) I weigh in at the end of the week. Hopefully the pound and a half will be gone by then.
This is not the program you will be on for the rest of your life. During stabilization, you will begin to add carbs back into your diet (a bit at a time). Then, during maintenance, you do calorie counting. I'm getting close and I'm really going to be happy to give up the &*%$ melba toast!

This program is hard, but being fat is harder. That's my motto. The weight comes off quickly IF you follow the program. If you don't follow it completely, it's a long, miserable time. I tried to follow a program identical to this (Results Weight Loss) a few years ago and was mad about it, tried to do it MY way, etc. I lost 25lbs and gained back 50. I'm in this for the long haul - it's too hard to lose weight!
Good luck!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

Height: 5'5"

bbygrl77 Hang in there you are doing great!! You are making good choices just think what you could have done. The extra salt in foods at restaurants will get you every time! Just remember to drink lots of extra water when you eat out. Also try the fat & carb blocker, that helps too.
I'm not sure why you are having dizziness unless it is dehydration but if it continues you should check with your doctor. I get headaches and still do when I eat junk. Are you drinking caffiene again? Then having to detox?

I am replying to your post to give you hope. Your stats are very close to mine. I started program Sept 2009 and completed all phases of program. I am currently on maintenance, which I will be on for the rest of my life. So far I'm loving every minute of it. Program has been so worth it for me. I too tried WW but just couldn't keep the weight off. I think they lose something when they don't follow you along during maintenance. I'm a lifetime member. I still make bad choices now and then but I dust myself off and get back on. Stabilization is a wonderful time of discovery. You may just find your trigger food and know to stay away from it. A friend of mine found hers was peanut butter and I found that mine is milk. Those make us gain even when we stick to program. I started maintenance on May 12th 2010 and I am holding steady within 3lbs (133-136) I'm not an exercise guru... I walk about 30 minutes 3-5 times a week. I am still being monitored by the clinic and will be for about 8 months. They are so helpful!!
You CAN do this so hang in there and you will be so proud of yourself!!!
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/163/149

Height: 5'5

Not dehydrated. Drinking and peeing all day. Don't use caffeine. Sorry for pity party. When you are surrounded by size 0 and size 3 women who can eat twice as much as you and don't gain weight it is not easy especially when u order healthier options that don't taste very good, exercise, and still gain weight. (one person ordered three pieces of cheesecake) This forum is the only real support that i have. I think food addiction is harder to overcome than drug addiction, because you HAVE TO EAT, and food is everywhere. Thanks for the support and stay strong.
bbygrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbygrl77 View Post
Not dehydrated. Drinking and peeing all day. Don't use caffeine. Sorry for pity party. When you are surrounded by size 0 and size 3 women who can eat twice as much as you and don't gain weight it is not easy especially when u order healthier options that don't taste very good, exercise, and still gain weight. (one person ordered three pieces of cheesecake) This forum is the only real support that i have. I think food addiction is harder to overcome than drug addiction, because you HAVE TO EAT, and food is everywhere. Thanks for the support and stay strong.
Pity parties are allowed! I have been mad for years about how little I could eat compared to my friends and still gain weight. I finally realized that these are the cards I was dealt and I have to, well, deal with it.

A couple of thoughts...size 0 and size 3 women are not the norm. You may be surrounded by it, but to keep that size, you either have to be genetically gifted or seriously restrictive in diet. Many times, they may order that way, but don't eat that way all the time. And 3 pieces of cheesecake? I would seriously question whether or not this person has an eating disorder. Even if she doesn't, the amount of damage that can do to your heart and cholesterol, not to mention the lack of nutritional value, is scary.

I agree, this is like a drug addiction. That's why I've chosen to move on from feeling sorry for myself and acting like a victim to taking it head-on like I'm in a war. I would never judge you for where you're at, emotionally. I would just encourage you to keep growing, challenging yourself, and questioning those self-defeating thoughts that get you no where. I've been there - it's not pretty!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #6  
Sieze the Day

S/C/G: 180/161.5/140

Height: 5'3"

bbygrl77 - you and I started at almost the exact time and have just about the same amount to lose. This is all still new and there is a learning curve. Focus on short term goals first - like mine was getting below 170 - and try not to look too far ahead in the future. I too made a choice to go off program on Labor Day and gained a half pound at my weigh in on Tuesday. As my husband always says "it is what it is" which we now just say iiwii.

I spent a day feeling sorry for myself and then decided all I could do was start again from where I was. I went in today and in just two days I'm down a pound. So that's the half I gained and another half for just doing what I know works.

Hang in there. It will get better and in the meantime this is a great place to hang out and know you are amoung friends who get it.
soon2b1hotmama is offline   Reply With Quote