Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/08/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post.

Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #2  

Default Yesterday's news

Our top stories this morning:
  • IP increases sex drives -- sometimes the IPer, sometimes the spouse
  • Dissenting opinions on Walden Farms "peanut butter" (WF PB)product.
  • Tune in today to see whether the "Loves it" crowd can come from behind to lure the curious to their side.
  • Oh, and 2 of the 3FC Iowan IPrs discoverered that they use the same clinic!

It was a quiet night in IP-ville, making this recapper happy for the fewer posts, yet sad for the decreased fun and frivolity.
Yesterday's thread at 9:54 EDT
  • candace5 checked in for the WF PB reviews
  • LBM finished Day 8 on Ideal Protein and is feeling poorly and wants your advice on minimizing the flu-like symptoms
  • JessicaCourez provided some info for new folks and regulars, and has decided that despite friends "please don't lose anymore weight" comments, she's going for fitting in her "happy weight" jeans
  • wyoangel asked about miracle noodles. If I recall correctly, they are a YES on IP.
  • Joplin shared some good advice about WF PB
  • Linden and WannabeIP provided a tip about and a one-word review of the miracle noodles
  • and Petclerk gave wyoangel some proper cheering for her week 1 weight loss of 7 lbs.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Originally Posted by Joplin
Hey Momma Jen! You are looking HOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher
Mammajen--You are awesome!! I am getting ready to start IP next week after appointments with Dr. and coach. Did you exercise while you were losing the weight?

Hi Joplin & Traveling Stitcher. Thanks for your kind words on the Progress Photo thread. Exercise, especially at the start of the plan is not recommended. I can't live without exercise so I decreased my activity level and now I walk 30 minutes per day.
FYI: The thread with the pictures is just for pictures. Post your comments and questions here on the daily thread to get in on the action and learn all about the Ideal Protein Plan.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #4  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Thank You oh Wise Wizard of Oz! oops I mean I'm svelting!
My little cubby lion now has another trail to take on MY journey!!
Will post again later, running late for work cause I had to read yesterday's posts....hugs to all!!!!!zoom.. off she goes...
Old 09-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!

Just popping in to say I was very happy with my weigh in last night: down another 3.8 pounds!

DH is just 6 pounds away from phase 2 but says he wants to wait for me
My thoughts are that he'll HAVE to phase before me otherwise he may be below his goal weight which I don't think is a great idea.

Will go back and read up on last nights activities later on today!

Danielle
Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #6  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Well my life has been pretty crazy for the past couple of days, so I have been lurking more than posting!! Tonight is my Week 3 weigh in, and I will get my starting weight for the Halloween challenge! I have to say I feel great. I did have a dreaded bar on Monday, but that was after celebrating Labor Day with a 90 minute Spin class!

I really am enjoying IP!!! Everyone have a great day!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #7  

As a newbie I am curious how you all decided your goal weight? I started at 215 and my goal weight is 160. I am 5 9. I would like to be in a size 10 I am in a 14 now. I picked 160 because that is what I weighed before I had my first child and I remember really loving my figure then. plus in my head i felt like losing 50 lbs while daunting I can do that but losing 60 lbs to me and for me just seemed so much I just did not think I could succeed! How did you all decide your goal weight?
Old 09-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/207/174

Height: 4'11"

WOW! I'm down an overall 7lbs & can't seem to believe it. Being the suspicious person I am, I did not start the IP program by completely following all the recommendations. I began with an altered plan of sorts whereby I have sworn off rice, bread & potatoes (no easy feat for me).

Now the only carbs in my diet (pretty much) consist of veggies in my salad or as a side to my protein. I make sure I don't cheat & don't often feel the need to.
This virtual community has been very inspirational & quite supportive. I appreciate you all.

Cheers!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDWS View Post
As a newbie I am curious how you all decided your goal weight? I started at 215 and my goal weight is 160. I am 5 9. I would like to be in a size 10 I am in a 14 now. I picked 160 because that is what I weighed before I had my first child and I remember really loving my figure then. plus in my head i felt like losing 50 lbs while daunting I can do that but losing 60 lbs to me and for me just seemed so much I just did not think I could succeed! How did you all decide your goal weight?
I basically decided I wanted to be at about 20% body fat and did the math to figure out what that means based on where I'm at now. The number will end up changing a little I'm sure. Based on when I can remember my best weight, I think it's a good goal but I've had 3 children and 25 years since then, so we'll see what the differences are when I get close.

I think it's that way for everyone. A goal is good, but as you get closer you can make a better determination of exactly where you want to be.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
I picked mine by looking at what weight loss it would take for me to be at a healthy BMI. I wouldn't get too hung up on a size, you don't know how your body will fit into clothes as you lose on IP.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!!

Question of the Day:

I will have my appointments to start IP next week. I am already sworn off my Diet Pepsi habit for 5 days (not easy! ) and drinking lots of water. Tea only in the morning. So....hubby and I are taking a road trip/vacation to the Ozarks the last week of September. I think I can do this! But am I totally nuts to try? I want to be successful....I don't want to sabatage myself. I welcome everyone's opinions!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

Quote:

I just picked what felt good to me. I think as long as you are in the Healthy weight BMI, then you are fine. You can always re-evaluate later on; there is nothing wrong with changing your mind
Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #13  
cindy

S/C/G: 261/252/135

Height: 5'2"

Traveling Stitcher... you are not nuts to try! I have tried and failed at every diet on the planet and I love IP. I am not hungry and I dont have cravings. Even DH has remarked that I seem to be really into the "Zone" this time. It is probably the easiest diet I have ever tried. Next weigh in tonight! So excited
Old 09-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #14  

From yesterday:
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Hi Sheshie,
Surprises are always fun! At least you're getting a lot out of this discovery: "new" clothes for yourself, clothes for your mom, the knowledge that someone else in your community will benefit from your donation, AND a clean closet which will be ready to fill with the new little, itty bitty clothes you'll soon be able to fill it up with!
Leave it to you to have something very sweet & encouraging to say!.. thanks a bunch... I'm really happy to discover this "new" wardrobe!..

hugs
Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #15  
Nichole

Just tried the orange drink from Lindora and I absolutely love it! Not sure if it's identical to the IP product but I'm guessing it is.

I added two Splendas and extra water and felt like I was drinking orange juice. I need to order more cuz I can see this becoming a daily staple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
Good morning!!

Question of the Day:

I will have my appointments to start IP next week. I am already sworn off my Diet Pepsi habit for 5 days (not easy! ) and drinking lots of water. Tea only in the morning. So....hubby and I are taking a road trip/vacation to the Ozarks the last week of September. I think I can do this! But am I totally nuts to try? I want to be successful....I don't want to sabatage myself. I welcome everyone's opinions!!!
It's a very personal decision but I was in a similar situation. I went to an IP info session on April 7th and wanted to start immediately but I already had a four-day business trip to Portland scheduled the first week in May and I wasn't sure how well I would stay fully on plan in that environment.

There are great threads that gave me ideas and suggestions but I knew that because of the nature of my work and the conference I was going to that I'd probably want to drink. I am personally glad that I waited because I came back even more focused and determined to make IP work, but I know there are plenty of others who started knowing that that they had a vacation planned shortly thereafter, who did fine. Good luck with whichever option you choose!
Closed Thread