Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 07:39 AM   #1  
Losing Again!

Unhappy I'm actually disappointed

I got up early again this morning, to go to the 6AM deep water jogging class at the YMCA, and so I get into my suit, put on my sweatshirt and pants, drive over there, get my card punched (I'm not a member, just pay as I go for classes--for now), go to the locker room, shower off, and head to the pool--only to find the instructor standing on deck, ready to tell me the water is very cold-74 degrees, too cold for class.

They had some work done on th pool on Saturday that required turning off the heater, and no one turned it back on. Over all, not a big deal. But what irritated me was that I walked in there carrying my beach towel and car keys. The gal at the desk was aware of what was going on, and didn't say anything, and there was no sign up on the locker room door.

I was actually looking forward to the workout this morning. So, I am actually disappointed about not getting to work out. Definately a non-scale victory.

Dana <who is hoping for a nice scale victory tonight at WW
Old 03-10-2003, 10:36 AM   #2  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Hey, that's great! That really says a lot! I'm really hoping that I get to the point that I'm disappointed when I miss exercise!

I noticed that you're doing weight watchers ~ I'm considering joining this Thursday! Any recommendations?

*smiles* irishwings
Old 03-10-2003, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

That's pretty cool! I'm finding it fun to go to aerobics, and I bet that if the class was cancelled, I'd be upset, too.

That's kind of a pit that they didn't say anything or post a note, though.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:56 PM   #4  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

hey ya'll,

i'm in fayettsville NC and was hopeing to get a chance to walk around a bit for the couple of hours of free time that i have between now and when i meet up with my other co-workers for dinner. Except that there are no sidewalks to the streets here! It is very pedestrian unfriendly. Looks like i am not the only one whose exercise plans were foiled!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:38 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Daners: That happened to us last year--they went ahead w/class anyway!!! If that doesn't wake you up, then nothing will!

Matt: What is there to do in Fayettesville NC?
Old 03-11-2003, 12:07 AM   #6  
Token rooster

Its actually a beautiful little city in the "old" part. There is a large military base (Ft Bragg) and most of the community is somehow connected to the base.

BTW, tonight after dinner I did manage to walk around some (there was sidewalks behind the hotel). I don't think I walked enough to make up for the grilled seafood dinner though! I'm going to be here till Saturday morning.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:41 AM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Daners: i can relate!!
A week ago sunday I showed up at 4pm to the Y - they close at 4! I was so up to exercising... grrrr.

Matt: what do you do for a living? (if you don't mind me asking)
Old 03-11-2003, 09:00 PM   #8  
Token rooster

i'm an educational researcher. we are currently working on a project this is comparing the quality of education on military run schools and other local community schools. so i have been going to lots of military bases lately.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Well, now I can totally empathize. They're closing the gym where I do aerobics three times a week to install new lighting next week. Bummer!

I already go to two evening aerobics classes--it's just the three morning ones I will miss out on, and I happen to like those better.
Closed Thread