20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default ◈◈◈Team Athena Week 2 Chat◈◈◈

Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Here is your Team:

AllyBride2011
BassAckwards
bbg200
carcar05
dayoneagain
dcapulet
ellie6388
freedomreins
JasonsLea
JessicaRT
KimL1214 (Team Leader)
Lliaa
Mandaloef
Nessa411
oOPeanutOo
Sakai
SarahD140
scandalouschicky
southernbelle102
twinkletoes23
Old 09-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #2  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

Hey all.. WOO I made my prediction of weighing in at 197 this morning!! I still can't believe I'm under 200.. doesn't feel real.. didn't workout today since I worked an 11-8 shift.. yuck, but being on my feet all day at work is enough of a work out. Planing on going to the gym tomorrow.. maybe a bike ride I dont have to work until 5pm so I got the whole day to do stuff..
Old 09-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'10

Isn't it nice to FINALLY see a number that doesn't start with 2??! I was super excited then too. Now I would like to see 17? ... in time it will happen lol.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #4  
Make it to the moon...

BassAckwards~ It will happen soon! You're doing amazing, just keep pushing along!

JessicaRT~ Congrats on your loss!!!

How was everyone's holiday? I'm sorry about the chat thread switch, I like to switch them up each week though so I can see how talkative each team is and will know if there are some changes and merges that need to be made. However, due to the confusion, nexts weeks chat thread will be the last chat thread of the challenge and will be for weeks 3-6. SOOOO, I will post another link like I did this week, as well as remind everyone throughout the week.
Long night at work and I still need to get myself prepared for tomorrow! Back to school with the kiddos!!! Have a great night everyone!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #5  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

holy moly, is the summer over already?

this week, I'm really trying to stay on plan. I am in the 250's for the first time in over a year, and i want to keep going!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #6  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Ugh, I'm a day late weighing in again >.<
on the good side, I'm down 6 pounds, I believe it's water from TOM but hey. 8 pounds to go before I'm back at my lowest ever weight. (from about 4 years ago)
Old 09-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

WTG Sakai!!

Kim- thank you so much for all your work on this challenge! I know it's not easy and you're busy!

Dcap- that's a big accomplishment! It's discouraging for me b/c I was at 150 earlier this year

I just finished my egg white omelet, watching the news, I've got to leave in a few to take my 2 y/o to preschool and then go to a meeting. It's throws off my normal schedule, I normally run right after I drop him off, but I'll have to go back and run after my meeting, so maybe I won't have to fight for a treadmill. Luckily both schools and gym are on the same street, if I had time I could walk but I'm going to be in a time crunch.

I am trying not to weigh everyday like I did last week, it drove me batty, my weigh day is tomorrow.

My counselor appt. wasn't great, I think I may look for someone else which is annoying b/c I'm so ready to make some progress and have some help with it.

I'm sorry if all I am doing is venting, I am so OCD and this waiting game for school is driving me batty. I am 99% sure I got in, but I want details!! I don't even know the exact start date or orientation date, I want to know what I have to get done before we start. I will feel so much better once I get that figured out!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #8  
Jessica

Hey everyone
Enjoy Labor Day weekend? I worked, but monday I got double time! So I'm excited to see my check... I weigh my self everyday just to get a feel for my weight loss. I know up and down is okay, but after sundays weigh in I've been around 198.. today I'm 198.4... I'm hoping cardio at the gym and then being on plan will help.. its just aggravating to see 197 on sunday only and then I'm back up.. uhg

I burned 1000 calories yesterday at the gym and I'm hoping to do the same again today
Old 09-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #9  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

ellie- hang in there! you're doing great!

jessica - 1000 calories?!?! Daaaammmmnnn!

today was the day from ****, day 3 in the week from ****. I really hope this changes soon!
Old 09-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #10  
Jessica

Yeah I do an hour on this machine at the gym and on a good day I can do 1000 calories.. today I think maybe it was the rain... but I could only do 700 and then just abs..
Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #11  
Make it to the moon...

dcapulet~ Oh no!!! What's going on??? Is everything okay???

JessicaRT~ 1000 calories is awesome! You might be just holding on to some water weight from all that burnage, so no biggie.

ellie6388~ I hope you hear from the school soon! Did you end up getting your run in? Life is pretty chaotic right now, but I love these challenges, thank you!

Sakai~ Congrats on your 6lb. loss!!! Hopefully we'll be able to count your next loss this coming week! If you have a hard time remembering on the weekends, you could always weigh in a day or two early.

So I randomly decided to not just walk my normal hour, but go for my 4.7 mile walk tonight and try to shave some time off from my last 83 minute walk. I only managed to take 2 minutes off, but I'm still happy with it, as I plan on trying to kill it again either later this week or at the beginning of next week. The scale has been all over between yesterday and today. I actually was annoyed when I saw 261 on there earlier... until I realized that 2 weeks ago, I would have been okay with it. A month ago, really happy.

I'll have final stats up tomorrow morning!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

Sakai – 6lbs is awesome!! Congrats

ellie6388 – Sorry to hear about your counselling appt. One of my friends sees a counsellor every week and she thinks half the battle is finding someone you feel you can just completely open up to. Hopefully you can find someone soon.

dcapulet – Why has your week been so horrible? With any luck this is only a short term thing?

JessicaRT – 1000 is an amazing effort. What type of machine are you using?

KimL1214 – I’m always amazed at how long you can walk for. Anything over 20mins and I’m ready to pack it in.

Confession time! I haven’t had the best start to Week 2. I went over my calories by about 500 thanks to a Caramel Kit Kat Chunky & Nutella. That’s the first time in 5 weeks that I’ve done anything like that. An incredibly stressful day seemed to have gotten the better of me but I’m on track today and that’s what counts.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/151/145

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone! This is my first time really jumping in on the chat thread. I hope that everyones weeks are going okay... happy hump day!! Work for me has been crazy busy... I work in politics so of course this is our busiest time of the year leading up to the Primaries and Election day. This past weekend I went camping in the Adirondacks with some friends. It was a good time and luckily the rainy weather held off for us. We did LOTS of hiking. On Saturday we climbed two mountains (one was 2 miles round trip the other was 4 miles) and then on Sunday when we were sore and tired we decided to go on an easier hike that was supposed to be 2.5miles but turned out to be 7.5 miles!! Whoa! I thought for sure when I got home I would have dropped a whole bunch of weight... but no such luck. I was exactly the same. Saw a pretty good drop today though so maybe it was just delayed.

Sounds like a few of you are still in school? How's it going being back to the grindstone?

Where is everyone from?

Talk to you later Team Athena!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #14  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I'm struggling this week already. My boyf is back living with me after 3 months of being apart for the summer (we were working 200 miles apart), which resulted in NO loss last week...and if I keep on the way I'm going I'll end up putting on weight this week! ARGH! I cannot let myself get back in to 190s!!!!!!

Need to re-focus.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #15  
Make it to the moon...

dayoneagain~ Is your bf on the same page as you food wise or is that something you are working on with him? My ex never ate healthy and that was actually one thing that ended up ending us as he did not see the importance of helping me lose weight.

AllyBride2011~ Your body was probably holding on to some water weight after all that hiking. It's good to see you!

oOPeanutOo~ Once every few weeks is no big deal as long as it stays that way, so I wouldn't feel too guilty about it. I LOVE walking as it is my escape from all the drama and stress. I always feel so much better afterwards!

So I'm wearing some pants I haven't been able to wear in a couple years. They're a lil snug at the waist, but super loose in the legs. One of my friends and I are supposed to be going to Olive Garden tonight, but I may back out due to fear of eating at a place with VERY little healthy food.

Going to do some research to see what I CAN eat...
Closed Thread