General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #1  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Default Dedikayted's New Journal - "by Any Means Necessary"

I received my P90x and have reviewed the plan and even tried out some of the dvds already. I think I am going to start out doing the P90x Lean Version because it involves more cardio and I know cardio helps me drop weight. I will try to get in as much cardio as I can..

The plan right now is to start off with the Orginal Fat Smash Detox with the P90X. Eventually I will start tailor my food plan to accomodate the 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fat which is recommended.

I must include my past motivational excerpts from my old fat smashing posts. I like to include these because it helps me to remember how great I did when I adhered to the plan the first time around... and how INCREDIBLY happy I was...

Here we go.

… When I was on Regular Fat Smash

"I loss 9 pounds in the 9 days on Phase 1 though. I was PUMPED! I did not cheat AT ALL..but that's just how I am when I am on a mission. I actually stayed with the original fat smash until I got 15 pounds off. I threw in a Phase 2 day here and there ( to add in a lean meat) and that worked great. Now I am doing the Extreme Fat Smash to bring me "home." I am really pleased with my progress. I have been stuck for YEARS between 153-160 range and no matter what I did ( and I DO EXERCISE).... I just couldnt break the 150's. I lost pretty much 40 pounds doing a low carb diet and then just could not get the last bit of weight off. That's when I just decided to take a leap on faith and switch to Fat Smash. I used to be totally afraid of carbs, but now I am fine. I am so glad that I tried this because I have not been in the 140's in years and I'm just so damn happy I could scream!"

… When I was on EXTREME

"I acutally like the idea of having all my foods planned out. I am really aiming to lose 12 pounds during this 3 week cycle...and now that I have bust right past my plateau... I feel like ANYTHING is possible!!"

---

*End of Week 1 and the beginning of week 2
"Well, Cycle 2 begins today. I am pretty much down the 4 pounds that was promised in the book and I am pumped! I have been doing all my workouts, trying to rest as much as possible, and sticking with my 3 hour rule for eating my meals. I will be totally ECSTATIC when I lose the next 4 pounds this week!
Cycle 2!!!!"

---

"When I started Extreme I was 149.7... I told myself that I would be really happy if I got below 145.. 142 would be GREAT... Well, I have until next Tuesday before I finish (today is Thursday)....and guess what??? 142 TODAY, BABY!!! So in the 5 days that I have left, if I break the 130's, I dont know what I will do."

"Did I mention that I was stuck in the 155-165 area for YEARS???? omg. I am just so happy that I found the way to get the last bit of the weight off. I can't express my excitement the way I want.

Finally, I have peace. "

----

"I am currently on the Extreme program too and it is awesome. My body is transforming so fast. Thank God I have taken pictures so that I can truly see my progress.

Stay with the plan! It works!"

So that's the plan.. starting p90x and Original Fat Smashing right now.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-01-2010 at 06:55 AM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:06 AM   #2  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Confession - Wednesday, September 1, 2010 - The start of something beautiful!

This is a great time to start my plan because my "friend" is out of town and this means that I wont be going out to eat for at least 2 weeks! Perfect time to do a detox.

So I ate like a pig this weekend.. and as fast I as I can make the scale move down.. I can make it go up just as fast..

Fried calamari
Bread
butter pecan icecream
crab cakes
french fries
McDonalds
cookie
chocolate

That is just a few things I remember indulging in over the weekend... So yes, I expected to see the scale jump waaaaay up... I know my body.. I can gain 5 pounds in one day.. No, its not all fat, but I will bloat up like a cow if I go haywire and eat food that are not on my normal plan.

So here's the honest deal with the weight after the pig out session.

Sunday - 159
Monday - 157

and mind you --just under a week before this - I was hanging around 150! It was just like being on vacation.

So there's the whole ugly truth. I wasn't going to post that at all because I didn't want to see it in black and white. I honestly was just going to wait until I was back down to 150 before posting my weight.. but.. whatever. This will just be even more sweet as I knock this weight down. I can see where I came from and see where I dont want to be again unless pregnant!

So my main focus now of course is to first get out of the 150's.

I will weigh in whenever I can, but preferably not on days where I get up extra early in the morning.

The party has officially started.

Watch what I do

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-01-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #3  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Wednesday, September 1, 2010 - The start of something beautiful!

7:45
1/4 cup (dry measured) Multigrain oatmeal
1/2 apple & 1 peach

* 1 cup of coffee w/sugar free creamer
* 1 bottle of water
* 2 - Lessman's Hair, Skin, and Nails Vitamins

10:45
brown rice (frozen bag with spinach & tomato..and its low sodium!)
egg beaters (prepacked 60 cal portion)
black beans (canned. organic.)

other half of my appple from breakfast and peach
2:45
1/4 cup oatmeal & peach

*******************4:30 - workout ***************

6:30
veggie salad w/ lowfat dressing.

Today's Random Thoughts:

8am:
**So I previously went on a rant about the plan not letting you have coffee.. Blah, blah, blah.. but you know what?? F that! I forgot! You can have it on the Extreme Plan!! And you still lose weight! My friend just sent me a list of things he can have on the Original Plan (during detox) and forget that! A cup of coffee with a tablepoon of sugar free creamer is not going to kill you.. Gosh! He says he can have nuts and some other items... and I'm like WHAT? Is he reading that right? So whatever.. I am having coffee or teechino (which tastes like coffee, but is not real coffee..made from nuts/berries) if I want to.

As long as I adhere to the food list, I am fine with that.
And will STILL lose!

---------------------------------------------------
10:40 -
So I am going to try to be as detailed as possible on my posts. I think this tends to work best for me.. The more dedicated I am to logging everything the better results. And I want to see results. Plus, its always good to be able to go back and see EXACTLY what you did...and what worked for you

The plan is to get off work at 3pm. Make a pit stop to Best Buy and Sports Authority or Walmart.

Bestbuy - I need to buy a new dvd player. I have a playstation 2 that I play dvds on but sometimes that thing just doesnt read the disks well. So I think I need to invest in a real player.

Sports Authority/Walmart - I need to get some 5 or 8 pound weights for my workouts.

I plan to workout today around 4ish.. So I may need to go straight home and get the workout done first.. and then handle the rest of my business... I hate leaving workouts for the night time. My energy level is extremely low in the evenings.. and I am just not as hype. I love working out in the morning, but some days, I want to be able to get off work early... So its hard to workout in the morning and make it to work by 6am. I really would like this schedule:

Wake up: 4am
Workout: 4:15 - 5:30
Leave the house no later than 6:15.
Get to work by 7am
Get off by 3:30pm.

That looks good.. Hmmm.. Maybe I will try that tomorrow.
Ok.. Time to get this next meal in the microwave and down the hatch! Really want to stay on time with the meals!

------------------------------------------------------
P90X - 40 minutes of KenpoX (my stupid playstation is not playing the dvds)
20 minute walk

Tomorrow morning I will have to go to the gym. I have to do that until I buy a new dvd player because I have to have my COMPLETE workout! ...at least 45-60 minutes.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-01-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #4  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Thursday, September 2, 2010

I saw that my weight was still 157 this morning.. so I am going to have to do something drastic to make my weight drop. Sorry, but I can't stay at this weight, and I need to push my body a little.. Now, if the scale had said 155, I may have been ok.. but damn that!

So today I am starting my tuna, eggwhites, veggies concoction. It should work wonders for dropping a few pounds quickly..and that's exactly what I want. I can't allow my weight to sit in the 150's.... My body may think this weight is acceptable.

Anyway... did 35 minutes cardio in the gym this morning.

So far.. I had coffee.. But today will just consist of eating my weightloss concotion.

--By any means necessary! I went out and ate like I didn't care.. so now I have to pay for it.

Tomorrow's weigh in WILL be under 155! Best believe!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #5  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Oh! And after I get out of the danger zone (WHICH FOR ME IS THE 150'S) I won't feel this since of dire/need urgency and will resume my normal meals.

Note to self: Buy dvd player! I want to be able to do my P90x!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #6  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Hi, Dedikayted, how are yiu? Looks like you're going full steam ahead. Curious to hear how you like the P90X - read some good reviews online.

So I finished the 9-day detox and lost a whopping .2 lbs. Yes, that's a decimal before the 2. I was really surprised, because not only did I follow the plan well, I was PMSing when I started, which I figured would eb good for at least a lb. Anyway, the next day the scale was down 1.5, so I may have had some water retention from a strength workout the night before. I am desperately trying to break 130. I finally gave up over the summer and let myself just maintain, but now I want to be at goal by the holidays.

I'm still going to stick with the 4-6 small meals/day. Will let my calories go to 1500 if I'm hungry. Starting this w/e, will add more protein - lots of egg whites and grilled chicken salads. Also going to focus more on cardio than on strength training for the next 2 weeks and see if that gets me under. I'll probablyu just do the sculpting class once/week but get in five days/week of cardio.

Good luck w/ the scale!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #7  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Friday, September 3, 2010 -(Down 3 pounds) - 154.8

Now, that's better. I'm still not loving life until I get out of the 150's though. And I definitely DESPERATELY want that by next week! That means stay on track this weekend! And with my friend out of town, my life is back normal. Its just amazing how hard it is to focus on concentrate on weightloss with him taking me out all over town. Sigh. I have another week before he returns so I gotta take full advantage as well as come up with a plan for when he gets back. We have the best time when we go out, *I* just need to go back to my old "stiff" ways and have myself some lettuce and grilled chicken when we go out... and bring my OWN dressing in my purse! LOL.

Anyway.... just got 50 minutes in on the treadmill...

I will figure out what my meal plan will be today shortly. I am determined to keep this scale moving. I was not playing around when I said I have to move this weight! ...and I couldnt wait for the slow loss either..

Slower weightloss is ok when I'm closer to goal...but not now. A girl's gotta do what she's gotta do.

I will update my meals later!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-03-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #8  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
Hi, Dedikayted, how are yiu? Looks like you're going full steam ahead. Curious to hear how you like the P90X - read some good reviews online.

So I finished the 9-day detox and lost a whopping .2 lbs. Yes, that's a decimal before the 2. I was really surprised, because not only did I follow the plan well, I was PMSing when I started, which I figured would eb good for at least a lb. Anyway, the next day the scale was down 1.5, so I may have had some water retention from a strength workout the night before. I am desperately trying to break 130. I finally gave up over the summer and let myself just maintain, but now I want to be at goal by the holidays.

I'm still going to stick with the 4-6 small meals/day. Will let my calories go to 1500 if I'm hungry. Starting this w/e, will add more protein - lots of egg whites and grilled chicken salads. Also going to focus more on cardio than on strength training for the next 2 weeks and see if that gets me under. I'll probablyu just do the sculpting class once/week but get in five days/week of cardio.

Good luck w/ the scale!
Natamars!!! (.2) pounds! Grr! I know that's probably not what you wanted to see after doing the detox, but at least you saw an additional 1.5 so thats cool. So you are around 131 now? You are RIGHT there at your goal! Maybe you can do something a litle different like... go 1 or 2 days with no fruit... veggies ok --along with whatever else you are eating.. Sometimes one small change can shake up the body and create a drop.

That's why I had to just do what I have to do to get my weight down. Its totally my fault, so I just have to be strict for a while until I am back in my comfort zone.

So I just toy around with the plan (still usually fat smashable foods) to make my body stop holding on to weight. Maybe just have days where I cut out fruit but still do veggies or have a lower carb day by not having the brown rice or beans...

We just have to make the plan work for us! And that's exactly what I plan to do! Sometimes I will go straight from the book (like on extreme) for simplicity, but there are times that I just may NOT want to have a 1/2 cup of damn beans and veggies for dinner! Maybe I'd rather just have an egg white omelet or a salad or ...whatever.. but my point is - as long as we dont go totally OFF plan - I think its fine.

Well I am leaving to go to Chicago on October 8th so I have a month to get as low as I possibly can. I will be meeting some very close friends/family of the guy that I am dating, and I dont want to feel the way I am feeling NOW when we go.. so the plan is to get out of the danger zone NOW so that I can feel great and not be a total party pooper when we leave. I hate to even say a particular weight.. but I would love to be around 145 when we go. So thats a whole 9 pounds. It doesnt seem like much when I think about it but we know how much effort each pound can take!

I remember once I lose 15 pounds in 30 days before a cruise - that was awesome. I felt great! So, its not like I cant do it... I just have to put my mind to it and not feel bad when I just have to tell folks - NO, I cant have this or that.. I am on a mission!

Ok. Its shower time. I will post again later!

You will be under 130 by your anniversary. Change something up for a day or 2 and let's see what that does!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #9  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Monday, September 6

I'm about to go jogging shortly. If its nice outside, I wanna try jogging outside. Haven't done that in a while. I neeeeeed the cardio. Did I mention that I tried my new dvd player out...and it works? Well it does!! I am very happy about that!

Since I am off today (like every one else) I decided that I guess I'b better cook some things for the rest of the week. "Winging it" throughout the week just doesn't work the best for me and I dont feel like going to work wondering what I am going to bring, etc. Things work much better when I am prepared. Sometimes I get lazy and dont feel like cooking or thinking about what I'm going to eat, but you know what -- it drives me just as crazy to be hungry and have to figure out what I'm going to eat with no immediate options in sight.

I have 3 week full weeks... well I guess 4...until I go on my weekend trip..and I really want to use these weeks WISELY as far as weightloss is concerned. I certainly dont want to flip flop between diets until then...

So I was figuring out the easiest thing to do until the trip.

I could continue to do the ORIGINAL FS detox, but I really dont think I will lose as much as I could on that because its not restricted enough. Even too much fruit can make me potentially not lose as much so unlimited fruits is probably not a good idea.

So... what to do? The Fat Smash Extreme Plan of course because it limits my food AND requires a certain amount of exercise. The only thing that I thought about that I *may* modify on certain days - is the beans for something else. I may NOT do it.. but I just remember thats one thing that gave me some issues (being gassy..haha). Other than that I modified a few things the first time around (to help myself with portion control... like cold cereal for instance... I LOVE it...and 1 cup normally seemed crazy to me... so I think I swapped that with oatmeal) - but anyway as close to plan as possible..and only changes that won't hurt me.

Sometimes I need restriction, other times I dont want to be told what to do and need the freedom. Right now, thinking about doing the plan sounds easy because I dont want to think of what I am going to eat next.

So anyway, the first time around I did three weeks and lost 12 pounds... Haha..you know how I am, I like to drop 8 pounds in one week, but sooner or later you have to get out of that mindset. And shaking up your diet for a couple of days is fine..but to do something very extreme for a long time just doesn't work.

So thats' what I am going to do. Fat Smash Extreme until its time to go on my trip. Let's see if I can lose the 12 pounds like the first time around.

Will log in later.

Oh! Since today will be Day 1 on the EFS - Cycle 1 --this will give me a whole week out of the way until my friend come back in town. So that means a week before things get complicated!! Haha... but he did tell me on the phone last night that he wanted to lose some more weight before we go, so if I keep his eating plan "TIGHT" until the trip, we may not have too much trouble.

The only thing I am kind of worried about right now is this Saturday 9/11. I have drive to my friend's house (out of state) to discuss a vacation we are all taking in December...Its great because I havent seen him in a while, but he already informed me that is going to be a PIZZA party. This is the kind of thing that I would normally just say "screw it" and not go. Yes, the old me would rather not go and jack up my diet. Yes, I used to be that strict, but I am trying my hardest to find balance with CONTROL! And let me tell you --its hard.

So I have been thinking how I am going to handle that on Saturday. I will figure out something... The best thing that I have came up with so far is to fill myself up with veggies right before I get to his house and then when I get in there, I won't want to eat much. I think that's a pretty good idea. I just dont want to mess up this week with this damn party! We'll see, but I think that's a good idea... NOT going there HUNGRY!!!

Alright. time to throw my clothes on and see how the weather is --- time to go. I will be back later.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-06-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #10  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Monday September 6 Weight: 154.8 & Day 1 on EFS

OK. So I am happy with the 5 pound loss from last Monday when I was at 159. Downward from here.

You know what? It makes me happy to think that I can be only 3 weeks away from being 142 if I just stick with the plan!

Let's do it! No more wasted weeks, please! Cycle 1, here I come.
================================================== ==========================
Exercise:

1 mile jogged outside. That was a lot off *** and thighs jogging out there. Sheesh! Please let this weight go down. lol

45 more minutes at the gym - Elliptical trainer
So that's 60 minutes of cardio so far today. I think I am going to start with Day 2's menu because I have more free time today to get my 2/day out of the way.
================================================== ===========================
Meals

Meal 1: 11am
yogurt & mango
1 cup calorie countdown milk - 45 cals 0 fat 3 carbs (the best) Also a great way to sneak protein in

Meal 2: veggie salad w/ low fat soy dressing

Meal 3: plum

Meal 4: lean sirloin, sweet potato, salad w/ veggies

Meal 5: (in the middle of the night: lettuce and 2 veggie meatballs) ---> What the heck is that about? C'mon! The middle of the night?

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-07-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #11  
Hopeful Member

WTG, Dedikayted!

I was off plan on Saturday because I had to go to a funeral, and it was a relative, so afterward we all went to lunch...well, we're Italian, so this means never-ending platters of food. Luckily, most of it wasn't stuff I liked! I had one piece of bread, a half-portion of pasta, some vegetable salad, three pieces of fried zucchini, and a potato croquette..oh, and a sliver of cake. Kind of sounds like a lot, but I looked around at what everyone else was eating, and it was actually pretty light, especially considreing we were there for almost 3 hours. Been on plan since then except for just now at the beach, I had a Good Humor bar(240 calories). We took my son because school starts tomorrow, so in honor of that, I let myself have one. Back on track now. The good news is, I made my veggie egg white cups for the week, my husband grilled chicken and made turkey chili, and I made an enormous salad that should get me through the week. Focus this week:

1) Lower carb/more protein
2) 1000-1500 calories/day, depending on hunger/activity
3) More cardio
Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #12  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
WTG, Dedikayted!

I was off plan on Saturday because I had to go to a funeral, and it was a relative, so afterward we all went to lunch...well, we're Italian, so this means never-ending platters of food. Luckily, most of it wasn't stuff I liked! I had one piece of bread, a half-portion of pasta, some vegetable salad, three pieces of fried zucchini, and a potato croquette..oh, and a sliver of cake. Kind of sounds like a lot, but I looked around at what everyone else was eating, and it was actually pretty light, especially considreing we were there for almost 3 hours. Been on plan since then except for just now at the beach, I had a Good Humor bar(240 calories). We took my son because school starts tomorrow, so in honor of that, I let myself have one. Back on track now. The good news is, I made my veggie egg white cups for the week, my husband grilled chicken and made turkey chili, and I made an enormous salad that should get me through the week. Focus this week:

1) Lower carb/more protein
2) 1000-1500 calories/day, depending on hunger/activity
3) More cardio
Your plan sounds great!!! I bet that'll knock you down below 130! Just keep plugging along! I know it gets hard when "life" happens.. but we gotta just keep pushing! They key about fat smashing is that its lowfat and teaches you to make healthier choices. When you calculate the meals it always runs anywhere between 900-1300 calories.. more at the lower end... So, I think what we should take from that is that we work best when we keep our calories in check. Of course, if your exercise more, than you adjust your calories, but I think that's the plan. Keeping your calories in check and your proteins and carbs somewhat balanced. So each day I look at the menu from the Extreme book, and try to keep my portions/calories around the same. Even if I dont eat the EXACT thing the plan lists, I should still lose. I think the key is training your stomach to eat smaller portions and not want that STUFFED feeling to be satisfied.

Keep pushing!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #13  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Tuesday, September 7 Weight: 154.6

Got up this morning and wanted to go ahead and get a jog in.

Exercise:
Morning:

40 minutes cardio - Jogged 2.5 miles.
=====================================
I will try to start keeping a better track of my calories if I can to determine what works better as far as my weightloss.

9:00
Go raw flax bar - Not so great tasting, but good for you.

12:00
0% Greek yogurt
Mango
[YUM! I wanted more, but I will be calm for the next 2 hours.]

3PM
veggie salad... w/ soy dressing.

5PM
more veggie salad and mango

900PM
chicken breast
4 oz sweet potato

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-08-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #14  
Hopeful Member

Screwed up today. Ate planned big lunch, but then also ate a Milky Way, and felt full and sick. Then I came home from work, still feeling full and sick, and ate a chocolate coconut Kashi bar and some orange juice. Then, still felling gross, ate some cookie dough ice cream. OK, I'm done. Digesting a bit and then off to the gm. Tomorrow will be better.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:45 AM   #15  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Wednesday, September 8

Got up at 3:45 am.. Went to the gym.. Pounded out 60 minutes on the treadmill. Walked at incline and did some HIIT as well.

At work by 630, so today will be an early day.. GREAT!
Feeling a little bloated. Probably because I haven't went #2 in 2 days.. so today better be the day!

Plan to keep pushing on.. Keeping my thoughts focused on how happy I was whenI followed this plan before. Low fat is what gets me at low weights... I gotta keep saying that.

So here we go!

Will update my meals soon.