Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 03:43 AM   #1  

Question diet zx and mommy style

Hi! I am wondering if anyone has used or heard of mommy style weight loss and if anyone has bought diet zx. I have both systems and wondering which one to do first! (or last if the first one works!)

chanel
Old 03-09-2003, 08:35 PM   #2  

I would also like to know if any one is using Mommy Style. I have been thinking of trying it but the $$ concerns me. DM
Old 03-09-2003, 08:42 PM   #3  
Searching

Those chicks don't look all that great to me on the Mommy Style Infomercial. Just my opinion.

Miss Chris
Old 03-10-2003, 04:38 PM   #4  

The Mommy Style plan sounds like a self hypnosis plan. Or something like that.

It seems like its goal is to help you stop snacking mindlessly, which is totally doable on your own.

A book I liked that deals with this issue (amongst others) is the 10 secrets of naturally slim people. I got it at Target for under $10, I think, but I'm sure libraries have it now.

I'd be more inclined to spend the money on a gym membership, or a subscription to Cooking Light, or visits to a personal trainer or nutritionist, but that's just me.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:18 PM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

We had a thread on Mommy Style a while back here on this forum - you can do a search for it. Yup it is a self-hypnosis plan - pushed by "the Mommies" (who truthfully I had never heard of until I had read that first post about the plan).

My advice is - if you REALLY TRULY want to try this, at least buy it from eBay, then you don't get stuck for too much. Personally I'd save my money - these "Mommies" don't exactly strike me as weight-loss experts...
Old 03-11-2003, 10:09 AM   #6  

I have been doing the Smart Technique (mommy style) for about a month now and I can't say enough great things about it. I really believe this is helping me with my cravings especially. I used to CRAVE sweets so bad and now I can actually pass them up! There are 6 discs to listen too and I am on disc 5 right now so I am not done yet but find them very relaxing. I listen to them before bed each night. I haven't lost any weight yet but I also have been weight training too so I don't know about that aspect of things but I do like it.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:16 PM   #7  
Peace with body and soul

Default On the Mommies..

I've not tried their plan of course, but I HAVE seen their newest infomerical and by the looks of them now, The Mommy Style doesn't last too long...

They both look quite overweight, more than they did in previous appearances to me.

Save your money and spend it on good, nutritious food and a pair of dumbells. There ain't no shortcuts!
Old 04-02-2003, 12:05 PM   #8  

Default mommystyle

Skeptically, I purchased the Smart Technique (Mommystyle) a few months ago. I have been listening to the CD's every night (almost) for several weeks and they have really helped change my eating habits.

The Smart Technique is designed to work WITH a food plan and an exercise plan. Everything on the TV infomercial and in the material makes this very clear. It is not a substitute for a weight loss plan and exercise.

Basically, what the tapes/CD's do is make it easier to stick with your chosen plan. Don't we all know this: a plan only works if you stick with it.

The tapes are relaxation/hypnosis, and they work in your brain to help you change any negative thoughts that are keeping you from sticking to your plan for exercise and food.

A lot of people use it in conjuction with weight watchers--I am.

I'd be interested to hear from any other 3FC ers who may have tried these. I have found them helpful and worth the $$$...not to mention very relaxing.

PaulaAup
Old 04-05-2003, 08:19 PM   #9  

I ordered a set from HSN but I haven't received them yet, sometime this week. I am looking forward to using them in addition to Weight Watchers that I am already doing. DM
Closed Thread