Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #1  

Default Need suggestions - exercising with a sore foot

Ok, had a minor accident 3 weeks ago and "buggered my foot"!

I am hobbling about and it's sore if I put weight on it - I am a member of a gym but there is no swimming pool, what exercise would you recommend?

Bike? At least my foot would be pretty much in one position while I'm on it, unlike the treadmill - I'd probably fall off that!!
Cookiebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #2  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

First - I LOVE your avatar picture. That is adorable .

Sorry to hear about your foot. Without a swimming pool, I guess biking would be the next best thing. You'll probably just have to try it & see how it feels. In the end, taking a few days of full rest may be best. How about looking into some pilates videos? Generally all mat work, so no pressure on your feet at all. Otherwise, maybe some gentle walking to warm up & focus on strength trianing until your foot is better?

I don't know - just don't push it in case your injury gets worse.

I hope you heal up quickly.

Cheryl
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #3  

I had an issue with my foot a few months ago. It was hard to take time off from my usual workout program but it helped. Rest is usually the most helpful. Most of the time working out with an injury will cause more damage and more time off.

If you really want to work out though then swimming is probably the best choice until it's feeling better. If you lift weights I would also include that.
Sherrystanggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:14 AM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

I have the exact same problem at the moment. I hurt my left foot jogging on the treadmill last week, and now whenever I walk on it or put weight on it, I get shooting pains. It's an old injury and I know it will pass after a while but I obviously can't exercise it.

I didn't want to stop my workouts either so at the moment I'm doing 30 mins on the bike and 30 mins on the elliptical. (My foots ok as long as I don't flex it so the elliptical is fine)

Hope your foot is better soon!
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardboardCutoutCat View Post
I have the exact same problem at the moment. I hurt my left foot jogging on the treadmill last week, and now whenever I walk on it or put weight on it, I get shooting pains. It's an old injury and I know it will pass after a while but I obviously can't exercise it.

I didn't want to stop my workouts either so at the moment I'm doing 30 mins on the bike and 30 mins on the elliptical. (My foots ok as long as I don't flex it so the elliptical is fine)

Hope your foot is better soon!
Ooh that sounds exactly the same as me, it's fine as long as I don't flex it. I might go tonight and give the bike a go - can only try eh?
Cookiebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Exactly

Good luck!!

xx
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote