Old 09-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default September Chat

Miss you Ruth, hope you are having a lovely vacation, but we will start our chat without you.

September looks pretty from here, there is sun this morning and mist on the river as I look from the back deck.

Was really tired yesterday, but stuck to plan. Feeling human after a good night's sleep.

Happy September chickies (and roosters too)
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #2  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello, Fatmad, thanks for starting us off. Good for you for sticking to your plan!! I'm looking to you for inspiration.

My friend's little boy spent the night with us last night. I'm glad that is over. He did great (he's four), but it always winds me up to have other kids over.

We seem to be having the same kind of weather, fatmad, because it felt like Fall for the first time this morning. AH! So nice and cool! Love it.

I go for a fasting BS test at the doctor tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me!

Last edited by theCandEs; 09-01-2010 at 09:16 AM.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Can't belive it is September already.

Fatmad and CandEs Glad you are having fall like weather. They say we are going to match todays record high of 95 which was todays high. At least Hurricane Earl isn't coming to SC although we could use some rain but it isn't in our forecast. I look forward to cooler fall like weather.

Fatmad Glad you got a good nights sleep and got through your day O

CandEs Hope you get a good report on your FBS test. I think knowing I've got to have that done in 3 weeks really helps me stay OP and I know it is helping me get started with doing exercises. I have to see the doctor in 4 weeks and I know he will ask, "Are you exercising?" I want to be able to say "yes I am". It's terrible that I have to be coaxed that way. I used to love exercising and hope I will get back to feeling that way again in time.

Not much going on here today. I've done most of my exercise for today... still have 5 more minutes to do. Not hungry much this morning so eating mini-meals probably more like snacks than meals so far.

Ruth I miss you to and hope you are having a great time and getting the relaxation you needed.

Y'all have a nice day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #4  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Had my monthly weigh-in and measurement. Down 10 pounds and a couple inches here and there. My FBG is fairly steady. Hoping that my tendinitis allows me to get more exercise this month.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #5  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Just checking in...........

FBS are still bouncing up and down. Will be glad when all this stress is over with. I am still exercising every day. Not as much or as long as I was but some is better than none. I am just really tired and achy. Again probably the stress....

Leann
want2bfit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #6  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bfit4me View Post
Just checking in...........

FBS are still bouncing up and down. Will be glad when all this stress is over with. I am still exercising every day. Not as much or as long as I was but some is better than none. I am just really tired and achy. Again probably the stress....

Leann
hope things chill for you soon Leann. Are you able to soak in an epsom salt bath and take some down time for yourself? DOn't hesitate to gripe about the things that stress you, its such a great outlet here. I appreciated that I could post repeatedly about my parents problems that were stressing me. I had no guilt, if folks were tired of hearing about it they could just skim or skip it, and I got the benefit of venting and whining. (Of course my friends not on line had to listen, its too rude to tune out, LOL)
I am glad I started on my journey even during those stressful times. It was the stress that got me off track at first, but also led me back to a sensible diet and lifestyle, or I wouldn't have made it through. The side benefit is that if you can learn to eat sensibly when under duress, its easier to keep up when the stress gets less.
take care
Old 09-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #7  
Madeleine

fasting 5.0 today. Long term, I think my glycogen stores are down, and the metformin is helping. THe fastings are the only values I am concerned about, all the others are fine with atkins and not a worry. Am so happy to see it going to the normal area. and I wake up with an appetite!
have a good day everyone. I leave tonight for the cottage, and internet is a bit spotty, and have lots of outdoor things to do.
ttfn
Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #8  
War Eagle!

Hello, everyone!

Trish -- you know the word "cool" is relative, right? I guess I just meant cool for around here. I woke up and it was 69 with a low humidity, and it made me feel like fall and football are around the corner. Of course, it got up to 94 degrees, but with the low humidity, it didn't feel so bad. Thanks for the well wishes on my BS test!

synger -- WTG on losing 10 pounds!

Leann -- hope you feel better. Stress can be very tiring.

fatmad -- Sounds like you are doing good!

Well, I had my FBG test this morning. I took a test myself before I went in, and it was 94. I guess that is decent, but it's not really where I would like to be. She really hurt the crap out of me, too. I'm still sore. I hope the results come back okay. They are checking cholesterol, too.

Hope everyone has a nice day!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #9  
In it 4 the long haul

Madeline Thank you so much for listening and allowing me to vent. It really does help and I feel as though you all are a part of my family already. This weekend will be an extended one. I will only work half of a day tomorrow and then off Sat, Sun and Monday. Then I have jury duty on next Thursday. So that is 3 1/2 days left. I can handle that. Even if they cancel jury duty I am not going in that day. Saturday we are going to a small town that does a big labor day celebration with a parade, food, music and square dancing. We are taking our 5 year old granddaughter with us. I am really looking forward to that.
I'm not much in to soaking in the bathtub but may have to get out my foot bath and use it. Enjoy yourself at the cottage.

thecandES Way to go on that fasting blood sugar of 94. I know you want better and I do to but thats considered normal. Sorry she hurt you. I wish I could have taken your blood. That's what I did at 2 of the clinics I worked at and was told I was very good at it.

On a positive note..............
A 1st grade student came to see me this afternoon. After I fixed his scrape he told me I did a good job. Left and went half way up the hill and then came back down to me. I thought maybe he had forgotten something but this is what he told me. You did a really good job, thank you and hugged me.
Just made my day. That is what I will miss when I leave...........

Leann
Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #10  

Synger - CONGRATULATIONS on the 10 lbs and inches lost as well as your FBS being steady.

Leeann - I was thinking about you today wondering how you are doing. I think with all the stress you are going through at this time that you need to do just do the best you can with everything. I don't mean you should set yourself up for going OP, but with things being really rough with the job situation just do your best to be good to yourself during this time so you can get through it. Remember we are here for you if you need to sound off to releave the stress.

CandEs I think our weather is similar. We have nights in the 60s and daytime in the 90s. They keep saying the following week will be in the 80s sure hope they are right for next week. 94 for your BS is great. I would love to get under 110 and stay there for a starter. I'm glad you are doing so well.

Fatmad Have a safe trip to the cottage. We will miss you if you can't get online.

As of this morning, I've lost a total of 20 lbs this year. Not much but nice to see it coming down. I've added carbs back into my diet, but I think I'm going to pull them back down some. I'm doing about 25 minutes exercising a day now. Hopefully that will help the FBS as well as the weight coming down a little faster.

Y'all have a good evening.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 09-02-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #11  
In it 4 the long haul

Pattygirl You girls on here are just amazing. I have not been posting that long but I feel at home here. Thank you so much for thinking of me. I will be ok. Just being able to voice my feelings on here helps me so much. My poor hubby can only hear so much.
So with all of this going on I have had a period every 2 weeks for the past 6 weeks. I am hoping this is heading toward menopause sine I will be 50 in Feb. I have been under alot of stress before and it has never messed up my cycles. They have always been regular.

Anyway thanks for listening and caring............

Leann
Old 09-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #12  
War Eagle!

Leann and Trish, the only thing that worked to bring my blood sugar down in the morning was to completely cut out starchy food, no bread, no potatoes, etc. Before I did that, it was usually above 100. I could keep it below 120 after meals, but it would always be too high in the morning, so I had to do something, you know?

Leann, I know you're having a tough time with your job. As far as the crazy period's go, I would have that checked out. It might be fibroids. It says I spelled that wrong, but I don't feel like looking it up. Anyway, I know someone who eventually became anemic from having periods like that, and it was due to fibroids. P.S. I would probably rather you draw my blood next time. I have a nice bruise this morning.

Trish, we are supposed to get down to the 80's by this weekend and early next week. If we lived closer, we could walk together! Congrats on losing 20 pounds! I know that it helps.

Fatmad and Synger,

Time to make my coffee! Y'all have a good day!

Last edited by theCandEs; 09-03-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #13  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good Morning.

Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Lots of stuff happened. Anyway back and ready to get at it again.

Going to check out what I have missed.

BBL
Lindyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #14  
War Eagle!

Hey, Lindy! I didn't mean to leave you out! Have a great weekend!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #15  

Leeann I can't help you with the periods either. I must say I was one of those lucky ones like an aunt I had who had no real problems going through menopause. When it came time my periods just stopped and the only discomfort I had was hot flashes. I agree with CandEsthat you should see your doctor about what is going on.

CandEs This morning I remembered one of my Mama's cousins I talked to years ago. She and her sister (looked like twins but weren't) were always thin. I remember as a teenager asking one of them how they stayed thin. I knew they low carbed although not much was known about that in the 1950s and I'm not sure why I even asked as I was very thin at the time. Any way today I remembered what she told me. She said, "If I eat bread, I don't eat potatoes. If I eat potatoes, I don't eat bread". I suddenly realized that most people back then didn't eat as much starchy foods as they do today. When I was growing up we ate what was called balanced meals and rarely ate junk/fast food and sweets were usually holiday foods. I may have to cut out all starchy foods too, but right now I'm just eating a very minimum amount. Time will tell.

Lindy Glad you are back.

Fatmad, Synger and everyone else reading this

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.