Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 08:16 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Thumbs down WLS chat....weekend 3/8-3/9

STOP LURKING AND POST

Just let it rip, anything you want to share.......this is where we get to know each other. Post-op, pre-op, or just thinking about it......join in, let us get to know you!

Okay........speech over!

---------------------

Even tho I don't work outside the home, I'm glad it's the weekend. It's going to be a nice weekend here in the deep south, we are pushing 70 today and tomorrow.

Well, I got off the duff and really have committed myself to exercise. I so hate to admit it, but I have more energy and the scale is moving again.

I still discover stuff every day that I can do now that I have not done in over 20 years. I can now run up the steps again. I was so proud of myself the other day........don't laugh.......I made my husband and daughter watch me do it.

Not much planned for the weekend......probably putter around outside, clean up a little.

Have a great day all
Debbie
Old 03-08-2003, 11:51 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well you looked lonely so I'm popping in to say Hi!
from the cold North where the temp is 32F and more damned snow is expected!
Old 03-08-2003, 03:47 PM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Ruth, thanks for saying hi, I am getting lonely here.

The sister's are out of town for the weekend, so I didn't expect them to post, but I don't know where everyone else is.

Debbie
Old 03-08-2003, 04:09 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Hi Debkay, This is the first day i've had in mnths to just sit down and brows through the threads. Boy, I've really missed out on a lot!!!

congrats on the running up the stairs!!! If you remember when this WLS thread first started the question was asked what would you want to do after you lose weight that you havent't been able to do?. Well my answer (for Ole Alvin) was that he wanted to play golf again. As I type he is out looking at new golf clubs. He is so excited. He hasn't been able to play in about ten years and he used to play 3x's a week.

When is Peachies surgery scheduled. I know I've heard she is scheluded, but I can't find when. (maybe I'll run on the info as I keep browsing) Anyway have a great rest of the weekend.
Old 03-08-2003, 05:50 PM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Hey Barb, good to see you over here again.

I bet Ole Alvin is one happy camper........getting to play golf again after all these years. That is just so great!!

Barb a question for ya......does Ole Alvin know we call him Ole Alvin?

Peachie has an appt, I think on the 12th of this month. They had talked about maybe getting her in sometime in May, which is why we post-poned the chick meet in NJ.

Debbie
Old 03-08-2003, 10:12 PM   #6  
Hang In There

Ole Alvin probally does not know we call him that but if he ever finds out i am blaming Jiff, she started dit. She called him that once in a post and it just stuck!!!

He tells everyone thaat he's getting younger every day!
Old 03-09-2003, 02:27 PM   #7  
Slowly going crazy!

I'm here, iced in on a Sunday morning. Haven't been to church in 4 weeks due to all the travel I've done.

Anyways, today is my oldest son's birthday party (he turned 10 yesterday)
We are having a pool party that I desperately want to swim in, seeing as how I'm losing now, but I'm allergic to chlorine, so I won't do well.
I can't wait for this summer when I know I will be in my size 14! ! ! ! Whoohoo..

WTG on the stairs! ! !

BTW...what I want to do when I lose weight.... spoon my husband while sleeping and have my boobs touch his back before my belly does *LOL*...
Old 03-09-2003, 07:40 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

oh amy.. you always make me giggle!!!!

and it's ok barb, to blame me for the ole alvin comment., and frankly, one of my goals was to play golf again, and i'm looking forward to spring. but we still have about 6 inches of snow!!!

AND YES... this means the sisters are back home. in one piece. after a lovely weekend with our other sister. and a couple of the family elders [one of whom picked up the wrong suitcase at the airport baggage claim and didn' t realize it until he opened it, after traveling over an hour!!!!]

peachie's appt is indeed wednesday, and, well, we'lll just see how it goes. she's planning, in her own head, for sometime in may, but we'll see how everything else goes.

and our other sister stared me in the eyes and said that i had to aim for the toilet and not the sink because her plumbing couldn't handle it!!! and this as i was running to throw up! OH don't panic, i just ate too quickly and didn't chew the broccoli well enough. i was stupid., i admit it. but the birthday cake was delicious! just a teeny sliver., honest!

i've been actually talking with peachie about why i eat what i do, and how and when, just so that she can get a real clear picture about all this.

let's see.. what else is there.. i feel as if i'm coming down with a stomach bug, so say a prayer. think happy thoughts. this isn't what i have in mind!!!

GLAD TO SEE YA'LL!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 08:54 PM   #9  

well, gee, Jiff, since your stomache is so small....your bug shouldn't be so big!

Ha!

ok, I'm tired!

Amy! good to see you, I've been wondering how you have been! Congrats on the weight loss and please don't be concerned with the rate....I have a feeling that I am going to be a slow loser even with the rny!

and Barb, when I went to my first consult I asked what kind of time frame I was looking at and was told that surgery would possibly be in May. I didn't want to hang any of the chicks up with plans (read spend any money and then me cancel) for our meet.

to all!

yes, the weekend was great and I am so proud at how good my little guy did....he was just great! It was good for me to get away and I think the little guy and I will be doing a bit more traveling!

ttfn!
peach
Old 03-10-2003, 12:26 AM   #10  
Slowly going crazy!

Had to share at the party today (My son's)
My mom was in such a p*ssed out mood I nearly sent her packing.
She walks into the party room and says "I just HATE the smell of this place and Hate this place altogether" (they YMCA) I didn't hear the comment, but Stephen did. He was so sad today when he heard that.

Then after being there 5 minutes she said out loud to my dad "Can we leave now". I was so upset I nearly choked her.

Had to get that off my chest. She irks me to know end, and I believe after I type this out, I will be making a phone call to her.

Stephen's party did go well despite her bitter attitude and the kids (all 14 of them) and their parents had fun in the pool! !
Closed Thread