South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default This and that Thursday

Good morning South Beach Chicks Just getting ready for another long day of meetings and standing in line at the DMV. It's all good because I am now officially counting down to a long weekend

Pull up a chair and visit awhile before you head out into your day. What's on your agenda?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Cyndi! I'm up at the moment, but have decided to see if I can get an hour more sleep. Good luck at the DMV. Ours is at the mall next door which makes it pretty easy. I can go early, grab a number and then shop at Penneys next door.

Pool this morning and we'll take it from there.

Have a good day!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #3  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' Cyndi and Debbie. We don't have a DMV here. It's called the DPS, and I think we get to take care of most business matters online these days.

Debbie, go get that 'nother hour of sleep. I woke up waaaay too early and tried to go back to sleep but the dogs wanted out so. Here I am with bran muffins in the oven already. Sleepy though. But I have day 2 of the new job (online). I hope it's better than it was yesterday. Sigh.

Have a lovely day!

~~Sally
Old 09-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Howdy chickies! My DH is off already to get out teen's car serviced and I need to drive the youngster to school. It is late arrival day so time to go wake him now. My husband thinks he tore a muscle running yesterday and I am hoping that doesn't mean he can't bike with me!!! (Not today though, still wet here.) Gotta run. BBL.

Have a great day.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Sally! I did get a few more snoozes in. I do like getting up early, but only when I feel like getting something done. I hope your online work day is better today. I wish I could find something to do from home.

So I had this great idea (yesterday!). We have a really nice health food store about 1.5 m from my house....the only problem is that it's up a super steep hill and requires being beside the road as there is no bike path. I can't get up it....so I decided I'd start trying in the AM, go as far as I can go, then turn around and come home. I got up to the first level this morn-oh did it hurt. There's a cool down spot at the first level and then another hill. Whew! I'll try again tomorrow and maybe my body will get used to it.

ETA-Hi Karen! Ouch, hope your DH is ok!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-02-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #6  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! I am back again after being gone for a while. My name is Lauren, and I am a 38 year old mom of 2 girls -- Natalie who is 5 and just started Kindergarten and Gracie who is 2.5. I am glad to be back! I have had success on SBD before, but I am at my highest weight now and it is TIME for me to get this under control. I started Phase 1 on Tue.

I also work from home. I am the Art Director for a local parenting magazine publishing company. I design 3 magazines. I love it!

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #7  

Good Morning ladies,

Feeling okay going in to day 6 of phase 1. I have gotten 30 minutes in on the eliptical this morning. My goal for the day is to drink my water.

Lauren - I'm starting back too. It is hard to finally make the decision to take care of yourself when you have two little ones like you do. I have two myself, Brennan (8, who has Aspergers) and Brianna (3 until the end of November). I lose myself in all their demands sometimes.

Okay, I'm off to play with the princess!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 294/197/160

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies!
Debbie: I bet the weather is gorgeous on your side of the state. One thing I would love to do this fall is bring my bike and ride the path along Glenwood Canyon, it is one of my favorite parts of the state.

I have a long, stressful day ahead of me. I have a manager that works for me who has been causing a lot of trouble for the agency and she is coming in this morning for a "come to jesus" of sorts. I may have to fire her, and that is something that I never like to do.

I do get to look forward to dinner at Joe's crabshack tonight for my best friend's birthday. Thankfully I can eat crab legs until I burst!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! It is always so nice to chat with you guys during the day, especially on a day like this.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls! It's my late day at work, and we don't have Anna tonight, so Chris and I slept in! Volleyball was fun - we won 2 out of 3 games! Then Chris and I went to the jeweler after I took a quick shower. I thought my blood sugar was off because I didn't really get to eat before vball, and I was nauseous, so Chris stopped to get me food on our way home. I ate but still didn't feel better, so when we got home, I helped with Anna's room a little bit and then laid down around 9 to go to bed. This morning my tummy was not in good shape but I am feeling much better and more energized now!

Anyhoozle gotta get some work done but thought I'd pop in to say hi!

Lisa
Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Lauren! Welcome Back!

Hi Dana! My goal is water, too, today! I'm sipping right now.

Hi Lindsay! Yes, it's a gorgeous day here! I love Glenwood Canyon, although I must admit I like riding down better. My DH hunts fossils near the Bair Ranch exit so I hitch a ride up and ride back home. It's 16 miles, but not overly strenuous. I hope you make it! (Change subject) I hope your day improves at work!

I came home from my pool/bike morning and picked some beautiful Roma tomatoes and a large cucumber. It sounds like a great day for Panzanella salad. Yum!

Enjoy, everyone!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #11  

What does DH mean? I have seen that a few times from different people.

Lisa: I hope you got something nice while you were at the jeweler??

The staff person who was coming in today called in SICK! So less stress today but I will have to do it sometime next week.

On another note, someone I work with got inspired to do the South Beach and experimented with a chocolate milk concoction which doesn't sound so bad.

She took milk and added a heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa and added four packets of Truvia. I have not tried it, and it sounds a little high on the Truvia side but she insists it is delicious and she is a lady that loves her food!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #12  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hey ladies-

dh=dear husband... dw=dear wife, etc... except if you see DMIL its probably not dear haha!

Sorry I haven't been around much. everytime I go to sign on here it takes forever to load pages... always says downloading picture at crv.target or something I am assuming it has something to do with that darned target ad in the corner... Been sooo busy with the reunion stuff I will be so glad when its here! and I don't have to worry about what hasn't been done anymore! I am going to go get my oil changed and hopefully they will be able to wash it too- its been too long! Diet front is going fab-feeling good... Hope you chickies are doing well! I will try to get back in here later!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

haha Rikki!

Here is the thread w/ explanations, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...-acronyms.html
Old 09-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #14  

Thanks for the explanations!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Lindz - We LOOKED at something at the jeweler........... However I believe it will be February or March before I actually RECEIVE that something from the jeweler. That's ok. It's the first time in my life I've had a man INSIST on spending a ridiculous amount of money on me. I'll take it!!!
Closed Thread