South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #1  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Smile Favorable Results?

Greetings! I am new to this forum, and glad I found it!

I am trying out 'Phase 1' of the South Beach Diet and have a few questions:
-How much can a female expect to lose during phase one?
-Has anyone experienced unsatisfactory loss of breast size in Phase 1? (It's inevitable with most diets, just wondering if this one gave very unfavorable results, i.e. a C/D to an A).
-Has anyone gone from Phase one for longer than the recommended two weeks and did you plateau or lose about the same amount that you did in the first two weeks?

I know it's a lot of information. Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Bellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure how much I lost during Phase I. I know that I lost 33 pounds in the first 2 months on SB, though. No loss of cup size yet...but I know it's probably coming. I stuck to Phase I for the recommended 2 weeks...but I would imagine it would plateau at some point or, at the very least, slow down some.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/186/154

Height: 5'7''

I did Ph1 4 or 5 times in the past few years and typically, I'd lose 6-8 lbs. in the first two weeks, then about 1-2 lbs. when I switched to Ph2. Most people lose a bit more, so don't use me as a reference point. There were weeks when I'd plateau, which I found very frustrating and discouraging. It's fine though to not continue to lose all the time.
My boobs would shrink a bit, but that could also be because I'd always do the SBD after I'd stopped nursing... I may have gone from DD to C at some point, but that was after I lost like 30 lbs AND stopped breastfeeding. When I was at my ideal weight (before all the babies), I was a C cup anyway. Don't know if this helps any...
I never stayed on Ph1 longer than the recommended 2 weeks. It's not a good long-term plan (you'd be lacking some vital nutrients from whole grains, etc.).
Good luck!
Big Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Belissa! South Beach is a really healthy way of life. Have you read the book yet? It's important to understand the reasons for the food choices we make.

Everyone is different, so it's impossible to predict how much any one will lose in Phase 1. The amount you have to lose, diet before South Beach, and previous weight loss all impact rate of loss along with a million other personal factors. The most important thing about Phase 1 is detoxing your body and getting rid of cravings. The weight loss is a nice bonus and is mostly water.

There are lots of discussions about extending Phase 1. Generally it is not recommended. Check out some of the food lists and recipes above for meal ideas, the Phase 1 support thread and the Daily threads. This is an active and supportive forum. I know I never would have made it without these Chicks. The support here is amazing!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:54 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Welcome Belissa! It's nice to meet you.

Quote:
-How much can a female expect to lose during phase one?
Many factors affect how much weight you loose on phase 1 but I have noticed these two trends: the more you have to loose the more you are likely to loose in phase 1 and those of us who were eating a lot of convenience foods and/or fast foods before starting SBD also seem to drop more weight in phase 1.
I was in both of those categories and I lost 11 pounds on phase 1.
Quote:
-Has anyone experienced unsatisfactory loss of breast size in Phase 1? (It's inevitable with most diets, just wondering if this one gave very unfavorable results, i.e. a C/D to an A).
I'd still like to loose some more around my middle, but my weight loss has been proportional.
Quote:
-Has anyone gone from Phase one for longer than the recommended two weeks and did you plateau or lose about the same amount that you did in the first two weeks?
I stayed on phase 1 for 3 weeks and did not continue the rapid weight loss during my third week.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/144/120

Height: 5'4"

Belissa, I'm gonna be wrapping up p1 on Monday, and so far, I've lost 6 lbs. That was as of yesterday. That's not bad for me. I'm assuming, the more you have to lose, the more you would lose in the beginning. I really like SB because I'm not hungry all the time. The help and support I've gotten around here has been great. Are you now/ or planning on working out? This will really help you lose faster.

Good luck,
Cin
cinnycinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Belissa, welcome!

I didn't lose a whole lot on Phase 1 (maybe 4 pounds), but I had already been calorie counting for months before I started South Beach so that may explain the smaller drop. Since I switched to Phase 2 I have been losing about a pound each week.

My breasts have gotten smaller, but so far it has been proportional to reductions in other areas so it's not really noticeable.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #8  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Thanks to everyone for their contributions! I can see how great this forum will be for support, and I really need that!
I am going to pick up a copy of the Super Charged South Beach diet, I have the old one... any quicker results in the Super Charged?
Bellissa is offline   Reply With Quote