Old 09-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #1  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Default I will not . . .

. . . ruin that 30 minute walk I just took for those ohh so glorious looking peanut butter squares in the lunch room . . . . I wont do it . . . I wont do it . . . I wont do it . .

How many times do I have to say that before it sinks in

my one sweets weakness and they found it . . peanut butter squares.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #2  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

You choose what to eat and what not to. If the peanut butter squares are not on your plan for today, then you won't eat them. You have THOUSANDS of days ahead of you when you can plan for including a peanut butter square. Imagine a room FULL of peanut butter squares. There will always be peanut butter squares available, ready for a day when they are on your plan. These are not the last peanut butter squares you will ever see.

But today, you don't have it on your plan. Therefore, you will not eat it!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

YEs, there is no shortage of peanut butter squares anticipated in the near future. They will always be around. Now, you've got something much better to accomplish. You don't have room for them - now.

Have one when you can thoroughly enjoy it.

Quote:
. I wont do it . . . I wont do it . . . I wont do it . .

How many times do I have to say that before it sinks in
As many times as need be. We've got to learn how to not give into momentary temptation. It's okay to tell yourself no. It's the mature, responsible thing to do. That craving WILL pass.

I have never, ever, not even one little time, regretted NOT eating something. Never.

Hang tough.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #4  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Good thing about the office lunch room, nothing stays long in there

Just threw me for a loop, went in to fill up my water bottle and there they are . . . had I known they were in there I would have waited on the refill.

BUT I went right back to my desk, wrote my post and I'm over it.

You ladies are absolutely right, they aren't the last peanut butter squares in the world, truth be told I'd rather have plain peanut butter anyways - and I'll never regret NOT eating them.

Thanks
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Someone once told me it imagine roaches running over the food sitting out at work. I tried it and it really helped!

I will be watching for your post tonight to tell us that you didn't touch the peanut butter squares.

OOPS, we posted at the same time! Good for you for getting over it!

Last edited by time2lose; 09-01-2010 at 03:36 PM.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Someone once told me it imagine roaches running over the food sitting out at work. I tried it and it really helped!
I'm going to use this one too! Thanks for sharing...now I have another weapon in my arsenal to combat those temptations!!!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I have never, ever, not even one little time, regretted NOT eating something. Never.
So very true for me as well.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #8  
miamimelting

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Nothing tastes better than walking into a room feeling good about yourself. Turning heads!
miamimelting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondocks View Post
Good thing about the office lunch room, nothing stays long in there

Just threw me for a loop, went in to fill up my water bottle and there they are . . . had I known they were in there I would have waited on the refill.

BUT I went right back to my desk, wrote my post and I'm over it.

You ladies are absolutely right, they aren't the last peanut butter squares in the world, truth be told I'd rather have plain peanut butter anyways - and I'll never regret NOT eating them.

Thanks
Good for you!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Ewww - roaches!! That's a good one, lol!

Good for you for resisting...I agree on never regretting not eating something, I get a lot of satisfaction each day knowing that I'm on plan.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post

I will be watching for your post tonight to tell us that you didn't touch the peanut butter squares.

OOPS, we posted at the same time! Good for you for getting over it!
You know what got me over my vending machine addiction? True story!! And I have never eaten from a vending machine since!!

We had a mouse problem at our old school building. One morning, a teacher stuck her hand into the vending machine to retrieve her snack, and she retrieved a DEAD MOUSE!!

THEN...

Another day, there was a Butterfinger at the front of its row with the wrapper peeled down like a banana and a mouse (or several) had licked off the entire outer chocolate coating!! It was down to its orange. It was left in there for a while, like a trophy, so we all saw it. It was pretty funny. And I've never been tempted since!

As to this thread...I'm coming back to it tomorrow when I can't resist the chocolate I am so addicted to!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Way to go resisting! (I love peanut butter squares too, so I feel your pain. LOL)
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #13  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 261.2/245.8/199

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
We had a mouse problem at our old school building. One morning, a teacher stuck her hand into the vending machine to retrieve her snack, and she retrieved a DEAD MOUSE!!

THEN...

Another day, there was a Butterfinger at the front of its row with the wrapper peeled down like a banana and a mouse (or several) had licked off the entire outer chocolate coating!! It was down to its orange. It was left in there for a while, like a trophy, so we all saw it. It was pretty funny. And I've never been tempted since! ]

And I thought OUR school building was bad!
StarGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

God, that's one of the things I'm working on right now...that if I don't eat THAT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RIGHT FREAKING THERE, there won't be anymore cookies EVER in my future. That's the LAST ONE. I'm so dramatic, but hey, it's legitimate. So I'm convincing myself that yes, there are indeed cookies in my future....lol.
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #15  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Most of my cravings for sweets are gone but there is one exception, carrot cake. BTW, a slice of carrot cake is over 500 calories! Anyway, the idea that I would NEVER have carrot cake again was giving me that "Poor me, so deprived" feeling some days. So I made myself a deal. One slice of carrot cake on my birthday, just one SLICE, not one cake. So on my birthday in 2009, I got one slice from the bakery in my grocery store and this year I got one and even shared it with DH. Often when I am doing my shopping, I notice those slices in the display case but they don't call me. Now, I just tell them, "I will see you on my birthday. That is IF I still want you!"
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote