Old 09-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Kind of in shock...

I am trying to do a once a month weigh in. So I have weighed myself for about 3 weeks probably. And I weighed in at 210!! What??? I just can't believe that I did after eating 3 slices of pizza last night...horrible. But 210? Seriously? I cannot believe that I have lost so much already. Its always been such a fight to lose weight, but this time it seems to be coming off steadily, and I am in SHOCK. I was trying on clothes last night and I just can't believe that is me in the mirror....
Its good. And I know it will only get better. I can taste Onederland now...
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #2  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Woot Woot!! Rock on to you and keep it going
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #3  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

Way to GO!!!!!
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

WooHOO!!! Way to go!

I love weighing once a month. As long as I know I am really on plan and doing what I need to be doing, it is so much fun to see a pretty substantial weight loss at every weigh in!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #5  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Height: 5'

Yay! I am happy for your steady loss. Doesn't it feel great!!!
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I am thrilled for you! But haven't you been struggling with feeling like it's slow lately? I'm just curious about your relationship with the scale. Is not weighing for a month your solution to that problem? Or am I just nuts?

I give a lot of props to monthly weighers! I couldn't do it, and yet I can see how wonderful it would be to see a really big loss!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Awesome!!!
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #8  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

I do both, actually. I weigh daily, and add it to a spreadsheet that gives me a seven-day running average of my weight. This allows me to see the fluctuations normal to weight and water and such.

I also weigh once a month for my "official" weight, and take my measurements. That is when I update weight on Daily Plate, and my ticker, etc. And that's the amount I claim when someone asks how much I've lost.

I love seeing the drop from month to month. If I focus on the daily, I get too caught up in the fluctuations. Knowing that there will be a drop at the end of the month allows me better to take the daily fluctuations in stride.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

You will be in onederland before you know it! Congrats!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #10  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Congrats!
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #11  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

That's a really interesting strategy, synger. I do think there is value in understanding the daily fluctuations, being able to track what you at the day before and a big water gain the next, etc! I love weighing-in monthly, because I used to seriously get obsessed with those daily fluctuations, and it was not a good thing for me. But my plan is to continue w/ monthly until I start to stall a bit, then I will HOPEFULLY be able to look at the daily fluctuations more academically and less emotionally so that I can tweak my plan as necessary. I swear, I get so many great ideas here!

Sorry to hijack, pinkhoodie! I really am so happy for you!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #12  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Exactly what all the others said. At the beginning of August I was weighing in daily sometimes even more then daily. I would freak out because the scale would bounce all around. I felt like I wasn't focusing on the other great things besides the scale. How my clothes fit, how good I was feeling inside, making exercise and eating healthy a habit instead of eating to lose on the scale. So far I have loved not having to look at that number bouncing all over the place. It just caused more frustration for me, now I almost feel free from the number and the scale has just become a tiny tool that motivates me to keep going. I will admit I did sneak a peak about a week ago when my motivation was waning. And I'm okay with that, as long as I don't get obsessed with it again.
I hope this all makes sense! I have learned more and more to each his/her own when it comes to weight loss, there isn't a cookie cutter mold that will work for us all!
Thank you for all the pats on the back today!!!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #13  
I'm Ready!

S/C/G: SW:275/CW:253/GW:160

Height: 5'5"

Default Well done!

That is FANTASTIC! What a great feeling!! You are right, as long as you are CONSISTENT and really keep the progress going your body responds..

This really inspired me!!
shmecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #14  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkHoodie View Post
Exactly what all the others said. At the beginning of August I was weighing in daily sometimes even more then daily. I would freak out because the scale would bounce all around. I felt like I wasn't focusing on the other great things besides the scale. How my clothes fit, how good I was feeling inside, making exercise and eating healthy a habit instead of eating to lose on the scale. So far I have loved not having to look at that number bouncing all over the place. It just caused more frustration for me, now I almost feel free from the number and the scale has just become a tiny tool that motivates me to keep going. I will admit I did sneak a peak about a week ago when my motivation was waning. And I'm okay with that, as long as I don't get obsessed with it again.
I hope this all makes sense! I have learned more and more to each his/her own when it comes to weight loss, there isn't a cookie cutter mold that will work for us all!
Thank you for all the pats on the back today!!!
I'm not crazy! That's what I thought. I'm so glad you found a solution. I am amazed that you express yourself in terms of freedom by weighing monthly when for me that same freedom comes from daily weighing. It really is such an individual thing. Whatever works!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #15  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

the 3-4 weeks of GOOD eating can't be undone by a few measly pieces of pizza!!! woooooot!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote