Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 07:06 AM   #1  

Smile Spring Renewal Challenge

Spring Renewal Challenge!!

Welcome one and all!! Spring is already arriving in many parts and expected everywhere. Most of us are ready for fresh breezes, longer days, and LESS SNOW!!!

All are welcome to travel this challenge with us!! This is a support thread remembering that although our differences are many--- geography, taste, lifestyle and age; we are still much more alike than different.

This Challenge is a 6 week challenge which will end the weekend of April 27. We may decide to do a Spring Challenge II at that ponit but all in good time.

This Challenge is very similiar to the others we've shared. You decide your individual focus as no one knows better than you what works best for you. As always, if something isnt working, you are allowed to change, fine tune, tweak until your plan works for you. (Keeping in mind, that this is a HEALTHY forum)

I have put new slipcovers on the wingchairs to give the room a "springier " look but left the throws and afagans as it still gets cold in the evenings. Hope you like the look!

FRESH, hot off the press, especially done in PASTEL " No GUILT CARDS " and "FRESH START" Cards. Plenty for all, right here next to the bottled water. And don't forget, we now also have Inflatable Life Preservers. Make sure you get yours. They don't take up much room but when you need them, they go right around you and keep you from drifting downstream!!

Also, by special design, invented by MissW, there is an order form to order "Wagon Seat Belts" . Please pick your choice of color
and fabric. ( Some of us just don't do polyester!) Personally, I can't wait for mine as oftentimes, I'm off the wagon before even I realize !!

Okay -- Kettle is on!!

Last edited by Kaylets; 03-09-2003 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:41 AM   #2  

Smile Scrumptious Sunday!

Sun is shining again!!

How nice to have the sun coming in the windows!!

Almost like a good laugh, you just don't realize how much you needed it until it happens!!

Yesterday midday, the roads were packed as everyone wanted to get out in the nice weather.

I'm thinking that I might change my official weigh in day. I know its really a mind set on my part but if I changed WW's meetings, I'd be changing WI day and even if that one week 's tiny decrease motivates me-- what harm could it be??

Oooppps, almost forgot to mention, we also have available by special order only, a recording of our one and only Empress singing her #1 seller, " Tomorrow, the Pound Will Be Gone Tomorrow".

All proceeds benefit printing costs for NO GUILT and Fresh Start Cards. I also spent some of the money at the florist, I found some forsythia and kittywillows to put in front of the windows.

Today's thought is:

"We drop like pebbles into the ponds of each other's souls, and the orbit of our ripples continues to expand, intersecting with countless others." --- Joan Borysenko

Second cup of coffee time!!

To today's best choices!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 08:40 AM   #3  
deleted2

Thanks for getting us started, Kaylets! Yes, it feels really cozy here....

About the change from St. Pat's Day, I was alittle disturbed by the news reports too and the date seemed tainted--so I was setting my final date for the challenge at the Spring Equinox anyway. And I like MissWashu's idea of extending the Spring Challenge thru to Beltane so mentally that's where I'm going with this. Hey, with a couple of extra days it gives me a chance to lose another pound, maybe?

Had a nice walk outside yesterday---there's signs of spring everywhere!

Old 03-09-2003, 09:56 AM   #4  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

What ever date...I am easy. I hate most holidays anyways. My birthday is 3-22, so spring usually has been sucessful in weight loss. I come alive along side the trees and flowers! So, I am in for it. My diet, getting fit is my job for the next 6 weeks. Must make it a habit!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 10:26 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Amarantha be liking the idea of the April 27 date, which be halfway between Easter and Beltane and appropriate for our dedication to a FRESH START (I'll take a card please, Kaylets!). I can't say that Amarantha be celebrating the return of flowers and leaves (since they are always with us in Arizona), but I've loved Easter from childhood and Mayday as well. I remember what it was like when snow melted and we colored eggs for Easter and the magic bunny came in the middle of the night and hid them all and in a week or so, we made little May baskets and put them on neighbors' porches on the first of May. So I will add a second goal for April 27 to my sig line in a moment as well.

I have gained no weight in the chaos and bingeing last week ... although I didn't report it hear, I really started a NEW new initiative last week at 165 pounds. (I am ignoring the higher reading on Curves' scale, as first thing Sunday morning on MY scale is my official weight and any other is irrelevant to me).

Kaylets: Thanks for starting this new thread ... it is a breath of FRESH air! In six weeks, I am going to believe that all will be well in the world and coincidentally with that, we will all have reached our spring goals and can look to summer with great enthusiasm.

Working later but must hie to Walmart first! Au revoir Spring Chickies!
Old 03-09-2003, 11:04 AM   #6  

Well, here I am signing up for a Fresh Start No Guilt Spring Renewal Challenge. I am a great one for Spring Renewal, love Easter, love flowers, love MayDay, love symbolic bunnies (not so much the real ones though they're cute enough).

I did a special weigh in today to see how I fared on the departed challenge. I was .8 of a pound up for the whole challenge so whatever or however, it sure didn't do much to help me reach my goal. Therefore and howsomeever, my goal for the new challenge will be the same as for the old challenge - to reach the valiant number of 210.

Still mulling over the how's and wherefore's, but do know I want a positive spin. And one not limited to calories and exercise but to total fitness, mental and physical. Achieving that, now there's the rub. Think I might do flower stickers on the calendar for a visual as, unlike our Empress, I don't have them around and won't for a bit.

Also, alas, my planned visit to the princesses was foiled because the Elder has something vile and neither dh nor I feel inclined to pick it up. May instead head the other direction and visit the Queen Mother who probably thinks I have dropped off the face of the earth. And whose Irish soul would probably not approve of my banishment of Leprechauns.

Kaylets, thou asked about dh's diet. No, it will remain a permanent thing subject to some modest modifications. In fact, I believe he will be tested again this week and the minuscule leniency may come to a screeching halt. He is growing stronger though and better weather may bring even more strength as his activity level can increase.

Mr. Sun shines; however, the 41 degrees becomes 32 with the chilling wind.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:15 AM   #7  
Hot Stuff

Morning, girls!

Just popping in to say I've found the way to our bright, cozy parlour. I'm going to sit in the wing chair by the bay window and soak up some of that much-missed sunshine while I contemplate my plan for the next six weeks. (Love the new slipcovers, Kaylets!)

Wait, what's this? OUT, OUT you little green monster!

*Wildfire chases the last of the s out of our serene parlour*
Old 03-09-2003, 11:34 AM   #8  

Smile No wonder it was lumpy!

Thanks Wildfire! I wondered why that lump kept popping back everytime I turned my back!

Did you notice too that if you look very carefully, some of the trees are showing buds?

And this am, I saw the birds ! You remember, that group of birds that move across the from one side of the lake to the other each morning and night, except for the dead of winter. They're back! It took almost 30 minutes for all of them to go by and it was good to see them!!

The wheel is turning!

Now, who needs a refill?? Kettle is whistling!
Old 03-09-2003, 01:57 PM   #9  

I'll take a cuppa right here. I love what you've done with the parlor, so cheery!
The sun is playing peek-a-boo today. Hopefully it will NOT rain as I would like to get on my rollerblades again.
April 27 is perfect Kaylets! It screams 'new beginning' to me. *thanks*

Now on my way threw the door I happened to see a on his way out. He was grumbling something about "... no fun..." and "...that mean wench" as he hobled away holding his tush. I take it that Wildfire is to thank. Thanks!

-W-
Old 03-09-2003, 02:49 PM   #10  

Angry

April 27th, huh? I am thinking of all kinds of goals I can have and reach by then! Not just weight-wise, but house and personal-wise! Thanks for having definite date! I will be thinking and planning today what I'd like to accomplish. I will post those goals here and it'll help me stick to it!
lotsa luck to you all!
Here's wishing less of you by April 27th!
Old 03-09-2003, 03:00 PM   #11  

Default the plan

Well I've contemplated long and hard on how I shall earn my daily . Goals should be something to be strived for, yet not so big as to never be obtained. But if they are too easily obtained it's not a challenge... etc. And so I've come to a conclusion.

I shall set for myself 3 daily goals:
1) 2 Liters of water consumed
2) @ least 15 min. of muscle toning movement
3) I MUST stop eating after 9pm. !!!

For each individual goal I shall recieve a , on days that all three are met I will combine the for a big ol' . So, by the end of the challenge I am bound to be surrounded by flowers and sunshine!

That's the plan.

Happy relaxing Sunday to All.

-Washu-
Old 03-09-2003, 04:37 PM   #12  

Smile Still Sunday!

Just got up from a nap- Its still sunny but the wind continues, wearing sweats w/ heavy socks and sweater. BUT IT STILL FEELS LIKE SPRING!!

MissW- I know you didn't mean to close the door so quick as that greenie got out- it was the perfect visual for "Don't let the door hit your a** on the way out!"

Sure, visuals are a good thing- stickers, smilies, whatever works!

New habits should be well rewarded!

Welcome Hottie! Nice to have you on board. Make yourself at home and let me fill your cup. I've made your favorite!

Took a 15 minute break in the middle of this post to sweep the patio. You would be amazed at how many sunflower shells "drifts" the wind is blowing. And the dogs track in. I've got to go back out w/ a dust pan and get rid of the shells that way as the wind just laughed at most of my efforts.

But my heart is pumping !

Let me go find that dustpan!

Old 03-09-2003, 05:23 PM   #13  
Empress/Queen

My, my, MY, those s are wily! I thought we'd left 'em all on the Emerald Isle when we snuck out at midnight, with the ones we banished still drinking green beer at the Lucky Strike Motel!

Welcome, Hottie! Glad to have thee in the cozy spring parlor where we be sipping Kaylets' tea (not green tea, please, it'll onlly encourage the s) and watching the bunnies frolicking amongst the flowers!

Speaking of which during my sojourn to Walmart, I bought a large china bunny lady wearing a pink apron and carrying a basket of flowers. She has agreed to sit on my kitchen counter until April 27 to encourage the flowering of my greatly improved physique. In case anyone is wondering about that avatar, it is a FEMALE, I am sure! At any rate, I am determined that I shall go to Curves three times a week during this challenge, continue walking as much as possible and aim for a lower calorie intake. But my challenge is limited to weight goals only ... am not going for a day-by-day thing ... I just want results, results, results!!!!

I apologize for always bragging about Arizona ... it's really not paradise, guys, really ...

MissWashu: I like your flower earning idea! Thou'll be sure to have a giant bouquet by the end of this challenge!

Wildfire: Good job on the last-ditch banishment ... OH, WATCH OUT, there's another one sneaking in under the door over there by the teakettle!

Kaylets: Are you sure there's no GREEN tea in the house? I think s only drink green tea, so maybe we should all stick to blue jasmine for the nonce!

Eydie, Flower and all Spring Bunnies, Chickies, Birds and Bees and Celebrants o' the Fresh Start Tea Ritual,

I have to finish working now! Avanti!
Old 03-09-2003, 07:45 PM   #14  
wsw

hello all! i hope it's o.k. to join your challenge. i like the idea of spring renewal and fresh starts, along with no guilt. i had gotten off track a bit in the past week, but this challenge seems to have resonated with me. i do want to get back in the saddle again before i do any major damage. my goal for this challenge is to lose 4 lbs; keep up with my regular exercise; and drink a bit more water. well, thanks for listening, and for the tea! hope you have a pleasant remainder of your evening. take care, all.

wsw
Old 03-09-2003, 08:07 PM   #15  

Smile Still Sunday!

Welcome wsw!! Glad to have you on board!
Help yourself to NO GUILT and Fresh Start Cards, take a life preserver too and let me throw another log in the wood stove.

Its always a treat for us to meet someone new as we get a new perpective and great ideas!
We're always looking for new tips and hints to add to the "arsenal".

Empress- If I was living in AZ (or somewhere warm) I'd be bragging too. Perhaps the tourism board could use you??

My favorite Sunday show starts in a few moments so I'll look for you all in the am. Just going to fill my cup and be off.

Saw another post where they were drinking Licorice tea. Anyone ever try it?

Thanks again for letting me vent and wail this week. It made all the difference to be able to vent !!
Closed Thread