South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Sliding into September Wednesday Beach Chat

Good Morning

It's September and it's hard to believe that Summer went so fast! Yes, I know, there are several great months ahead, but for me in Colorado, it will inevitably turn into Winter before long. Utmost on my mind is staying OP and looking ahead to make sure I have an exercise plan in place for the days when bike riding doesn't sound like so much fun.

Speaking of bikes, I rode 40 miles yesterday. DH was going to go fossil hunting so I decided I'd put my bike on the bus and head upvalley to Aspen. He decided he'd rather go with me (chivalry, I think) so we headed out on my adventure together. We bucked the wind all the way, but it was fun and now I can say "I did it". My realization, however, is I like bike commuting much better....a few miles every day is more my style.

So today will be about a ride to the pool and back with a little water aerobics inbetween...after dog walking, then home to get some paperwork done.

What's everyone up to? What thoughts and goals do you have as we work our way into fall? Stop and say Hi!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie Hey I'm impressed you can even get on a bike again today! Congratulations on that ride, it's an amazing accomplishment.

I'm trying a split day today - 1/2 day at each job. I'm getting good (and confident) at the new job but I'm lagging in time and work management skill. Unfortunately that leads to some insomnia. I hope to nip that cycle in the bud over the long weekend. I also plan to do a little structured planning and time management. I think that will keep me sane longer (or as close to sane as I ever am).

It may be the first of September but it's feels like July around here. Another day in the 90s I actually managed to exercise last night in spite of the heat but I wasn't enthusiastic about it.

Time to get that first cup of coffee in and check that off my To Do list I like to start with easy tasks.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:56 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, Cyndi. I hope your work day is successful and you're home before you know it! Enjoy that hot, I think our scorching days are over. I have a pretty comfy bike seat and some personal "padding" but I'll bet Kirk is sore today...that bony butt of his...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:33 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Wow Debbie, that was some bike ride! I'm very impressed, too. [Isn't there a thumbsup smiley? I can't seem to find it... pretend it's here, OK? ] I'm thinking I would be WALKING to the pool today after a ride like that, no matter how comfy my bike seat was. LOL

Cindy I'm in the same boat as you as far as the weather goes. It was sooooo hot in school yesterday, my little guys were miserable. I took the water table outside and put it in the shade for a while and that gave about half an hour of relief but there's very little shade on our playground after noon so we stayed inside and roasted. And today we get to go back and do it all over again. Ah well, soon enough I'll be crossing my fingers that it will get WARM enough to take the kids outside so I suppose I shouldn't complain. I hope your split day goes really, really well today.

Enjoy your Wednesday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 09-01-2010 at 06:34 AM. Reason: smiley problems
Old 09-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

September - I don't know if I am glad or sad.

Debbie - That sounds like quite a ride! Are you sore today? (Just saw the answer to that!) My husband is very into the whole drafting thing and the past two rides for us when we hit strong headwinds I rode behind him and it did make a difference.

Cyndi - Sanity is overrated

Heidi - I had forgotten that schools out that way don't necessarily have a/c. Keep cool!

No biking today thanks to storms. I have looked back over my summer, now that it is September, and cannot believe how fast it flew by and how horribly I veered of plan. I am a bit upset with myself today but moving on. (And trying to realize I did not really gain 3 pounds overnight thanks to my book club eating binge!)

Have a great day all!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:48 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Heidi! I'd like to think that as we track biking and walking, we'd meet up in the middle some day. Oh, poor everyone in the hot school rooms....I suppose they would still be enthusiastic in Kindergarten..

Hi Karen! No, you didn't gain 3 pounds! Hope you had fun-do you have a big mess to clean up? I think my DH is too skinny for drafting to work and I sure wouldn't want to be up front....actually I try to stay in front and call it setting the pace!

Take care!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-01-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post

Hi Karen! No, you didn't gain 3 pounds! Hope you had fun-do you have a big mess to clean up? I think my DH is too skinny for drafting to work and I sure wouldn't want to be up front....actually I try to stay in front and call it setting the pace!

Take care!
I cleaned it up last night. I am one of those people who hates to wake up to the mess the next day. It is a very small group so there was not much to do and the food all went into the trash (except for the cookies that went into DH). My husband is twice my size! I think that makes a difference. Usually I ride in front because I actually DO set the pace since I am the slower rider. My poor hubby gets much less of a workout when we ride than I do.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 294/197/160

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!

Debbie:40 miles is fantastic! I thought the 12 miles I did on my bike was something special What part of Colorado are you in? I live in the Denver area.

Cyndi: I would love to be in Vermont in these upcoming months because the fall is just so beautiful! When I was growing up in MA we would go up to Vermont every fall and drive the Kancamancus highway (I probably spelled that wrong).

Heidi: Stay cool! I will be going to Maine in two weeks for a ten day stay on Monhegan Island. I love it up there!

Karen: Book club? Do you have any suggestions for books I can read on my upcoming trip?

I am trying to get all my work done before I go on my vacation in two weeks, I have so much to do both at work and at home to get prepared for our trip. we have a new puppy that will be coming with us and she is half of the preparations since she will be flying in the cabin with us. I bought her a new sherpa last night that she was totally afraid of when we tried to get her to go in it. I think some doggy valium may be in order for this trip!

Have a lovely day ladies!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

swamped!

Last edited by KO; 09-01-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! Holy crap what a day already! Busybusybusy!

Tonight there's vball at 6, only 3 games this time thank goodness! Chris is going to get Anna's new mattress with his brother after work and then when I get home we'll start setting up Anna's room for her. Her bday isn't until the 9th but her birthday party will be this weekend so she's going to see her room when we get her back on Friday. New mattress, all new bedding for both beds (bunk bed,) new rugs, big fluffy pillows, new table with chrome base and round glass top to do homework at, new throw, a candle, new lamp, all in green and blue instead of red. We hope she likes!

Well anyhoozle better get to work. Hope you all are having a great day!

Lisa
Old 09-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #11  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Started my new online job this morning and forgot to check in here! So "hey" everyone. And with my new job comes a refreshing new routine. I even printed out a weekly routine checklist to keep me focused on the important things like exercise. (Funny, I actually have lunch on my list, as if I ever forget to eat . . . ).

Happy September to all, here's to fall . . . and falling numbers on the scale, all around (for those who want them that is . . .)

~~Sally
Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay0614 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Karen: Book club? Do you have any suggestions for books I can read on my upcoming trip?
Have you read "The Help?" We did that not too long ago and everyone I ever talk to really likes it. We just read "The 19th Wife" which is also very good IMO. I will go resurrect the thread on reading and let's see what comes up.

Now I need to stop procrastinating and get exercising!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 294/197/160

Height: 5'6"

Karen: My mom was reading "The Help" when I was visiting over the weekend and she said it was very good. Maybe I will ask her to bring it to Maine with her so I can take a chance reading it.

I bought "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" but I am having a hard time getting into it.

I recently read "Midwives" and "Water for Elephants" and both were outstanding reads.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #14  

Good Morning ladies,

Today is Day 4 for me on Phase 1. I am proud of myself. I had a sabatoger for a house guest and they tried to get me off track. I won! IT WAS HARD! They couldn't believe it. LOL

Today has started off with a good start. I have a new workout buddy! We both did our cardio on my eliptical and some lunges and ab work. We made plans for cardio in the morning too. We are using the Wii fit to weigh in and get our BMI's. I like it a lot. It is encouraging to watch my numbers go down on the graph it makes for you.

Well, just had my mid-morning snack. I'm off to the pediatrician's office for my three year old. She has been having a low grade fever and some cold symptoms.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay0614 View Post
Karen: My mom was reading "The Help" when I was visiting over the weekend and she said it was very good. Maybe I will ask her to bring it to Maine with her so I can take a chance reading it.

I bought "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" but I am having a hard time getting into it.

I recently read "Midwives" and "Water for Elephants" and both were outstanding reads.
I have read all of those. I don't think the Tattoo books live up to their hype. My tip with the first one, skim past all that financial legal mumbo jumbo at the beginning; it isn't critical to the plot. I finished the third one this summer and thought it was not very good but I kept reading hoping it would be something great. Funny how some books get so built up.
Closed Thread