PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default PCOS September 2010 Support

It's September 2010! (The Aug thread is here.)

Let's have a roll call! Who's here this month? How are you? What are you working on? How was last month? How's your PCOS management going?

Here's the exercise minutes for Sept too.

Let's beat this PCOS thing!

best wishes,
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 08-30-2010 at 10:49 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Who's here this month?

Me! Me! Still Astrophe-rhymes-with-Catastrophe!

How are you?

Excellent spirits. Work is going well, kid is back in school, wheee!

What are you working on? How was last month?

I want to lose weight and surprisingly lost some last month -- a modest change but a change nonetheless. I was surprised because I was all slacker with the exercise but good about the food log. I'd like to do better this month and work both those areas more. This is NOT my strong area.

How's your PCOS management going?

I have a lab this Thurs. Then an appt in Jan with another lab. So hopefully will keep seeing good changes like at last lab.

I quit the Glumetza -- made me feel weird. I really think the IR is dormant.

But I still have patches of AN on my ankles, elbows, inner thigh that aren't fading. Anyone deal with that?

Still trying to take the Spiro -- hard time remembering.

Still on Levoxyl for hypothyroid and Ortho-Cyclen for BCP/managing PCOS.

Still going with a Low GI approach.

Yay me!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 08-31-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Who's here this month?
Me! I've been on and off this forum for a while now. Will try to post more often & need your support ladies!

How are you?
Feeling motivated, have a goal & will try to stay focused this month!

What are you working on?
Weight loss & controlling my PCOS in general

How was last month?
Err... would rather not talk about it

Taking Actos - started taking it last August and has done wonders for my PCOS. My periods are regular again, I am able to lose some weight and my PCOS sypmtoms are a lot better in general.

Exercise & moderate carb diet (cutting out bread, sugar, white stuff in general) still eating fruits and veggies and some complex carbs.

Looking forward to this month
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:49 AM   #4  
pgh

Who's here this month?
I am.. i am as pgh!

How are you?
I'm ok. symptoms are decreasing but mood swings are still a bit of an issue. erratic sleep and inability to sleep continue to haunt me.

What are you working on?
Working out. I've managed the food bit and very well i must say but working out continues to remain a challenge. I want to average 5 times a week this month!!

How was last month?
Was ok .. lost 7 pounds. My skin is visibly clearing up (nice to get compliments). My jeans got really loose.. some more weight and maybe its time to shop for some clothes!

How's your PCOS management going
Keeping it simple .. just low GI and working out!

Sep is going to be about running like the wind!!
pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Who's here this month?
I am! Still here to fight another day

How are you?
Happy! Engaged last week and motivated and hopeful about the future. Now have a wedding goal in mind...but no wedding date as of yet.

What are you working on?
Working out. I have a gym at work and my girlfriend and I are going to start lifting weights over lunch. Add to that my walking/running at night and I hope to start to see some changes soon.

How was last month?
Frustrating. Diet was great last month but limited exercise. Gained and lost the same 3-4 pounds all month. No change.

Started Metformin at the beginning of the month. Haven't had a period in 2 mos even though I am on birth control. Never had problems with the facial hair or acne so I consider myself lucky in that regard but want to have kids some day so this needs to become regular. Part of this might be due to the surgery I had in July to remove a tumor in my uterus. Have my first appoint with an Endocronologist on Thurs. Blood work will probably be taken then.

PGH--the sleep thing was rough for me too. Dr finally put me on a sleeping aid and it has been working! Getting the full 8-9 though is rough with the kids (usually its more like 6-7). I have also used the 5 hour energy drinks a couple of times in the last week and love them! They pick me up when the PCOS would normally force me to take a nap. Good luck!
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Yay! Lot's already on board the September thread! Woot!

No exercise. Poor time management. But excellent work progress so that area of life is going well right now.

Somehow I ended up with chips and weirdness here though -- work leftovers that need to go away. If DH doesn't claim them in his snack bucket soon, I'm going to have to do something about sticking it in the trash. Total trigger foods laying around like this!

A.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:00 AM   #7  

Who's here this month?
Hello, Im new here. Was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance in the beginning of the year. Been struggling to lose weight for 2 years now.

How are you?
Trying to stay focused on my eating plan and exercise program. Been doing it for 3 weeks now with some weak moments in between. Considering doing Atkins diet.

What are you working on?
Taking Sibutramine and just trying to stay focused. I am waiting to hear if I am going to get a job promotion so stressing out a bit.

How was last month?
Started my plan and lost 3kg. Slow, but at least its getting there. Did a lot more exercise than usual.

Trying my best to cut carbs and only eat low GI. Im off the Glucophage and trying to control this naturally.
Samve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:38 AM   #8  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

I am back! Now I can check in whenever. My fiancee got tired of me complaining about my sloooooow iPhone 3 that he bought me the new iphone4. This this is like lightning speed compared to my old phone. So I will be checking in religiously. Lol. Oh thank goodness. I need this site like I need water LOL

Who's here this month?
Me! I love this place.

How are you?
Great! I have been walking the dog 3 times a week for an hour and a half & going to the gym 5 days a
week. I'm trying to work my way up to a good gym routine where I burn more calories than I eat. Hopefully I will be there soon.

What are you working on?
Trying to lose as much weight as possible by next year so I can go to my doc & get something to help me ovulate. My fiancee and I want a baby. We both have major baby fever LoL

How was last month?
August was great. Started my weight loss journey on August 9th & haven't stopped since. I have my best friend always in my ear reminding me to do this for the babies -- I love her!!!

Honestly, I need to go to the doc and have them give me something to help me lose this weight. Is there such thing?

I decided that the 1st of every month is going to be my weigh in day. I am going to hide the scale from me the entire month. I really want to make sure that I am losing weight and I think the 1st of the month is a great time to do that.

Well it's 1:36am & it's waaaaay passed my bedtime. I'm glad he got me my new phone & I can check in more often. Wish me luck on my weigh in tomorrow morning =D
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #9  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

Who's here this month?
Me.

How are you?

not doing so good. i haven't been watching my white carb intake i've just been eating whatever. i need to get back on track. i feel so depressed i've been trying to lose weight for the past 3 years and i can't seem to stop myself eating junk. i dont't know what to do/
What are you working on?
eating healthier so much periods can be regular again. i just had my right ovary removed about a month ago due to a cysts. if i want to have kids i got to take care of the the only ovary i got left.

How was last month?
horrible!

not good at all.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Nicoya! - long time no see. You're brave hiding the scale, I think I'd die without stepping on every couple of days... lol

Samve - Welcome on board!

LaughingGirl - congrats on getting engaged! good luck with your goals

pgh - yay for the 7 lbs lost!! thats amazing! keep it up

astrophe - hate trigger foods too. chips & chocolate bars are my weakness.

helwa - I did horrible last month too although I had goals & stuff ready but I wasn't focused enough to stick with it. Lets make this month better =)

Its finally September! Not excited about turning 29 this month but I am excited that its a new month and that I can start fresh again. Going to start C25k this month and got dance shoes for my Zumba workouts. Will see how it goes tonight.

JB.
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #11  
HE'S my motivation!

Astrophe - Oh I know but I was getting on it ALL the time and it was getting to the point where I was getting depressed because I was staying in the same area. But I have lost weight so on to another month of exercise and hopefully another 6-7lbs gone =) Slow and steady wins the race =)

JB - It's a new month - take last month as a lesson learned and this month all of us well help each other stay on track. =)

PGH - You can do it!!! Oh how fun it will be to go shopping for smaller clothes. Keep it up!

Laughing girl78 - Congrats! Ugh the stress on planning a wedding. I haven't even started LOL

Samve - Welcome =) Sounds like you're on the right track. This forum is filled with wonderful people that are here for you when you need them, including me =)

Helwa588 - I have been there. Actually I'm sort of still there. What I do: is say this is what I want to eat but this is what I'm going to eat. Then make the wise decision & eat the right thing. But start slowly. Like I first cut out soda. I haven't had soda since May 1st. You can do ... I promise.

JB - Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

Almost forgot about me LOL Well it's still early. I'm at work - gonna have lunch in a minute. Just wanted to check in. Tonight I'm planning on walking the dog to log in some workout time =) Hope you all have a wonderful day and I will be back later to check in.

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 09-01-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:40 AM   #12  
WW Moderator

Who's here this month?
I'm here...I've not been a regular chatter, at all. I need to do better at that so I can keep my mind focused on what is important.

How are you?
I'm burning the candle at both ends. I'm trying to get that worked out so I can take better care of myself and my family.

What are you working on?

I'm trying to be a better exerciser. I know that is key with IR. Mostly I sleepwalk, so this is going to be my main challenge for September. Eating has been on track since June.

How was last month?

I got scared for a bit - my face started breaking out. But it went away as fast as it came. I battled acne years ago and have kept it under control, so that scared me. I had blood work done last month and it was great. I did get dx with high BP though. I started Meds for that about 7 weeks ago and that is doing fine.

Eating is perfectly on track and I feel great. I have to keep working on exercise.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

Who's here this month?
chouchoubou

How are you?
I am just fine thanks how's everybody else?

What are you working on? How was last month?
I am trying to stay under 165 lbs and lose this last 5 to get out of the 160 range. I've been naughty and nice

Same about.... I'm noticing some muscle tone on my legs and arms which is kind of cool. I am wondering what i will look like at 150 lbs. It's a daydream that I want terribly to be real.

Have a successful month everyone!
chouchoubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Who's here this month?
Hi! I've been lurking a bit I have PCOS, discovered it after a year of TTC, its now been over 2 years and found out my husband has a sperm problem (he doesn't have any) but i'm still treating the PCOS with metformin

How are you?
anxious and worried but optimistic!

What are you working on?
Losing weight so when/if we have to do IVF I qualify for the warranty (meaning if i dont get pregnant I get part of the money back but in order to do that I have to have a BMI of under 30, its currently 34-35ish)

How was last month?
broke my plateau but only a net loss of 1.2 lbs

good I think, I haven't had my levels tested in awhile. However my stupid long cycles (60+ days) have gone down to in the 20s! Which is sort of nice but sucks too, who wants AF 2x a month? not me!!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:23 AM   #15  
HE'S my motivation!

Another wonderful day at the gym. I am so tired & so hot. This heat at 1am is driving me nuts. I want to go to sleep LOL How is everyone else doing??