Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 12:56 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at Home Mom's #70

Stay at home Mom's #70

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #69 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 03-05-2003, 01:10 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
This is going to be short- I am still feeling a bit off and just wanted to go online for a short while.

Melissa- congrats on getting such a head start on the baby's room! I know it seems to be so far off.....but August will be here before you know it- and back to school shopping and all that stuff, so it is good that you are prepared a bit early. Now you can RELAX!!!!!!! (please ).

I did stay home today- between Dd being so sick and me not feeling all that well it was the right thing to do. I just wish that I had the energy to do some more around the house. I am so droopy. Dd still has a fever.......100.6 but she seems to be picking up a bit. I got to my WI this morning......would not have gone if it were not that a friend was going with me for the first time. She has the same situation as me- this is the only meeting that is during the day and we do not have to leave our families at meal time for. So- I am glad that she joined me- we can inspire each other!
Ok, don't get too excited......I lost 1.4#. I am happy- TOM is a day or so away......and I did snitch some chocolate yesterday.
The meeting was long but good- she asked each of us to pick one of the 8 steps to weight loss (from WW week one) - the step that is giving us the hardest time and focusing on that. For me it is avoiding the sweets and fats. (go figure!) And then how to come up with a coping strategy to take care of that weak point.

Sorry that I am not my usual Tiggerific self......
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 03-06-2003, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Ginny sorry that you are still not feeling like yourself. But you will get better soon!! Congrats on the loss! That is so greta. Slow and steady wins the race. And you are definitely a loser here! lol
Mel, I know what you mean about wanting to get all the baby's things in order. I have practically nothing! I have the crib and that is it. And it's still in the shed. I'm starting to feel anxious. We need to start buying so much. Dresser, car seat, stroller, tub, new changing pad for our changing table, clothes clothes and more clothes. All I have is one outfit so far. How sad is that? But I've been waiting for it to warm up to start shopping. Well tomorrow it will be in the mid 60's here and saturday almost 70! I am so excited. I think spring may be here after all. Maybe I'll hit some yard sales saturday. That would be fun.
Well, I didn't get my appointment yesterday. The office called and said she had an emergency and I needed to rechedule. So it's for this coming up wednesday. I was a little bummed by that news. I always look forward to my midwife appointments. It gets me out of the house and time alone with my DH. Then a book I ordered came in yesterday and it was not what I was expecting. So that added to my disapointment of the day. Like I mentioned before I was really battling hormoned lately and all this didn't help. BUT...
My DH took me out to dinner last night and while we were there the funniest thing happened. My DH and all of us were eating and the kids were being great and then DH dropped some food on his shirt and he was trying to get the spot off with his napkin when the manager came up and asked if he need this (holding up a BIB) and my DH looked confused because the kids were having no problems keeping the food off of them and then he realized the bib was for him! His face was priceless!! It was so funny. The manager started laughing hard and so did I and then my DH gave in and laughed too. It was so funny. well, maybe you had to be there. But it made my day and I lightened up after that. I also bought me a 1000 piece puzzle to put together. That was nice too. I got all the edges and a few inside pieces done last night and it was really a stress reliever. I needed that. I guess I've been really stressed lately and not known it. But I feel great today. It's warming up outside which makes me smile. And I'm in a great mood. Lets hope it stays this way!
Well, now that I wrote a novel, I'll get off here. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 03-06-2003, 12:19 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Actually it is afternoon now. Duh.
Spryng- I love that bib story with Dh! How funny! How did the kids react? Good for you on starting a new puzzle. Dh and I used to do them, and yes they are so relaxing.....rather addicting at times too! Enjoy it and the relaxation that it gives you.
As far as baby stuff goes, you still have lots of time- and I think it is a good idea to wait until warmer weather sets in. Just think- you were just a hoppin' decorating 2 rooms and installing a new kitchen in record time. Go easy on yourself and take a much needed break!!!!!! Sorry about the cancelled appointment- maybe you needed the time to slow down a bit.

As for me.....it is snowing again!!!!! So all 3 kiddies are home. Dd is babysitting next door, Ds is making sketches in his room and Dd is waiting to play in the white stuff. She still looks droopy- seems tired, but had a normal temp this am. It will be interesting what 3 pm brings, when she has spiked to 102 all week. According to the Dr's office, this is going around and takes 5 or sometimes more days to go away. So she will stay home tomorrow also.

Guess I had better get out there in the white stuff. Hope that everyone is ok out there. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 03-06-2003, 12:36 PM   #5  

ok, can someone help me post a picture? the picture is 9.40 kb and everytime I try to post it it won't let me. Says the file is too big but it's not because it says it exceeds 51,000 and it's only 9000. Can anyone help?
Old 03-06-2003, 03:27 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

I'd love to help.......but have never posted a picture before. Misti/Michele (remember her?) has if you have her email maybe you can try asking her.
Lots of luck!!!!!
Ginny
Old 03-06-2003, 08:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

hehe I'm still here Ginny! Yep this is Misty Michele :P aww I still check in on you guys every week and read your posts. I do love you all dearly ya know. And I'm so tickled about Spryng and Mel's pregancies. Got alittle bit of baby fever myself ... but we are still engrossed in the remodeling of our home. Sooo another child is still on the back burner. Spryng I'd be glad to help ya hun. My email is [email protected]. Just email the photo to me if you like and I can post it for you.
Oh I'll apologize too for only lurking around here. I do want to post more but it seems everytime I sit down to read i have a million other things going on... like now lol today was my younest' birthday she's 2! So I still have loads of things to clean up.
I'm off to clean and get in the bed soon I hope.
Nighters
Misty
Old 03-07-2003, 10:29 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!
Michele!!!!!! Gee it is great to hear from you!!! I remembered that you had briefly posted your picture on this web site (remember last year when we were guessing what each other looked like?).
So I assumed that you had the brains to figure out what alll this posting a picture was all about. Thanks for offering your help.
We miss you!!! (but, see, we don't forget you!) Happy B day to your 2 year old! What a great ,but messy age. I know that you get busy with Dh's business and just life in general. Stop in and say hello when you can!!!! (you must think I am totally nuts by now for all the times I post by myself and answer myself).

Well today was back to school. The roads are still a bit challenging, and my morning run took a few minutes longer than the normal. I can't say that; I was happy to get back.......I kind of enjoyed my 2 days off. I still have Dd home, last night the fever finally showed signs of retreating- she only went up to 100.4 or so (as opposed to 102). She still looks droopy and does not eat all that much, but is acting a bit more normal. I 'm still draggy too......and after I get off line I might lay down for a wee bit.
My eating has been ok- I've been within points for each day. Excercise is out of the question, I just do not have the spunk for it. (although I did shovel a lot of snow yesterday, guess that counts for something, eh?)
Enough blabbering. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 03-07-2003, 01:06 PM   #9  

Good afternoon all!
Misty!! Oh, I have missed you!! I know you are busy but boy do I wish you would post more often, even if you aren't dieting. You were a great friend to me. I gave up on the picture posting. I decided that if you guys want to see what I look like and a belly pic then email me at [email protected] and I'll email you the pictures. I know how to do that lol.
How is everyone's day going? It's absolutely beautiful here today!! It's already in the mid 50's and climbing. The kids are playing outside and enjoying it like crazy, and I enjoy the quietness of the house. SO today I plan on cleaning some and then relaxing. I'm tired already. I didn't sleep too well last night. But I plan on getting a nap in today, that's for sure.
Well, I got to go. Talk to you all later!
Old 03-08-2003, 09:16 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Just a quick hello- I was walking past the 'puter to get some cat food.......and well, just had to say hello.
Dh is now sick too- the same thing that the rest of us have had. And he is a bit upset as he got sick on the weekend.....and could not take advantage of the snow day to get better as I did. I hope that he feels better soon. Dd has broken out into an awful cough- which as I understand is the back end of this nasty virus.
Gonna be an interesting weekend.

Spryng- great that you got some relaxation time! You were starting to sound so stressed- and were so busy. Hope that you got a great nites rest, some housework done (just to make you feel as though you accomplished something) and most importantly a few minutes to yourself. Considering that you just moved, became pregnant, and redid your house........that is a lot to handle!!!!! You are doing great! I would love to see what you look like....belly and all!!!

Michelle- we miss you!!!
Jackie- dittos!!!!!!!!!!Hope that you are feeling better.......last we heard you had some sickies and were under the weather too.
I know I am missing others.....both Karens......brain dead me. Please forgive me.
I had better go get in the shower.
Have a great weekend!
Ginny
Old 03-08-2003, 01:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

Ah....I finally have a day where I don't have to rush out the door so early in the morning! Matter of factly-I'm still in my jammies!
Oh well, I deserve it-don't I? My brain isn't functioning too well without a shower, so bare with me. Ginny: I hope that everyone is over that lousy bug in your house by now! I'm managing to get over mine & am feeling tons better. Now back to you: Congrats on the weightloss & I'm so proud of you for attending another WW meeting. You're getting me motivated, girl! I'm going to stop posting for now due to me noticing that Spryng has posted pictures? I will be back to edit, okay? I'm back! I guess I'll have to wait 'til Spryng e-mails me the pictures. Please hurry, okay? (I have a very short attention span.) Spryng: Glad that you are feeling better. And for your weather goes: 50+ degrees outside, how nice! We are stuck in the middle of a snowfall right now. The stuff looks pretty & all, but I'm actually starting to get spring fever. I shouldn't complain though because we hardly got any snow this winter. Another nice thing is that it will keep my dh inside this weekend. (That can be good or bad!) I will try & keep him busy with a few inside projects. 1.) Installing a new light in the laundry room 2.) Hanging some pictures 3.) Going through some old clothes in the master bedroom closet I'm sure I'll hear enough NASCAR engines on speedvision this weekend also! Misty: It's great to hear from you again! Come stop by for a visit more often! Uh oh! DH just got home & wants some lunch. I'll try & stop in later to finish posting.
TTFN!

Last edited by Freckles; 03-08-2003 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:53 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Just me again!!!!
Sorry for stopping in again, but I was going past the 'puter, and thought I would stop in and see what was new.

Jackie- great to hear from you! How long did it take to chase the bug out of your house? Golly, I think it really likes it here- moved in for keeps! I am glad that you did not have to run out this morning and could hang out for a while. Sounds like you needed a break!! How is FIL doing? Are you still busy with caring for him?
I hope that you were able to get Dh to get to those inside repairs- and maybe help chase away the winter blahs.

Guess I am posting because I just need to vent a wee bit. It seems as though we have been sick for a long time- and now with Dh under it is tough. (he can be such an awful patient, but feels so lousy with this that we have hardly seen him). We were supposed to go to the movies this weekend on a date- guess that will have to wait. Tomorrow I am taking Dd to her softball practice. That will be interesting. Her coaches are super obsessive- and signing up the team for a lot of tournaments- and I have a major disagreement with them on that. Too many travel weekends as far as I am concerned. I would like to see my daughter sometimes- at home with her family.
Oh, well- guess I have vented enough......and am probably not making all that much sense anyway.
Better go check on the troops upstairs! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Ginny
Old 03-09-2003, 12:19 AM   #13  

Good evening all!
I hope everyone's weekend is going well. Mine is. Well, sort of. I think I am getting a cold. That's the great thing about a couple of days of warm weather and then turning cold again... it makes you sick. My nose is runny and my head aches a little. But I took some tylenol cold and am feeling pretty good tonight. The kids are getting it too but they are completely doped up on tylenol cold, vitamin c and their multivitamins so they should kick it pretty soon.
This morning we had a bit of a scare. I got up and felt fine. Ate some cereal for breakfast and then hopped in the shower and about fainted! I had to sit until I could stand again. I got out and tried to brush my hair and I got weak and nausious (sp?) so I got my DH to brush my hair and I couldn't even sit in front of him without wanting to lie down or sleep. It was terrible. I went and laid down on the bed and out of curiosity checked my blood pressure with DH's machine and it was 79 over 47!! That is way low for me. Mine always runs 120/75 pregnant or not. DH called the ER to ask what we should do and at first they told me to come in (it's an hour drive) and then my pressure started to come back up so I called them back and told them and they said to wait it out. Just to keep an eye on it and all that and to rest. Well it has taken all day long to get up. ANd it's still not normal. It's 106/68. But I feel ok now. It was scary though.
Well, it's after 11 pm here and I am beat. I'll try to get more personal tomorrow! And Jackie and Ginny I did send you those pictures! If anyone else wants to see my mug shot just email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to scare you (I mean show them) to you! lol
Old 03-09-2003, 07:33 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello.
Spryng- how are you??? I'm worried silly- did you call your midwife about your BP? Please take care of yourself- and do not overexhert. 106/68 is very low........but still approaching normal.
Keep us informed as to how you are doing, ok?
I did not as of yet get your pictures- but then there is usually a lot of internet traffic on weekends. Can't wait to see them!

So far I did stay within points and actually got a point or two of activity points in. I walked with Dd while she rode her bike- for about 15 minutes and then went for a brisk walk/jog with the other Dd (training for softball). Not sure how to count all those points......I have the literature now but I am sure that I earned at least one!
Gotta go- Dh is still sick, Dd is tired and I had better get back up to see them.
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 03-09-2003, 10:26 PM   #15  

Good evening all!
No I couldn't call my midwife because it was saturday and she isn't in on weekends but I did talk to the on call obgyn at the maternity ward. When I told him it was coming back up he said just to keep a close eye on it. But I was like you, very worried. My blood pressure never fluctuates and definitely never drops like it did so it had me scared too. But I took it easy all day and today I felt great. Made a big roasted chicken dinner and had a couple that are great friends of ours over for dinner (she's pregnant with their first baby, due in May) it was very nice and relaxing. Now the kids are down for the night and I am unwinding.
Sounds like your excerise has been great Ginny! You should've definitely earned some points for the jogging/brisk walking you did.
Well, guess I'll get off here. Another good weekend coming to an end. Hope everyone's was great!
Closed Thread