Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Default Life after Phase 1

LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL THREAD UNTIL IT GETS STICKIED: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

Now look what I've done!

Mods, when you edit the original thread (and by all means, please take out any reference to my clothing I might have made!), can you add in posts from this thread (primarily by Novak I'm guessing) which have ongoing relevance, so we can access them as well?

Thanks!

Last edited by Midlife Meggie; 08-26-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #2  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Ok so I am gone for a few days and our original thread was closed ..... I had a major panic attack but then I calmed down and found you all again. So this week has been crazy... back on phase 1 since I got back from holidays really because I havent had time to grocery shop nor cook so the packets are super easy and ketosis and I are in love.... I feel great even supercharged plus I can get lots done as I dont need much sleep... where has the summer gone?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wondering?

I was wondering if anyone has heard from Chaplinswife....it has been awhile since I have seen her on IP forum.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #4  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Now look what I've done!

Mods, when you edit the original thread (and by all means, please take out any reference to my clothing I might have made!), can you add in posts from this thread (primarily by Novak I'm guessing) which have ongoing relevance, so we can access them as well?

Thanks!
Hey, darlin'... Ruth locked but I think forgot to Sticky. Could you edit to link back to the original Life After before it falls off the page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Ok so I am gone for a few days and our original thread was closed ..... I had a major panic attack but then I calmed down and found you all again. So this week has been crazy... back on phase 1 since I got back from holidays really because I havent had time to grocery shop nor cook so the packets are super easy and ketosis and I are in love.... I feel great even supercharged plus I can get lots done as I dont need much sleep... where has the summer gone?
I know... with you gone, they figured it wasn't worth keeping it open. Don't abandon us like that again.

How long are you back on Phase 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
I was wondering if anyone has heard from Chaplinswife....it has been awhile since I have seen her on IP forum.
Not since June, I think.

Last edited by Novak; 08-26-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Yikes, just as I'm about to leave phase I the thread disappeared. Panic time! So glad I found it again.

I'm 6 lbs away from my goal and my plan is to start phase III on 9/4, with phase II several days in advance. I'm on vacation starting the 4th and thought it would be a lot easier to do the big breakfasts while I'm home. Hopefully I'll have hit goal by then, but if not, I'll be very close, and very happy.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #6  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Yikes, just as I'm about to leave phase I the thread disappeared. Panic time! So glad I found it again.

I'm 6 lbs away from my goal and my plan is to start phase III on 9/4, with phase II several days in advance. I'm on vacation starting the 4th and thought it would be a lot easier to do the big breakfasts while I'm home. Hopefully I'll have hit goal by then, but if not, I'll be very close, and very happy.
Brilliant! You're SO close! The big breakfasts are calling your name!

LOOKS LIKE WE GOT STICKIED!

Last edited by Novak; 08-27-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Moving to Phase 2?

I have a question about moving to phase 2. I am currently on phase 1, weighing 145.5 on my home scale, my original goal was 140, thinking now I may go as low as 136. But I want to make sure I give myself the 3-5 lb cushion to regain when I start eating carbs. My coach says basically it's up to me about switching to phase 2. I will have been on phase 1 six weeks this Sunday. I have lost 19.5 1bs. My coach is pretty strict and I have had no restricted packets or restricted veggies the entire time, and no cheats. My weight loss averaged 4 lbs a week for the first four weeks, but for the last 2 weeks, I'm only averaging 2 lbs of loss. and my Question is...When should I switch to phase 2? Any opinions? Don't want to slow down my weight loss, but don't want to stall out either. I'm down to only chocolate pudding and omelets that I like for packets.

Kelley
Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
I have a question about moving to phase 2. I am currently on phase 1, weighing 145.5 on my home scale, my original goal was 140, thinking now I may go as low as 136. But I want to make sure I give myself the 3-5 lb cushion to regain when I start eating carbs. My coach says basically it's up to me about switching to phase 2. I will have been on phase 1 six weeks this Sunday. I have lost 19.5 1bs. My coach is pretty strict and I have had no restricted packets or restricted veggies the entire time, and no cheats. My weight loss averaged 4 lbs a week for the first four weeks, but for the last 2 weeks, I'm only averaging 2 lbs of loss. and my Question is...When should I switch to phase 2? Any opinions? Don't want to slow down my weight loss, but don't want to stall out either. I'm down to only chocolate pudding and omelets that I like for packets.

Kelley
Hi, Kelley, If your starting weight was 166 like your profile says, then haven't you lost 20.5 pounds? If you stick with your original goal of 140, that would put you at 80% of your weight lost, which was when I went to Phase 2. Most people on the boards switched at 90%, which means you'd have to lose 3 more pounds. However, if you want to use 136 as your goal, you have to lose 24 pounds to put you at 80% or 27 pounds to put you at 90%. Personally, I think that moving on to Phase 2 now might jump start your loss a little, maybe speed things up again. In the end, it's entirely your decision, just as your coach says.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #9  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:

Kelley
My perspective is slightly different, as I was at 96% of my goal when I moved to Phase 2.... I had stayed on to overlap a week with my sister, who was just starting the program. I hit my target on day 8 of Phase 2, lost 2 more pounds as I stayed on it a few days so I could start Phase 3 on a Saturday, then lost a few pounds more (albeit less quickly) as I transitioned to maintenance.

A couple of points:

Your average is terrific, so don't even think about that. I also slowed a bit as I was wrapping up (~2 pounds average for the last 3 weeks in Phase 1), but I was also losing inches and clothing sizes like crazy. That continued even in transition, when the weight came off slowly (or stopped) in Phases 3 and 4.

Your current target does not get you to a 22 BMI, nor will it cover the glycogen add-back. While it was not my plan, I am THRILLED that I went a little lower than my goal. If you move to Phase 2 now, you will probably need to be there more than two weeks at your current pace.

My recommendation would be to shoot for the lower number, and move to Phase 2 when you hit 90%. For me, taking off the last 10 pounds was a little magical, because of all the changes my body was going through in response to losing so much fat, so I don't view it as a bad place to be.

You have a couple of opinions to consider, so give it some thought. Whatever you decide to do will get you there eventually, so go with what you think will work best for you.

Good luck!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #10  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:

Kelley
Kelley-I have just started phase 2 because I am leaving for Italy in a week for 10 days. I wanted to have more choices of protein on the trip and to carry less IP food with me. I am at about 80% of my goal. My IP doc and I both wanted me to be at more like 90 or 95% so that would be my suggestion for you. I have been on IP for a long time now-- a bit of a change will probably be good. And I will go back to phase 1 when I return if I need to. But for you, just know that my IP doc really feels that 90% is a much better choice. Hope that helps and good luck!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-28-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #11  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Kelley-I have just started phase 2 because I am leaving for Italy in a week for 10 days. I wanted to have more choices of protein on the trip and to carry less IP food with me. I am at about 80% of my goal. My IP doc and I both wanted me to be at more like 90 or 95% so that would be my suggestion for you. I have been on IP for a long time now-- a bit of a change will probably be good. And I will go back to phase 1 when I return if I need to. But for you, just know that my IP doc really feels that 90% is a much better choice. Hope that helps and good luck!
Well, there you go... Tricia is a rock star. You should listen to her.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #12  

Okay, so just to recapitulate in capsule form for my SKIINNNNYYYYY husband, Phase 2 is exactly the same as Phase 1 with the exception that Lunch is now a duplicate of dinner instead of an IP protein pak plus veggies. I think I can handle this....

Change. Ugh.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #13  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Okay, so just to recapitulate in capsule form for my SKIINNNNYYYYY husband, Phase 2 is exactly the same as Phase 1 with the exception that Lunch is now a duplicate of dinner instead of an IP protein pak plus veggies. I think I can handle this....

Change. Ugh.
You got it, darlin". It will only hurt when he gets the big Phase 3 breakfast and you don't...
Old 08-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #14  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

I have been reading my way through the old "life after phase I" thread and WILL finish it, but in the meantime a girl needs to eat.

here I am in day 2 in the land of big breakfasts and looking for ideas. I want to be introducing habits I know I can sustain in my new life, so I don't end up where I was before. (Eating a starbucks protein shake and a double shot of espresso and calling it breakfast, etc.)

I'd rather not have eggs every day and I don't eat yougurt, so I'm thinking about making some breakfast menus that don't assume either of those for protein. Also, I'd like to have some breakfasts I can make the night before, then eat them in the cab on the way to the airport (which is a 30 minute ride almost every week. Getting up, cooking and then cleaning up at 5am is just so not going to happen in my life).

So, first question: Is it possible to keep a RTD or other product for the protein, or is the idea to get onto all whole protein?

and, Here's my first idea and I'd love some feedback.

BREAKFAST SANDWICH
1 orowheat sandwich thin (22g carb, 5g fiber, 100 calories, made with sucralose and no sugar)
3 strips bacon
Sprinklings of low fat cheese (or maybe 2T reduced fat cream cheese?)

PLUS
1 vanilla RTD
1 box raisins (22 carbs, 2g fiber, 90 calories)

does that meet all the requirements? Funny, this is like learning a new language. But I'm really excited to become foodie "bi-lingual" at last!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #15  

WHO did the egg in the coffee cup in the microwave and knows how not to let it explode??? I'm pretty sure it was on this thread (or the earlier incarnation thereof) but the search function is DYSfunctional and no one jumped up to reply on the daily chatterbox. HELP!

(Rocky Monarch that bacon sandwich sounds too divine to believe. YUM.)
Closed Thread