20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default ~~~Team Artemis Week 1 Chat~~~

Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Here is your Team:

2muchbelly
armywife88
Brown
ChubbyBun
DivineFidelity
Everlasting (Team Leader)
Heather26
jenn33082
kaciesmom
Laureedee
lusciousskittles
mommy1028
nicollem
peachykeen62
Rashomon
SarahD140
smgleason
sun
theresac
zarra
Old 08-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

GO TEAM ARTEMIS!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #3  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Whooo! Go team Artemis! Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #4  
Don't ever give up!

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

WOOOHOOOO TEAM ARTEMIS!

Last edited by lusciousskittles; 09-02-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Woohoo team Artemis! I am honored to be your team leader, and I hope everyone is as excited about the challenge as I am! If you need anything please let me know!

I shall introduce myself. I am Chris, and I've been working at this weight loss thing for awhile, though have only really succeeded since about last fall when I first joined this forum (thanks to all this positive encouragement). I'm what we're gonna call a super duper senior at NMU, studying the environmental sciences and biology. My favorite healthy food is a creation I've invented called grilled chicken on eggplant and spinach with a little bit of cheese and garlic. Actually I need to make a real cool name for it so it sounds like something fancy. It is absolutely delicious, and my favored form of exercise is belly dancing, though I'm also a runner now, and pretty much like anything outdoors (not really into competitive sports though).

Introduce yourselves and maybe to get started tell us your favorite healthy food (or how you've manipulated one of those old unhealthy favorites into something delicious and nutritious) and your favorite form of exercise!

Oh and I am not the greatest with graphics, so if anyone IS and would like to make us a banner to post for our team, please do so.

Last edited by Everlasting; 08-26-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

I'm so excited about this challenge! I could definitely use the extra push now that the holidays are coming. If you wanna know more about me, it's in my profile. And I'm here if anyone needs extra support.

Oh yeah, I also made a team sig that I'm displaying. Feel free to snag it if you want. And go team go!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Chubbybun - It could be my work blocking it, but I can't see the graphic. I'll check it this weekend on my home comp.

Hi girls!! I am Jenn. I am married to a wonderful man and have an adorable 14 month old son; he is my whole world. I work for a Commercial bank in NC. I follow SB but as I continue this journey, I have found that SB isn't really a program so much as it teaches you the healthy way to eat. I feel that I can keep these principals up throughout my life. I also do Jazzercise 2 days a week. I would do more but it takes time away from my little man so 2 is my limit.

I'm excited for the challenge! Its nice to have that added motivation.

Good luck all!!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #8  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys! My name is Rachel...and I don't have much time to introduce myself right now....I've got to leave for work in 30 minutes and I haven't started getting ready yet...lol. I have a hectic life. I work 6 days a week (5 days are from 9am to 6pm, and one day is from 9am to 1pm) and am taking 12 hours worth of classes online. I love my job, but after work and school work I'm having SO much trouble finding time to get my butt up to go to the gym....and I'm not doing so well with tracking my weight either. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm back up over 190 again when I weigh in for this challenge, because it's been a couple of weeks since I've weighed myself because I've been so stressed out by money and classes and my laptop breaking and my phone breaking that I just have not been caring at all. I think this challenge is EXACTLY what I need to get back on track.

WELL, I've really got to go get ready for work now...so I hope everyone has a great day! =D
Old 08-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Chubbybun- Nice sig, I think we will all steal it!

Jenn- I hear so much about the SB diet, that I might have to read up on it.

Divine- Ugh, I know what you mean. I haven't so much been sabotaging my efforts and not caring, but adjusting to living in this new house is tricky, and it's hard to find time for anything. I just moved into the women's ministry house on my campus and while it's a lovely experience... it's... time consuming. I'm thankful that I signed up for classes that force me to be at the gym. This challenge will be helpful too!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: (High:270) C:212/210.4/160

Height: 5'5

Hey Everyone!

My name is Christina. I am married to my high school sweetheart and we have a 5 year old son. He's starting full time kindergarten on the 7th.

I've decided that I'm going to do the C25K program M-W-F and do 30 day shred Tues and Thrus and then bike ride with the family over the weekends. I'm currently doing the SB diet (as of yesterday). I was doing WW but lower carb just works better for me. My favorite 'diet food' is low carb jalapeņo poppers.

It's nice to 'meet' you all.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #11  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

hello everyone! my name is Sun and I am a sahm and have a gorgeous 2 year old(in Sept) daughter with special needs. I do alot of running around with her for therapy and docs and so have a very busy lifestyle.

My weight loss journey began after having her and dealing with the adjustment to her issues(which were caused by medical negligence) I was seriously depressed and ballooned upto 185~

I want to get back to my small self and look like the hot mama I am I am half way to 125 and am really looking forward to all the support and fun this challenge will bring.
I am currently doing c25k and calorie counting. I like to cahnge things up every couple of months and have done P90X, body weight exercises and aerobics.
Here we goooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by sun; 08-27-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #12  

I'm excited for the challenge to start. I'm just starting to shift from regular low carb dieting to eating more primal (including dairy). I've cleaned out the cupboards and bought a bunch of fresh produce. I'm ready!

Oh, and I do at least one hour-long yoga class most days of the week. Was on hiatus from weightlifting, and should be starting that up again shortly. I usually also swim a couple days a week for an hour.

Last edited by Brown; 08-28-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 291.2/287.7/250

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone my name is Nicole. I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful 2 year old in October. I am 20 years old, married my high school sweetheart May 15 of this year. We have been together since freshman year so working on 6 great years together.
Checked the scale today and I am down another 2.6 lbs. since i started this challenge. So close to a 10 lbs. loss and I am excited! I work out every day weight lifting every other day. I also use Hip Hop Abs the days I'm not using weights. I am trying to walk a mile every day but I think I get that running after my daughter throughout the day.
Hope everyone is having a great day and can't wait to meet everyone!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #14  
Future Skinny Pastry Chef

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! This is my first BL challenge and I joined mostly because I'm so competitive and hate to lose that hopefully it'll motivate me enough to lose as much weight as I can!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #15  

Hey team! My name is Chloe and my middle name is Artemis...YAY! I am currently a senior in college(when did that happen????). I follow a pescetarian diet and try to eat as few processed foods as possible and as many whole grains as I can. I don't know how much I would like to lose for this challenege,maybe 6 pounds? That would be nice .

GO TEAM ARTEMIS!!!
Closed Thread