View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #8

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
I have a question about moving to phase 2. I am currently on phase 1, weighing 145.5 on my home scale, my original goal was 140, thinking now I may go as low as 136. But I want to make sure I give myself the 3-5 lb cushion to regain when I start eating carbs. My coach says basically it's up to me about switching to phase 2. I will have been on phase 1 six weeks this Sunday. I have lost 19.5 1bs. My coach is pretty strict and I have had no restricted packets or restricted veggies the entire time, and no cheats. My weight loss averaged 4 lbs a week for the first four weeks, but for the last 2 weeks, I'm only averaging 2 lbs of loss. and my Question is...When should I switch to phase 2? Any opinions? Don't want to slow down my weight loss, but don't want to stall out either. I'm down to only chocolate pudding and omelets that I like for packets.

Hi, Kelley, If your starting weight was 166 like your profile says, then haven't you lost 20.5 pounds? If you stick with your original goal of 140, that would put you at 80% of your weight lost, which was when I went to Phase 2. Most people on the boards switched at 90%, which means you'd have to lose 3 more pounds. However, if you want to use 136 as your goal, you have to lose 24 pounds to put you at 80% or 27 pounds to put you at 90%. Personally, I think that moving on to Phase 2 now might jump start your loss a little, maybe speed things up again. In the end, it's entirely your decision, just as your coach says.