South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Fabulous Friday!

It's coolish and very star studded out there this morning. I am so looking forward to this next week of fun and relaxation.

Cottage is probably already on her way to the airport. Our distance from Cape Breton is about the same but she has two flights and I have one. When we get to Halifax airport, we still have a five hour drive to get to our house in Cape Breton so we'll be pretty tired by tonight.

I'm a last minute packer so I guess I'd better glug my coffee and start putting things in the suitcase. The weather prediction is absolutely great - one last long drink of summer weather coming up although I'm taking something cozy for evenings. I always take too many clothes but will try to pare it down this time.

Have a great week, Beachies, and there is still one more long weekend after this one. Cottage and I may pop in while we're gone if we hit the library with Internet connection.

Happy weekend.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning....still HOT here!!

I have to skip the gym this morning to get to school early to get some stuff done for next week. sigh.

I was just looking through the New Orleans paper and saw where one of my best friends from high school passed away. So sad. He was one of the cutest guys ever. Dated my best girl buddy. Gorgeous blue eyes, the greatest smile, cute, funny etc. I had heard that he had gotten very overweight. Another reason to stay as healthy as I can. It's really scary when people you remember as young healthy skinny kids die.

Between that and all this Katrina stuff they keep putting on TV, I'll be glad when next week is here. I wish the media would just let it go. No one wants to relive that time that changed our lives forever. It's just upsetting. I want to forget all of it and just put it all in the past where it belongs. We were watching a pretty good show last night on what a local tv station went through during the storm and I just busted out crying like a 3 year old which really surprised me. enough.

Nothing on my plate for the weekend except for school stuff and housework, but I'm sure I can come up with something for fun.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-27-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning!
Ruth and Cottage, have a safe and wonderful time.

Cat, I wonder if you're looking forward to the weekend as much as I am? Yesterday was our first student day and boy am I glad that today is Friday. I've got 1 'runner' and 1 'crier' - but the poor little crier gets the rest of the kids so upset that there were plenty of other tears yesterday, too. They're a very nice little bunch of kids though, and hopefully it won't take long for everyone to settle in and be happy at school. I love my new, bigger classroom but I sure miss having other teachers nearby - everything is a trade off I guess.

Enjoy your Friday everyone!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:52 AM   #4  
-

aughhh...runners and criers!! How to throw really great lesson plans out of the window! None in my room...these kids are tough as nails. Glad you are enjoying your new room. I love my room. Will have to take some pics soon.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/144/120

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone. Cottage & Ruth...have a great vacation!
Hiedi & Femme....teachers huh? I don't know how you do it....I have a hard enough time getting my 5 yr old to behave in school. He has tantrums. I just got him in therapy, but , I thought she would be working with him but all she does is talk to me. I'm really not looking forward to this year. I hope he does better. Once, he had a tantrum hit himself in the head, and fell in the trash can! Like I said....don't know how you do it!

Happy Friday!

Cin
Old 08-27-2010, 06:26 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a sunny, beautiful morning here and looks like a gorgeous and more summery weekend ahead.

Ruth - Happy vacation!

Cat - Sorry it's been such a stressful week. I know you will find some fun this weekend. I love hearing about your weekends.

Heidi - It's so nice to see you! hope everyone settles down soon. Happy Friday

Today is an office day. Never thought I'd look forward to one of those but I can really use it! I think we are going to Plum Island this weekend. We need to take down DW's show and do a little birding. I am so sleeping in on Sunday!

Happy Friday friends
Old 08-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Another sleep in, so I'm on the move. I'm happy it's Friday. Have a great day everyone.
Safe travels to Cottage and Ruth!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! I am sitting here blurry-eyed and blinking since my fall allergies have kicked in and my eyes are horribly itching. I have yet to find an eye drop that really works without breaking the bank.

My son heads back to college today. DH is driving with him this time and will fly home tomorrow. Which means I will have to be the one to stay up until teen curfew time tonight! Way past my usual bedtime. And last night our garage door opener spring broke so I will be working on finding someone to fix that. I am just glad it happened before DH left so I did not get stuck with the car on the inside!

Heading to the gym with my mom this morning.

Have a great day all.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #9  
-

Cin, just a thought, but does your child eat a lot of foods/drinks/"juices" that are processed..with msg, food colorings etc? You know, the stuff they sell on Saturday morning cartoons? There are so many "hidden" forms of msg, sugars etc in a lot of foods kids regularly eat. It can do a lot of nasty stuff to kids behavior that they really have no control over. I didn't realize for years that a lot of the behavior problems I faced at school were due to chemicals and not really kids intentionally being "bad". They just can't help it.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Happy Friday!
More cleaning today. Yesterday I got carpets shampooed and half the rooms deep-cleaned. Today is the other half and upholstery cleaning and woodwork scrubbing. I'm going to take a break and take my friend out to lunch. She's having a tough time - she has an autistic son and was recently told he should be medicated and possibly hospitalized, as he's really been acting out in dangerous ways. Her husband is not dealing with it well and puts it all on her, so she's under a lot of stress.

I think we'll go to Annapolis this weekend as tourists instead of natives. And then Monday, the new job starts! And got great news on Wednesday, I think they are going to let me start telecommuting right away, so I won't have to go back to cubicleworld full time after all!

My chia seeds came yesterday! Now I need to pull up that chia chat to see what to do with them. DD1 is doing great on South Beach. I talked her through making egg cups on the phone yesterday - she never cooks, it took about an hour to put them together LOL. But she's motivated and has lost 12 pounds in a month.

cottage and Ruth,
have a great time.... without us, sniff. Behave!
Glad your back to school is going smoothly, Cat. Heidi, I hope yours adjust and settle down soon. Cat, my daughter just made reservations for Mardi Gras in NO, which worries me. I apologize in advance to the natives for any bad behavior.
Cyndi, are you loving the new jobs?
Cin, Debbie, Karen, you ladies have a great day!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #11  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Mornin' all! Cat, I admire anyone who stayed with New Orleans during Katrina and her aftermath. I can't imagine a bigger nightmare.

I made "crack slaw" for the first time last night. The brother and sis-in-law had said they weren't going to eat--had a late lunch--but when they saw it they both had healthy portions and loved it. We put it on ww low-carb tortillas and renamed it Cheap and Sleazy, Big and Easy Egg Rolls. I served it with wasabi.

Have a Fab Friday!

~~Sally
Old 08-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Goooooooooooood morning! I took a Tylenol PM to help me sleep through my entire body aching from volleyball, so I feel FABULOUS today! WOO HOO for SLEEP!

Was not so good for dinner last night (thank you Christopher.....) however the scale does not reflect it thankfully. Back on the wagon today. Going to be good!

Just wanted to pop in real quick. TGIF all! Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Lisa
Old 08-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #13  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Long time no see!

Just got my girls off to school and finished working out. Now I'm enjoying my coffee before I get ready for work. Working tomorrow too and have Sunday off.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysox View Post
I made "crack slaw" for the first time last night. The brother and sis-in-law had said they weren't going to eat--had a late lunch--but when they saw it they both had healthy portions and loved it. We put it on ww low-carb tortillas and renamed it Cheap and Sleazy, Big and Easy Egg Rolls. I served it with wasabi.
It's a real favorite around here! In fact, I think I'll have some for lunch. I add a bit of healthy hoisin sauce I found at Whole Foods and sliced green onions. I love the new name!

Schmoodle, good news they will let you telecommute right away! Take care with your friend-sounds like she needs some special caring for right now.

I've gotten back in the decluttering mood, with support from my Beck friends Beck Declutterers. I'll work on paperwork/stuff a bit more today and may plan for a long bike ride for early evening.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-27-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #15  
NumberCruncher

S/C/G: 175/164.6/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! On the west coast it really is still morning =)
I have made it through Ph. 1 and it went pretty well. I really feel like I can do this long term, especially when I see that I only really have 26#'s to go!

Thought I would join in full force now that I have stuck to this and even enjoyed my new eating plan. =)

On a sad note, if any of you are pray'ers I really need some about now. My friend and mentor is in the hospital on his 2nd week after surgery and not doing so well. I am covering his business while he is "away" and they had at least one dr. tell his wife yesterday that he may not make it. Please pray for his life to be returned to him in full so that he may have more time with his family.

Hope everyone has a good friday!
~B~
Closed Thread