South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Thoughts

Good morning! Another fall-ish morning out there and I notice some yellow leaves on the black walnut trees. I've not seen a hummingbird at the feeder for about a week - maybe the little darlings have already headed for Mexico.

I know Linda is already packed for our trip and I did make a list last night. %he packing is no problem - pants and tops - but there seem to be a lot of things that need doing before I leave. One thing I forgot is that there is a payday while I'm away so I need to do payroll for my eight Mill folks! And then there's talking to the dogs about going to 4PawsInn! AS they say around here " No flies on me today"! Donna comes to clean too so I'll be working around her.

Hope your day is as productive as mine will be.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:39 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another crazy morning so just passing through. I hope to learn to manage all this soon.

Happy hump day!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Where is everyone today? I got here late myself and expected to see a bunch of chit chat already.

Good morning Cyndi and Ruth

Today is cookie baking day here. I am making them for my son to take back with him to school. (He leaves in the morning.) I am committing on here right now that I will eat none and not even a lick of batter! Tonight he gets to choose the restaurant for dinner so I'll see how that goes.

BBL!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #4  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, I think that was one of your hummingbirds at our feeder last night. : )

Heading out to walk, then gotta clean the guest house for more company tonight, a surprise visit from my brother and his wife.

Have a lovely Thursday!

~~Sally
honeysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Good morning, girls.

Ruthie - Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. Enjoy checking those to-dos off!

Morning, Cyndi!

Waisting - mmmm, baking! WILLPOWER to you!

Morning, Honey!

--

Husband had a comedy show last night. It should have ended at 11-ish, but the crowd was having such a good time that they extended it. We didn't get home until 1:30. I'm glad that I planned on going to the gym this afternoon because it just wouldn't have happened this morning!

Getting some things done around here today. Too far behind on laundry and I need to get caught up so I can actually do something this weekend.

Have a great day, girls.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 294/197/160

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning ladies!

I wish you all the will power in the world Karen! I have to admit that every time I make cookies, especially chocolate chip ones, I get caught with a spoonful of batter in my mouth every time!

I am packing to go visit my family on Cape Cod this weekend. It may be challenging since good food and wine are staples in my mother's house (she is a chef) but I am confident that I will stay right on track. Today was a big day scale wise, I am under 200 pounds for the first time in 5 or 6 years

Have a wonderful day!
Lindsay0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Argh I posted but it didn't post so I'm trying again, much shorter this time!

Vball kicked my behind last night, 6 games. Pulled every muscle in my body!

Going to make cucumber cream cheese spread today on lunch - grated cucumber and onion, garlic, cream cheese, mayo, s&p. Hopefully it'll taste good!

Gotta run. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Lisa
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/182/150

Height: 5'8"

Good Thursday all!

Waisting - I wish you major luck on the cookie deal, I know I wouldn't be able to hold out, the smell of fresh cookies is my biggest weakness! ...Ok, and maybe a glass of good wine is too.

Lindsay - Congrats! That is awesome!!!!

__________________________________________________ ____________

Traveling again this weekend, this time to visit my handsome BF!!! Very excited, we have been long distance 2 weeks now and I miss him like crazy!
Taking the train up north (400 miles), tomorrow, going to pack some good diet foods for tomorrow for the tri up there, a roasted chicken lunchmeat wrap with an apple and almond butter for lunch, YuM!

Saturday will be another story all together, we are spending the day wine tasting in Central/ Northern CA. So romantic!! I plan on taking gym clothes with me on the trip and making a trip to the gym at the hotel before we go, get my metabolism going for the day. Eating on plan will be harder on Saturday, think I'll go to the grocery store while out there and get some whole wheat crackers of some sort to much on between wineries. Then Sunday, after returning home, I plan on getting in a good workout.

Should be a fun weekend!

Have a good day all!
BritMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I wish I could get back into my old routine….I slept in today and am finally back from the pool. I rode my bike 16 miles yesterday. It was so nice outside.

Ruth, I hope you get all those chores done!

Cyndi, I hate new routines!

Karen, it was quiet at the pool today, so it's not just cyberspace! Enjoy your last day with DS.

Sally, have fun with your family visiting!

Zeff, Wow! 130 is late! Maybe you can catch a short nap today.

Lindsay, on making it to onederland! That could be motivating for clean eating in Cape Cod. What a nice time of year for a trip.

Lisa,

Brit, I think revving up your metabolism with morning workouts is a great idea! Your trip sounds fun!

Ok, I think it must be lunch time! Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Busy but Popping in hopefully check back later!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

OK so I tried making the cucumber cheese spread stuff for sandwiches and I'm just not sure. I didn't go by a recipe, and you girls know how I'm OCD about HAVING to have a recipe or I might DIE. I ended up grating 1/2 huge cuke, chopped 1 green onion (with whites,) and tossed in 2 cloves garlic (minced.) Of course S&P eyeballed.

I thought 1/2 big cuke would be enough because it looked like a lot, so I sliced up the other half for dipping purposes. However, once I stirred everything up together with the cream cheese, it didn't look very cukey. I tossed in the fridge to let the flavors blend before dinner tonight but I am afraid it's going to be more "Green Onion and Garlic Cheese Spread with a hint of cucumber." We'll see how it goes...
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I was all set to sit and chat with you all this morning, then the phone started ringing and the day got crazy for a while. But I only had to work until 3, and now I'm officially on vacation for 10 whole days!

I'm not sure if we'll get the chance to check in while we're away, but behave yourselves and don't give Cyndi a hard time.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Congrats Lindsay! Have fun at the Cape.

Have fun Linda and Ruth!

I am cookie free I baked right after lunch so I would not be hungry. I did not even eat the batter that fell on the counter even though my hand automatically went to my mouth! I just kept thinking - eggs = salmonella! I threw the mixer blade in the sink right away. The cookies are packed and ready to go. Except for a few for my book club next week that went into the freezer. Phew. Now out to dinner.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 294/197/160

Height: 5'6"

Waisting: That is funny that you mentioned that link between eggs and salmonella because I thought the same thing when I made some SB "peanut butter cheesecakes" the other night. The batter looked so good but right as I thought that the news flashed up something about the recall and the idea didn't sound so tasty any longer!
Lindsay0614 is offline   Reply With Quote