Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, plans, menu, exercise, stuff....week of August 23..

This is a place for some accountability, to place your menu or exercise plan, daily plans and other things.

Please feel free to join in!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-23-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #2  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies! I am still hovering at 222-221 pounds - for 8 days now. I am annoyed, but this too will pass! Yesterday was tough and I didn't even log it on my Fitday. We had a potluck after Sunday School and then in the afternoon we had a family bbq with our homeschool group. I was not unreasonable with the food I just didn't want to track it or figure it out. I know I did not drink enough water yesterday. I also didn't exercise.

Today I am going to aim to stay under 1700 calories and plan on doing 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I hope you all have a great day!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!!!

I hopped on the scale this am and I am up a little bit, BUT I ate popcorn while watching movies yesterday and I didn't drink very much water, so I am hoping it is mostly just fluid. We'll see......

Today is my first day of tracking my food for my wellness coach. I know many of you do this all the time, but I must say it's kind of a pain in the you know what! LOL!!! Of course, this will give us some good info to start with.

Unfortunately, no time for the gym tonight. I have to get right home and feed the dogs (and me!) and go to a friends for a jewelry party. I can't wait for that!!!

Have a great OP day everyone! I need to go fill up my water bottle!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #4  

Hi chicks....well I finally have some answers to the latest 'saga' of my health stuff. I now know why skin started to ulcerate, etc. I had a toxic reaction to the rx ointment the dermatologist gave me. Any ointments closely related made my skin start to disinegrate. It got worse and worse. Now I am making progress in healing the ulcers and tyring to get the area healed. The doctor did a biopsy and culture. He says it's a rare occurance. (I'd rather NOT be rare.)

But...I am feeling some better, it's starting to heal with 2 new meds., and I don't feel so frantic.

MJ and Newcreation - thanks for thinking of me.

My plans for today:

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, pnb toast, melon

lunch - tuna salad, tomatoes, rice cakes

snack - yogurt, cheese

dinner - pancake, morningstar bacon, clementine, sfs syrup

snack - zuccini, cheese, applesauce

plan, measure, log, count calories
fork down between bites
aware eating
slow eating
eat seated only

Have a great day.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Well, it wasn't a particularly BAD week last week, but it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. So, hoping for a much better week this week. The kids are back in school now, so maybe all of us can get back to a little more structure. What they are doing should not affect me so much, but it does, and then I slack. So, I'm planning to be much more diligent now. I went to Body Pump this morning, so that's good. On plan so far with food, so that's good too. Spin tomorrow!

Beverly: Dang! That's some rough stuff to deal with for you! I hope it starts turning around now.

TXMary: Sometimes it is better not to log it. It just makes it more difficult.

MJ: Yep, tracking food is a pain. But, I know that I am much better at being on plan when I do.

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #6  
mj5

Hi again!

Beverlyjoy--Oh goodness, well, at least you are starting to heal and are getting answers!

Diane--Sounds like you are doing great so far this week!

Ok, so I found the daily plate...it is making it easier to track my food. Still not sure if I will keep it up, but it's a start.

I'm kinda looking foward to the jewelry party tonight. I hope I can find some new pretties to use as rewards for myself
Old 08-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #7  

Some time now to catch up...

MJ- have fun at the jewelry party. It may seem 'like a pain' to keep track for your wellness coach - but, I've found it can be helpful in the long run.

slash - I truely understand how different things in life can affect our food, plans and willlingness. Learning to 'roll with the punches' is way hard - we just do the best we can.

Txmary - the scale WILL move - carry on.

I haven't weighed myself since this whole skin/staph infection/ulcerations started. I just haven't been able to face the scale yet. My food was not healthy at all going through this time. Maybe when I get a few healthy days in a row.

I wish I had not faced all this with food. I can't change it. I need to forgive myself and move forward.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:22 AM   #8  
mj5

Good Morning! I had a lot of fun at the party last night AND I totally resisted ALL of the snacks...even the chocolate cake! (It was store bought and didn't look particularly yummy, so it wasn't as tempting as it sounds!)

Beverlyjoy--No need to get on the scale until you are ready. You are exactly right, forgive and move forward. You are exactly right...there is a lot of valuable information to be had from tracking food. Actually, since findind the daily plate (and figuring out how to use it, LOL), it's actually quite easy for the most part. I LOVE the information it provides...breakdowns of carbs, protien, etc...

I have a question for those of you who use the daily plate. Do you find that it sets your calories for the day kind of high? I know I can adjust it, but just wondering what your thoughts were.

Yesterday I made myself an appt for a pre-inlaw visit mani/pedi. I figure I might as well treat myself before we go there for Labor Day weekend. I am really not looking forward to this visit (am I ever?), but I have to go...I haven't been in a long time and I know it means a lot to hubby, so I will go.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Bevjoy- so glad you got some answers.

Slash- any change in routine can be rough, but now you can just get into a new groove!

mj- did you have fun at the jewelry party?

Well, I am still 221.2 this morning. I was around 1900 calories yesterday which is still in the allowed range. I did not exercise. I will try to make it a point to exercise today. I did have anothe NSV with another piece of clothing in my closet- woot!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #10  

Hi chicks - yesterday was mostly healthy - I am grateful for the big patch of healthful eating. I did eat extra before bed - but, I will aim to do better today.

Getting my teeth cleaned today.

For today:
breakfast - morningstar bacon, toast with npb, strawberries

lunch - egg whites and cheese, toast, zuccinni and parm cheese

snack - yogurt, fruit

dinner - peas and tuna, steamed spinach

snack - sf choc pudding, slice of cheese

lots of water
fork down between bites
eat seated only
slow mindful eating
TASTE the food
plan, measure, log, count calories
leave a bite

MJ - kudos for staying away from the goodies at the party! Enjoy your nail pampering. The family stuff....ah yes. We can pick our friends, but not our family. They come along with the spouse.

txmary - LOVE that clothing nsv!

Have a healthy good day friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-24-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning...again! LOL!

TXMary--What's your exercise plan for today? Congrats on the clothes NSV!!! LOVE those!

Beverlyjoy--Yea for a mostly healthy day!!!

Ok, so...I think I might be getting into the groove w/ this tracking food thing. I know, I know, it's only been one full day, BUT here is what I have learned already....I can track on my phone (definite bonus!) AND I just looked up what I thought was a "kinda" healthier choice...multigrain bagel w/ cream cheese....OH MY...way more calories that I am willing to "spend" on breakfast (I forgot my yogurt this morning...so rather than getting a bagel, I will stop at the store and buy a single yogurt!!!) I can't say that I will track every day, but I can totally see how much more accountable this will help me to be.

Yea, the inlaw visit will be a challange...there is a big party on Saturday and I have heard the menu. Oh my...there is absolutely NOTHING even remotely healthy....I hope to be on pretty solid ground food and exercise wise by the time we go and I don't want to blow it while we are away. I know that one day will not make or brake me, but....I am going to suggest bringing a nice big healthy salad and some fruit. I already plan on packing my workout clothes and going for some nice long walks while we are there. This has always caused a problem in the past (apparently I am "showing off" according to some of my inlaws....luckily I do not care what they say and my hubby totally sticks up for me.....but I still get sick of hearing it).
Old 08-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #12  

Hi chicks....I got 'brave' today. It's been June since I've weighed myself. That's when the spots/staph/ulcerations/pain/uncertainty of surgery, etc started. Today it showed that I have gained 13 pounds this summer. It's depressing. But - as with all things in life - what's done is done.

I am grateful to know whats going on. Even though the date of my foot/ankle surgery is still uncertain - I must get back to what I know works and aim for sanity with food.

MJ - I am glad you can track on your iphone too. Thats a great help. When do you go to visit the family.

Today:

plan/log/measure/count calories
fork down between bites
eat seated only
no seconds
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
mindful eating
slow down...taste the food
feel fullness
meditation - really need this
remember food is not an emergency
remember food doesn't take away pain or stress

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, pnb toast, strawberries

lunch - cottage cheese & tomatoes, rice cakes

snack - clementine, yogurt

dinner - turkey burger with lite cheese, italian veggies

snack - rice cake, sf choc pudding, cheese

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #13  
mj5

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Ok, 13lbs. Not great news, but it could be way worse, right? You can do this, I know you can!!!!!!

We go see the ils for Labor Day Weekend. Hubby called his mom last night and the drama has started already...one of his sisters waited until three days before her son is supposed to leave for college to figure out how she is going to pay for it and then is mad at everyone else for not helping her out AND one of hubby's neice's (who just turned 18) got mad at her sister and married a soldier and quickly realized that she doesn't want to be married (there HAS to be more to that story.....) Last night hubby talked to his mom and we were specifically asked NOT to bring any food so now I don't know what to do....

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Bevjoy- sorry about the gain, but it could have been worse right?

mj- sorry to hear about the family drama. It's always something!

I am still 221!! Ugh. I know it is because I am NOT exercising and I am on the high end of my calories most days. The pool already closed for the summer and the kids and I started school already. It is 96-100 degrees here every day and too hot to walk outside. I have just not made the effort to walk over to my mom's and use the treadmill, but I am realizing if I want the scale to move I have to get back to doing that. I don't know why I am resistant....it is as if I am doing some sort of sabotage. It needs to end today.

Have a great day every one!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Beverlyjoy~ very happy you have gotten some answers. Don't beat yourself up just one day at a time, it's what I try to tell myself...lol

mj5~ family can suck the life out of you, mine does , but ya love them anyway...lol.

TxMary2 ~ try to avoid the scale, when I obsess about it not moving I defeat myself. The whole mind game is heck on the nerves.

I've been the stress queen and it shows...lol. I have not stepped on the scale this week at all. I start everyday well, then pack veggies and fruits for my lunch at work then usually blow it when I get home.

I'm having financial issues because I helped 2 of my kids (22 & 20 yrs old) out and my husband (we have separated almost a year) and nobody ever seems to be in the position to want to pay me back on their loan(s). I need to learn to say no, so I have only myself to blame . But part of me is so angry because if they had taken the advice I gave months ago I wouldn't have been put in the position to help as much as I have.

I need to say no and they all need to learn to handle their own issues.

Today I aim to do better for myself ....
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote