General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #1  

Question I still get asked when I'm due and my kids two!!

Hey everyone this is my first post. I'm really new to forums so I hope this is in the right spot! I looked through most of the pages so I hope this isn't a repeat.

I am currently a stay at home mom to a very very active two year old. Before the baby I was slightly overweight. By the time she was about two months I was in the best shape of my life, until she turned one. I am now way overweight to the point where I get migraines and don't even want to get up.

Here's my issue. I have pretty much free range with making dinner, I just can't! I have cookbooks, meal planners and I just get so frustrated! I can't spend too much time in the kitchen without my little one going crazy. I'm thinking about ordering Nutrisystem this week. Since my daughter is a pretty picky eater and my husband only eats certain foods also it sounds like a good choice for me..

Is there any advice on this program? Any advice from busy moms on how to balance meal time? (and me time if you have any!)
Thanks a bunch ladies
MissElleAye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Making dinner doesn't have to be hard and time consuming ESPECIALLY when cooking healthy. I rarely spend more than twenty minutes putting a meal together for three. And when i was a nanny for a two and a four year old I made dinner with them in the kitchen all the time. I just sat the littlest one at the bar with some crayons, and the older one would peel or mix.

Crockpot is your FRIEND my dear. Do you have any idea how many recipes can be thrown into the crockpot in the evening or morning and then turned on to cook while you go about your day? Steam some rice or bake a few potatoes (or just eat it as is!) and bang! Dinner! And often you don't need any added fat in crockpot meals.

Stirfries are simple and super quick.

When I go grocery shopping, I take some time to chop a bunch of veggies before I put them away, and then I can munch on them or cook with them all week.

I like whole wheat pasta and can throw together a dish in the time it takes the pasta to boil. I keep tons of different canned tomato products, lowfat canned soups (for bases in the crockpot), canned beans of different types, canned mushrooms, frozen veggie mixes, brown rice, whole wheat pasta.

With practice, you can answer "There's nothing in this kitchen to eat!" with a twenty minute meal. Trust me on this!

...... Wait. That's what my blog should be about!!!
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #3  

Thumbs up Great idea!

I never thought about a crockpot! That is the best idea! I did end up forgetting the idea of Nutrisystem because I just cant afford it, and well the thought of seriously processed foods makes me nervous! Thank you so much for your great ideas! I feel much calmer and less stressed now.
MissElleAye is offline   Reply With Quote