General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #1  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Question endometrial ablation, anybody?

If you have had one of these, I'd like to hear about your experience, good, bad or ugly. Thanks in advance. ~Wendalyn
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #2  

Had novasure on May 13 and am very happy with the results. I have not had a period since. Recovery was very easy just some cramping the first night of the procedure that responded well to alleve. My only complaint is that I had the ablation done in my Dr's office meaning the anesthetic was a cervical block injection and 2 hours before the procedure I took vicoden and xanax. The procedure was painful in my opinion (although the actual ablation is only 90 secs). I used slow deep breathing to get through it. My Dr. downplayed the pain and therefore I felt unprepared. Having said that I would still do it again in the same way as I get ill from general anesthetic. Hope this helps.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

I had an ablation done Aug 30 of last year and in some ways am happy and other ways not. This past winter i had pretty bad depression. My MD said it had nothing to do with the ablation but my naturopath said most definately it will. He said it messes with your central nervous system.
Also I have never had cramping during my cycle like I do now. The cramping seems to go down my legs. My PMS lasts longer as well. It feels like PMS 24/7!!
But the light periods that i get are amazing I only have to wear a liner for 1day. The rest of the time it's there when I wipe and thats it. My bleeding was incredibly heavy every month so this feels sooo much better than before.
Would I do it again? I think I would try to fix the heavy bleeding naturopathically instead. There was a reason why I had such heavy bleeding, I think I should have gotten to the bottom of that before i did what I did. Instead of the bandaid effect...actually get to the root of the problem.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions you can PM me if you would like.
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #4  

Thank you ladies for your honest replies.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Canada View Post
Also I have never had cramping during my cycle like I do now. The cramping seems to go down my legs. My PMS lasts longer as well. It feels like PMS 24/7!!
I personally know of a person that has these exact same symptoms now. She didn't have this before. The said the pain in the tops of her legs was almost debilitating the first year.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #6  

I always get the thigh crampage each month now and am contemplating the procedure.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #7  

Height: 5'

Had one a couple of years back. I am 47 and had such severe cramps that I was feeling nauseous by the time the gynecologist suggested the ablation. The surgery was nothing at all - then it sort of felt like having a medium period for about a week (discomfort-wise). They gave me a prescription for codeine that was completely unnecessary. I did not bleed during the week - urinating sort of stung a few days but it wasn't that terrible. After a week, tops (and I think it was shorter), I felt just fine. VERY glad I went ahead with it, those cramps were driving me crazy!

My period vanished completely (I was told it could take up to a year to disappear) and the cramps declined with them.
samanthaf63 is offline   Reply With Quote