View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #15
babsnwv

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Hi Barbara,

Please don't feel discouraged! You've had some awesome weigh-ins. You may be retaining water because you're fighting a cold. When we're sick our bodies shore up resources just in case.

Have you heard of using "oil of oregano" for cold prevention? I've been using it for a while now and haven't had a cold in over 4 years. As soon as I feel a cold coming on I take some oregano oil and the bug goes away. Two drops under the tongue a couple of times/day and that's it. (It tastes awful! ) You can get it at most health food stores. It's potent stuff, though, so you'll want to do a little research before you take it or give it to others in your family.

Hang in there, kiddo--you're 21 lbs lighter than 6 weeks ago!

Jackie
Thanks, Jackie! You're such a sweetheart!

I feel really "droopy" today - but my DH just called me. He's a bit excited - he got a call from his National Guard unit that an ADOS (active duty) position is open and they want him for it. It would mean about double his pay and a job he likes, rather than a job he hates like the one he has now locally. He would have better insurance - the only two drawbacks are he'll have to drive an hour to get to the armory (which he already does for drills) and he has to get in better shape to be certain he passes the PT test every time. Of course, that means he'll be more ready to exercise with me, so it seems like a good situation.

We'll see how it goes! Money's definitely not everything, but it sure does help!

I may have to see if our local natural store has the oil of oregano - I don't feel terrible yet, so maybe there's still time to catch it!

Thanks so much for the kind words - I really appreciate it!

Barbara

WI#1: -8.2 lbs, -19.75 in.; WI#2: -2.4 lbs, -10.00 in.; WI#3: -6.0 lbs, -3.25 in.; WI#4: -1.0 lb, -5.75 in.; WI#5: -3.5 lbs, -5.5 in.; WI#6: -0.2 lbs, -2.5 in.; WI#7: -4.0 lbs, -3.0 in.; WI#8: -1.8 lbs, -0.25+ in.; WI#9: -4.8 lbs, -4.25 in.; WI#10: -3 lbs, -3.25 in.; WI#11: -1.4 lbs, -3.5 in.; WI #12: +0.6 lbs ? in.; WI#13: -3.0 lbs, -1.75 in.