Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Default (Last chat of summer) AUGUST!!!

Guess its already august!!

So much going on I just broke down and cried tonight.

1. My sister is getting smacked around by a guy. She wouldnt tell me his name. I asked her brother if he knew anything. Well he said hes gonna take care of the guy. Last week the guys smashed her head of the steering wheel and her window. Then this week she got a swollen eye. So shes mad at me for saying anything. I dont ever share her buisness but I am afraid for her life and dont want her to ended up in the hospital or dead!! Im the bad guy cause I care

2. Doing the first family reunion I've ever been too with my dads family. Was tired of everyone talking about it and decided i would do something. No hassle till now one of my uncles decided he was going to do it his way. Why did I bother trying to do it why didnt he do it if he wanted it his way?? He thinks all the families should bring there food and just sit it at their own tables?? have you ever been to a event where they didnt put it all on one table and went thru the lines??? Well atfirst i was like ok whatever you want. Then I was like hmm...there are 5 other siblings and their families. If he wants to do it that way then his clan can. I was charging 1 at the door for the cost of the burgers and then the other half towards next year. With their dollar most will get 2 burgers and then 3 chance tickets for the baskets and items to be chanced off..my uncle was like NO ONE is paying anything...if someone wants to bring burgers then they can bring that as their covered dish...I ended up bawling by the time it was all said an done...GONNA hold strong though...hes only one so oh well!! Plus the family coming in from ohio is just going to bring paper products since they cant really cook in a hotel..so what are they to do go around to everyons table and bum food? How stupid would they feel...AM I being dumb on this???

3. Some stupid issues at church and people running their mouth. Friends of ours who husband was on the council stepped down because he was doing all the repairs and running for the church and just wasnt having time to relax and focus on god. Well some wonderful person that comes to church once a month is running their mouth about that person...I am trying to just keep quiet and not cause more problems but I am mad...its not right!! UGHHHHH

4. Money is totally stressing me out. We are still catching up from when my dh was off on disability and then we lost the stipend for foster care till we get another kid. Which its not much but it helps!! (anyone that doesnt know me DONT judge I dont do it for the money...I truly have a passion for helping teens!!)

SO now that I just spit all that out...hows everyone elses august starting out???
Old 08-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Where did July go??

Raven and Heather great to see you again.

Mom that is to bad about your sister. I hope she gets herself out soon.

Its a long weekend for us here, not that we can tell. Hubby left today and two of my girls have to work. We were all together last night for a bbq, so that was good. My two older girls are house sitting, so we aren't seeing much of them at the moment.
I don't have to go back to work until Friday so hopefully I can make a dent in the mess of the house.

Anyway a beautiful day is being wasted here.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 08-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Oh Mom, I'm so sorry about your sister. I'd be worried about her too. I wish I could help. I found this hotline number on Dr Phil's website:
National Domestic Violence Hotline at (800) 799-SAFE (7233).
Sorry to hear about all your other stresses too. I know you'll get through it. Your a strong spirit!

Buddly-glad to hear you had a good time with your family. Now if they would only clean up their own mess!

As for me, I'm back on track! But feel a little bummed that I may not be able to attend a friend of DH's bbq this Saturday. DH is always busy with work, and he doesn't think he'd be able to go. I know there will be a few people there that I haven't seen in a couple of years. I feel a little weird thinking about going myself. I do know everyone well. Some for over 15 years. Does that make them "good" friends to me? - I'm gonna mention the party to DH several times this week, maybe things will change. They often do. If I do go, I plan on making my famous bean dip, so yummy! but so fatting!

As for it being August, well, time keeps on slippin' into the future!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #4  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

So unmotivated, so much to do. It's hard to even type. Sometimes I think why the **** do I bother? Life sucks. I quit school after high school, now I have a job that I hate and a dead beat husband that I love... but when there isn't enough money to go around that doesn't seem to be enough. When there isn't enough money to get things that we need and want it just pisses me off. When my cell phone gets cut off and there isn't enough money for fertilizer for my tanks it makes me mad. I know these are extras but seriously.... is that too much to ask????? I seriously seriously want this....
http://www.shop.runningroom.com/prod...languages_id=1
Is that too much to ask? I need running shoes. I'm running in walking shoes, that's nto good for the feet but there's no money for them. If we stretch it I might have enough money for gas for me to make it to work since I"M THE ONLY ONE EMPLOYEED! Oh wait I have to clean the house before we go... no, don't get up, oh lift your feet so I can sweep around you... how nice.

I have to go... I have to finish water changes on my tanks even though I feel like flushing everything. I have dwarf puffers, cichlids, endlers, 2 kinds of shrimp, plecos... not all in the same tank though. I don't know why I'm telling you all this....... but if I don't finish my water changes they'll get sick/stressed and die.

Oh and Chase needs to go to the vet. Ear infection. Good thing jay actually worked for a friend week before last. So much for extra money.

sorry
Old 08-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #5  

awwww aunty jam....sorry things are going so rough...I so understand and have days like that!!! Hope it gets better!

Feeling yucky today! Got more of the boys school work turned in but stuck on some that I have no clue what I am to be doing...UGH. Ok well bout it!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #6  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Well I was feeling kinda whiney till I read everyone else's post so I'll just shut the heck up about my piddly problems. Sorry you all are struggling so much.

I'm having a hard time posting from some reason but I am reading.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #7  

HOPE DO YOU WANT ME TO COME SLAP YOU??? HUH DO YA DO YA??? LET IT ALL OUT!!! Just because someone is having a hard time doesnt mean everyone else is great. I wrote my post before I went to bed last night the one where I was upset...felt better today...IT HELPS TO GET THINGS OUT!!!

Been a lil ill today started out with the runs this morning and stomach hasnt been very stable today...dh is sick came home from work early! We just watched movied tonight..it was one of those nights...its 11:35 and I think Im gonna turn in early for the night atleast for me...LOL
Old 08-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #8  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Mom, I think I do need to be slapped! I have a phone interview tomorrow and it just totally has me flipped out. I'm having nightmares and just feel frozen. I can't even bring myself to prepare for it. I feel like I just want to run and hide. There is just so much riding on this. Blah. Now I have to go to work and close so I can't do anything positive toward it. I hate this. What is my problem?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4under5 View Post
HOPE DO YOU WANT ME TO COME SLAP YOU??? HUH DO YA DO YA??? LET IT ALL OUT!!!

I wish I had some sage wisdom to impart on all of you! My dad was great with wise words. So for each and every one of you! Hang in there!

I think I need to revise my thinking about exercise. It's been tough trying to talk myself into doing it. But I end up doing it anyway. Maybe it really is helping with my depression and I don't realize it? (GUH.. I hate when people are right!) DH doesn't seem to be as annoying as usual, and I feel pretty positive overall. (That may change when DH get's home from work!) Oh well, just got to roll with the punches.

Best of luck to you all!!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #10  

hope-awwww I am sure you will do great. Interviews in general are HARD!!!! WISH you the best of luck!!!!

sarah-i am sure the excercise helps with your mood!!

So right now I am waiting for the caffeine to kick in I have the motivation to completely declutter this house! But my body is not wanting to do it!! I had stomach cramps again this morning then heart burn after lunch (i drank koolaid go figure) Just dragging...but I cant stand the clutter ANY longer...you cant keep cleaning a cluttered house it does matter it still looks dirty! SO I am getting ready to do that.

I have seriously for a month now been thinking of the juice fast.I havent done one more than a day...here I was thinking about the unprocessed foods and how they can help and then picked up a magazine and there was an article in there about how they help you lose weight and stop the degenerative process. When you only put raw unprocessed food in your body it makes you look younger and helps your health. Well I have this crappy inablity to be in control of what I eat. I need to break the cravings!! So how better to give my body a make over than a juice fast. I was thinking of a 7 day if it goes well do longer. Was reading A LOT on it and found a good site that helps tell you what veggies and fruits do what. People have lost weight sometimes tons on it. They feel energized to even walk several miles a day! I need control over my body and I feel this is a jump start to it!! I dont know....I think I just need to take the plunge...LOL

OK OFF I go to clean!!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #11  
Gotta run!

Wow things are up and down here... we had a fight last night, I put my foot down and told him he IS cleaning the house while he's not working. Come home today and him and step-d have done a decent job on the upstairs... not quite finished but decent. We'll see what tomorrow brings but I am/was cautiously optimistic.

Then tonight we had another fight... we have really old carpet downstairs... maybe 30 years, but it was all we had! It needs to be replaced yes, there was actually a hole where the old computer desk sat for many a year. Our old dog started using the downstairs to go poop, sometimes it was a neat one... sometimes not so much (sorry for the tmi). Anyway, instead of cleaning the carpet (maybe getting a steamer????) he started cutting chunks out!!!!!!!!! Ripped a whole section out on the far side of the pool table. This has always really ticked me off and finally tonight I told him so... he said "What did you want me to do????" I said "Clean it!" he says "it was getting under the carpet!" I said "Rent a steam cleaner!". I don't see when and HOW we're ever going to replace this!!!!!! The WHOLE basement was all the same carpet. Now it's ALL ruined. Tonight was a messy one and he says "Your turn.." (like I didn't already clean up the poop upstairs in my office and the barf), so whatever, I clean it up with TP, the downstairs bathroom is disgusting!!! I'm never down there except when I'm on the treadmill and I NEVER use the bathroom. So all this pisses me off, then he tells me to cut out the carpet which starts the whole carpet conversation. He finally says "Fine, whatever, I'm going out to the garage, you cut it out or whatever. Nothing I ever do is ever good enough". Faced with cleaning a carpet that already has several pieces missing or cutting it out with the blade (only) of a box cutter I decide to cut it. Guess what... my fingers slip, next thing you know I'm bleeding all over the place. So I put TP down over the messy parts, made sure I let a little blood drip up the stairs and left it.

Now several hours and a few band-aids later he's still in the garage and I'm going to bed. I'm glad my night time pills are usually enough to put me into oblivion.

Sorry for the rant.

Edit - Then he comes in.. says "Isn't it past your bedtime?" and kisses me on the cheek like nothing happened. I don't get it. Can I still be mad at him?

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 08-04-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:01 AM   #12  

AUNT jam-Wow what a night...ill be tuning back in for tomorrow nights story...j/k but you kept my attention during the whole post...My parents had an old dog that started doing that and messed up my old room that had newer white carpet....it was not a pretty site! my dh does that to will act like nothing happen...i usually still want to just smack him...lol

Well I am down to the dreaded computer desk...I have moved things and decluttered, wiped walls, dusted shelves, dusted tables, cleaned lamp shades, reorganized cupboards and book shelves, swept, dishes, laundry...now just some odds and ends and the desk..then dye my hair and take a shower...which I totally soaked the top of my shirt with sweat so i feel great that I worked that hard but nasty and stinky!! SOOO I cant leave the downstairs clean with a messy desk I MUST do it....catch you all tomorrow
Old 08-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #13  
Gotta run!

It ticks me off when he acts like nothing happened... how are we supposed to solve anything if it keeps getting swept under the rug? (No pun intended). This morning he was the same "How are you babe?", I said I was fine but didn't say anything else.

Something else that really ticks me off, I asked him to trim the cedar trees that are out front because we couldn't get the door to the house open all the way anymore. Everyone else understands trim, right? As in trim the branches back? He cut them right off!!!!!!! Now we have a nice full tree at the bottom, nice and full at the top... and BARE in the middle. WTF was he thinking?????? It looks so stupid and every time I see it I get so mad at him for ruining the tree, there is no way we can ever make it look good agian and we can't afford to replace them. This happened about a month ago... why do I still get so mad when I see them? I know I have a hard time letting things go but should I still be mad?? Every time I see them I just see red. I think I'm going insane and geeze my fingers hurt where i cut them last night.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #14  
Gotta run!

I am really sorry I rant and rave so much in here... I have more normal posts in other areas of the forum that you may or may not have seen. I just needed to unload some stuff and you guys know how I am so I picked here I guess... feel free to ignore me.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #15  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all -

Hope, have you had your interview yet??

All good here... today is day 5. No bingeing, no wailing, just good choices. Whew!

Chat soon -
Heather
Closed Thread